Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auxy Jam - Simple Beat Maker by Auxy

2»

Comments

• @palms said:
    auxy makes me sad

That's a shame! We're trying our best to create something good for the world. 🤗

• edited December 2019

@rs2000 said:

@Shabudua said:

@rs2000 said:
    Cool!
    The old (first) Auxy is back!
    If it's the same as the old one, it does support MIDI out on four channels and has no annoying subscription attached.
    The old one was completely free, this one isn't but they say it has a new sound engine, whatever that means.

I'm still using the old version from time to time to quickly sequence ideas with my hardware gear.

Lenberg says above that this iteration has no midi. 😕

I'm irritated because he also wrote:

@lenberg said:

Why? Because you basically just admitted that this is the same app you previously released that worked just fine until you pulled the sub thing. And now this comes out at like $8. Yeah, that’s cheap, but there’s now sooooo many better apps in this space that do the same thing for near the same price.

Just to be clear, this is not the same app as the Auxy that has a subscription. This is the same as the classic, minimalistic, iPad app that we launched originally and never charged anything for.

The same but not the same?
    A stripped down version?
    The old app has MIDI out, otherwise I wouldn't be able to use it ;)

As mentioned above, the new app doesn't have MIDI but we might do a separate MIDI sequencer app if people are interested in that. If you have the old app and use it with MIDI then there's no need to get the new app, except if you want to use it by itself with all the new sounds in it.

• @yug said:

@rs2000 said:
    Cool!
    If it's the same as the old one, it does support MIDI out on four channels and has no annoying subscription attached.
    The old one was completely free, this one isn't but they say it has a new sound engine, whatever that means.

I'm still using the old version from time to time to quickly sequence ideas with my hardware gear.

It wasn’t free. I remember paying for two IAPs: MIDI out and sound editing.
    And now they want to sell it to me again

There was only one IAP for the MIDI features if I recall correctly. We don't want to sell you the new app if you want to use MIDI, since it's not included.

• @lenberg said:

@rs2000 said:

@Shabudua said:

@rs2000 said:
    Cool!

Lenberg says above that this iteration has no midi. 😕

I'm irritated because he also wrote:

@lenberg said:

Why? Because you basically just admitted that this is the same app you previously released that worked just fine until you pulled the sub thing. And now this comes out at like $8. Yeah, that’s cheap, but there’s now sooooo many better apps in this space that do the same thing for near the same price.

Just to be clear, this is not the same app as the Auxy that has a subscription. This is the same as the classic, minimalistic, iPad app that we launched originally and never charged anything for.

The same but not the same?
    A stripped down version?
    The old app has MIDI out, otherwise I wouldn't be able to use it ;)

As mentioned above, the new app doesn't have MIDI but we might do a separate MIDI sequencer app if people are interested in that. If you have the old app and use it with MIDI then there's no need to get the new app, except if you want to use it by itself with all the new sounds in it.

OK, thanks for the information.

• This really shows how useful the Audiobus forum is to quickly alert people of possible issues.

• @lenberg said:

well, I paid ca 10 EUR for it. maybe those were IAP, but still, you did not „never“ charge „anything“ for it

• I’m a big Auxy fan. It’s easily worth $60 a year for all the music I’ve made with it, not to mention all the joy I’ve had fiddling around with it.

• @yug said:
    It wasn’t free. I remember paying for two IAPs: MIDI out and sound editing.

Did those IAP stop working?

And now they want to sell it to me again

No they don't. @lenberg said:

So this isn't really an app for Audiobus users

• I was super confused at first, but the target audience was clarified and it makes more sense. It's definitely for younger kids, total newbies, etc. Possibly for use in schools etc. It's definitely not an app anyone here is looking for and Lenberg is totally cognizant of that.

Personally I'd have my kids just use GarageBand, and with family sharing all the AUv3s I've purchased are available cross account, but that's just me.

• edited December 2019

Still, for $8, this app delivers on the main strength of Auxy, which is ease and speed of use. I can create an interesting track in 5-10 minutes with it, way faster than any other tool I have. The downside is lack of customization, so the track won’t sound as much like “me” and won’t be quite as satisfying. But it’s a fair tradeoff and still useful.

• edited December 2019

@Shabudua said:
    Still, for $8, this app delivers on the main strength of Auxy, which is ease and speed of use. I can create an interesting track in 5-10 minutes with it, way faster than any other tool I have. The downside is lack of customization, so the track won’t sound as much like “me” and won’t be quite as satisfying. But it’s a fair tradeoff and still useful.

The same is true for Gadget LE and that's free, editing the piano roll is exactly one tap away like in Auxy and it has more or less a full GM set of instruments included plus a nice monosynth and drum machine with many more samples and it can sync to MIDI.
    Oh yes, and you're free to either play your patterns looped or queue them up to build a song.

• edited March 2020