Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Funkbox DM1

edited February 2014 in App Tips and Tricks

Can I get DM1 samples to FunkBox and play em' there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• I don't see a reason why not. Try it out.

• Create folder in audioshare.
    Use ifunbox to get the dm1 files out.
    Drop into new folder in audioshare.
    Funkboxs lets you import your new samples.

nb...beat machine is also a good place to copy samples tho...

• @commonstookie good look'n out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• @commonstookie said:

Create folder in audioshare.
    Use ifunbox to get the dm1 files out.
    Drop into new folder in audioshare.
    Funkboxs lets you import your new samples.

nb...beat machine is also a good place to copy samples tho...

How do you get the individual samples out of DM-1 into beat machine?. DM-1 only has Pattern and song export?

• Use ifunbox via your computer. You've got to search out the individual samples through ifunbox and copy/paste them from there. Ifunbox acts as a tether / file browser between your computer and pad. I use it to copy and move samples between apps I've purchased all the time. In my opinion a must have!

• Thanks, headphones!

• iFunbox and Dm-1 for me doesnt work i tried but nothing happens

• Is funkbox any good? Does it provide any functionality missing from dm1?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• @pantsofdeath said:

Is funkbox any good? Does it provide any functionality missing from dm1?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's quite popular and has a cool interface. But I haven't used it much because it's very dance and pop-oriented (808's, etc.) and the editing options and pattern interface are better in DM1. It does have some cool presets, but again, they're more of a dance/pop flavor, and I was looking more for rock loops.

DM1 is like my home base for pattern editing/exporting. There's a lot of other apps I've been using, from DrumStudio to Impaktor, but if I have something very specific in mind I can program, DM1 is the place.

• Funkbox is a collection of great vintage beat box samples that comes prepacked with some great vintage beats. You can load your own samples and program your own beats but neither is exactly fluid to do. I think of it more as a home accompaniment rhythm box (like you'd find on an organ) than a drum machine. Actually, it's pretty easy to program your own beats but you can't see the whole grid at once and saving them is a little clumsy.

DM1 is a better beat builder in total, I think. It has song mode. It has more mix parameters that you can record into the step sequencer. It has effects... What Funkbox has going for it is that collection of samples and rock effing solid MIDI sync. I love it.