Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New KORG Synth?

Comments

• @R_2 said:
    S👀N
    👃
    👅

😂👍

• @yug said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@yug said:

@StudioES said:
    Looks like a Triton Classic.

I think you are right

Not sure about that power supply. Should it smoke like that?

• @mannix said:
    Don't need anymore Korg synths for iOS/ gadget. Make the stuff AUv3 I think evryone on this forum will agree.

+1 AUv3 for all their existing synths would be more useful to me than a new synth.

• @oddSTAR said:

@davis_korgrd said:
    👀

Oh my, they've cut out his tongue> @TheOriginalPaulB said:

@yug said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@yug said:

@StudioES said:
    Looks like a Triton Classic.

I think you are right

Not sure about that power supply. Should it smoke like that?

Is it because currently it's vaporware !

• edited December 2019

Be careful of that smoking new synth!

• @kinkujin said:

Well that could have certainly turned out a lot worse :|
    Too many instances of Lexington in Gadget ?

• edited December 2019

Not me (fingernails are too nice), I was just cracking a joke. A lame one apparently. wa wahhhhhhhhh

• @AndyPlankton said:

@kinkujin said:

Well that could have certainly turned out a lot worse :|
    Too many instances of Lexington in Gadget ?

Funny but not really. I bought one of those overpriced fast chargers from Apple. It gets stupid hot sometimes. Better to get a third party charger brick. I hope they get sued for sh** like this.

• I'm just wondering if this 'iTriton?' will be Korg's 2nd AUv3 for iOS/iPadOS?

• Maybe they'll tease us and release it only as a gadget first. That's my bet. LOL.

• @anickt said:

@mannix said:
    Don't need anymore Korg synths for iOS/ gadget. Make the stuff AUv3 I think evryone on this forum will agree.

+1 AUv3 for all their existing synths would be more useful to me than a new synth.

Agreed, especially if it’s a Triton. How boring...

• @maxwellhouser said:

@anickt said:

@mannix said:

Agreed, especially if it’s a Triton. How boring...

I like Triton but they will need to upgrade the effects and have switchable high quality Exciter and compressor on the output if they want it to be relevant. Maybe add a modern rom card also.

• +1 👍🏼

@mannix said:

• http://www.benis.it/cm/blog/blog.htm

While we wait... The expansion cards look interesting :)
    (I'm a sucker for 'classic' old-school sounds so...).

I guess we'll see a Stand-Alone, Gadget and AUv3 this time around.

• Hopefully the 'Gadget' of iTriton will support Combi's.

Kinda bummed that the Darwin/iM1 Gadget lacks Combi support so a large chunk of the sounds are simply 'missing', sure manual layering in Gadget could do the trick but nah...

• More Cheese :)

Wonder if it will run on an iPhone as well? :D

• @Samu said:
    Hopefully the 'Gadget' of iTriton will support Combi's.

Kinda bummed that the Darwin/iM1 Gadget lacks Combi support so a large chunk of the sounds are simply 'missing', sure manual layering in Gadget could do the trick but nah...

Combi’s are where it is at with the Tritons. I also seem to remember the arpeggiator being well featured. Hated the sequencer - it didn’t have a pattern sequencer, one of those linear jobs it had.
    If it had combi’s in Gadget then that would be absolutely blissful. Those that are heavy Gadget users would love it.
    Even it was a standalone Triton I would happily buy it.... I’m sure I paid something like £1400 for mine what now feels like (and probably is) decades ago.

• @Samu said:
    http://www.benis.it/cm/blog/blog.htm

All the cheesy preset lists (from Trance Attack and other exp boards) and much other documentation can be found here: https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/1/214/

I agree about the need for combi’s in Gadget.

• @R_2 said:

All the cheesy preset lists (from Trance Attack and other exp boards) and much other documentation can be found here: https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/1/214/

I agree about the need for combi’s in Gadget.

Thanks, there so much 'cheese' among the sounds I know I'll have a BIG blast playing thru tons of sounds.
    (And I can't wait for Doug to demo it when it drops, LOL).

