Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

First recorded AUM jam. Techno.

Hey everyone.
I have been browsing the forum for about a month now and getting tips and advice on what apps to buy.
I have put together a techno jam/mix using AUM. I’m only using a first gen iPad Air so have found that creating loops in AUM from various apps is the way to go. This way I can add an effect to each channel without it maxing the cpu.
On this mix I have used various apps. First I’m using the appegiator in poison 202 to create a loop then running it through reslice.
The bass drum and high hats are from pure acid. Other synths used are Shoom and Zeeon.
Someone on the forum recommended the FAC Chorus as it was on sale for £1.99 so the effects are coming through that.
I’m new to music making so want advice from anyone listening to the mix!

Comments

• @Small_paul1976 said:
    Hey everyone.
    I have been browsing the forum for about a month now and getting tips and advice on what apps to buy.
    I have put together a techno jam/mix using AUM. I’m only using a first gen iPad Air so have found that creating loops in AUM from various apps is the way to go. This way I can add an effect to each channel without it maxing the cpu.
    On this mix I have used various apps. First I’m using the appegiator in poison 202 to create a loop then running it through reslice.
    The bass drum and high hats are from pure acid. Other synths used are Shoom and Zeeon.
    Someone on the forum recommended the FAC Chorus as it was on sale for £1.99 so the effects are coming through that.
    I’m new to music making so want advice from anyone listening to the mix!

Hi there,

That's a nice solid techno vibe you got going.
    I'm new to ipad music making as well, but i listened to alot of techno in the 90's/00's and since this year i rediscovered the genre. Something tells me you also like older techno?
    Anyway, i think there is nice variety and it doesn't get boring.
    What you could do is play with the kickdrum, on the 14Th/15th /16Th step i often put an extra kickdrum to spice it up and vary a little. An example of a track would be surgeon- raw trax 2 on youtube.
    The use of delay on the hihats/percussion is also a nice trick that's sounds very techno (plastikmans-spastik).
    Syncopated rhytms also are a nice move.
    Watch the techno lessons from tom hades on youtube, they are really informative.
    Hope to here more tracks from you!
    I use ruismaker most of the time for drum sounds, very simple to get good sounds out of it. The rozetta app from ruismaker also is a nice app to get things done in a fast efficient way.

• Hey
    Thanks so much for taking the time to listen to my track and giving some feedback, I appreciate it.
    My electronic music taste has varied over the years but techno has always been my favourite genre.
    I have had a look at the tom hades music production videos on YouTube and they are really informative. That was a good recommendation!
    I purchased Ruismaker noir in the Black Friday sales so am currently playing around with that. I am working on a new track at the moment and might post it in the song of the month club. It will probably be in January as I’m busy at work at the moment.
    Thanks again for the feedback mate.