And well, since I have a soft spot for 'old school' Amiga stuff the Triton was heavily sampled back then along with the M1 & WaveStation...

Needless to say when this new Korg app drops I'll get it asap :)

• Korg will probably release the Nintendo version first to build us IOS junkies into a frenzy and then release the IOS version next year.....

• @robosardine said:

@Samu said:
    Hopefully the 'Gadget' of iTriton will support Combi's.

Combi’s are where it is at with the Tritons. I also seem to remember the arpeggiator being well featured. Hated the sequencer - it didn’t have a pattern sequencer, one of those linear jobs it had.
    If it had combi’s in Gadget then that would be absolutely blissful. Those that are heavy Gadget users would love it.
    Even it was a standalone Triton I would happily buy it.... I’m sure I paid something like £1400 for mine what now feels like (and probably is) decades ago.

its the Triton's 20th anniversary this year, so up to two!

the arp's pretty neat, I've played on some with the Rack I have. sequencer never made any sense when I read the manual, was gonna try it out when I got the Karma I bought not long ago (Triton with the arp's dropped for the Karma engine), but the record buttons screwed up on mine and tearing it apart to check it is so many dang screws

• edited December 2019

I still have my Triton classic. I look forward to an iOS version but I hope they do not do the same watered down crap version for gadget like they did with the M1 that still pisses me off. I won't use gadget because of it!

I paid full price for the iM1 and then for gadget but I cannot use my favorite M1 sounds in Gadget! That sucks!

• @Samu said:
    http://www.benis.it/cm/blog/blog.htm

If they release it as a platform for selling ROM packs instead of offering sample import then these are not really exciting news.
    Having owned a few EXB-PCM cards (still got two of them), I think this might have been useful 15 years ago but we have much better options today.
    If you have enough MIDI files that require these sounds then yes of course ;)

• @rs2000 said:

If they release it as a platform for selling ROM packs instead of offering sample import then these are not really exciting news.
    Having owned a few EXB-PCM cards (still got two of them), I think this might have been useful 15 years ago but we have much better options today.

Yeah, it was the same deal with iM1 and iWavestation and I've get to go thru every single multi-sound but it's nice when I bump into sounds that are etched to my brain from Amiga MODs.

The iWavestation & iM1 IAPs include every single expansion Korg ever produced for those devices so getting all the 'goods' for the Triton will be (at least for me) totally awesome and I'm prepared to make room on my iPad to fit everything in....

I'm still hoping this will be out before christmas :)

• @davis_korgrd said:
    👀

He knows but he can't tell anything yet :D

• @MAtrixplan said:

@davis_korgrd said:
    👀

He knows but he can't tell anything yet :D

Yeah, I do hope it's before the sale ends though :)

• @Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

Yeah, it was the same deal with iM1 and iWavestation and I've get to go thru every single multi-sound but it's nice when I bump into sounds that are etched to my brain from Amiga MODs.

The iWavestation & iM1 IAPs include every single expansion Korg ever produced for those devices so getting all the 'goods' for the Triton will be (at least for me) totally awesome and I'm prepared to make room on my iPad to fit everything in....

I'm still hoping this will be out before christmas :)

I do agree with iWavestation.
    With all the PCM cards on offer, together with D1, it's my new D-50.

• No news about this?

Well... while we wait we can listen to all the presets:

...and watch the video manual :D

• edited December 2019

no news yet, hoping for before Christmas!

also btw the LE has different presets than the full Triton does, because it has a more limited MFX engine. the Module pack is based on the original presets and should sound the same, I've not done any real listens to compare them tho. but you could import the LE patches to use those too, if you wanted. hopefully it can import patches from the actual files for the Triton, because there's also tons of user-created patch collections that are pretty good out there on the internet

it was also GM2 compatible, and has a builtin set of the full GM2 instrument list, in addition to its own default 512 prgograms

• @R_2 said:
    No news about this?

Well... while we wait we can listen to all the presets:

I like the presentation of this sounds - someone feels the sounds :)