Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auxy Jam - Simple Beat Maker by Auxy

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1488320391

Description:

Auxy Jam takes a simple approach to making music that sounds great. By removing complexity, it allows music makers at any skill level to dive in and explore high quality sounds. This lets you focus on being creative and get lost in your melodies and drum grooves.

Comments

• edited December 2019

Wait.

What?

Edit: to clarify, has this always been available or did they repost this?

• @icsleepers said:
    Wait.

What?

Edit: to clarify, has this always been available or did they repost this?

It is listed as a new app

• Very strange. Ok cool.

• Interesting. This smells (at 7.99) like a 'simple' intro to their subscription app...happy to be corrected as required. Would also like to see a comparison of what's included and what's not. We're all just trying to make a living....

• It definitely looks like the old, original iPad only version.

I’ve asked here. https://disco.auxy.co/t/auxy-jam-simple-beat-maker/17572

I’m honestly not expecting a response though lol..

• @icsleepers said:
    It definitely looks like the old, original iPad only version.

I’ve asked here. https://disco.auxy.co/t/auxy-jam-simple-beat-maker/17572

I’m honestly not expecting a response though lol..

Got the same feeling. At least the UI is the same :lol:

• The instruments have different names ...

• Looks like a money grab from the folks known for money grabbing... sooooo... no surprise really.

• At least no subscription ;)

• edited December 2019

@david_2017 said:
    At least no subscription ;)

Fear not, that will show up in an “update”

Deja vu all over again.

• If it’s a useful app at a fair price, I can’t really complain. That’s all I wanted from Auxy.

• Is Auxy still a thing?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@david_2017 said:
    At least no subscription ;)

Fear not, that will show up in an “update”

Deja vu all over again.

So true. I think the Auxy family are fantastic apps, but the dev doesn't have a good rep regarding abandoning development and/or turning into subscription model.

• Hey! Funny you found the new app so quickly. It wasn't supposed to be officially released until tomorrow, so we hadn't updated the info properly yet.

In short: this is a reincarnation of our classic app, which hasn't been available in the store for 3.5 years. The reason we removed it back then is that we wanted to focus on developing our main Auxy concept further with more advanced features. We didn't really know what to make of this app and keeping it around caused a lot of confusion about how the apps were different. With our main app in a much more mature state now, we thought it was a good idea to bring this app back as a way to also offer something for kids, beginners, education, etc.

So this isn't really an app for Audiobus users, even though we'd obviously be happy if more experienced users would enjoy it too. On the surface, it's the same design as before, but the code has been refactored to work with the latest iOS frameworks, and we have swapped the old sound engine in favor for the one we use in the main Auxy app. So this app us a lot more powerful under the hood now, and this has also allowed us to port a set of sounds from the main app.

Note that this app doesn't have any MIDI features, but we're considering maybe making a pure MIDI sequencer for use with hardware if people think that could be interesting?

• edited December 2019

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    Looks like a money grab from the folks known for money grabbing... sooooo... no surprise really.

In what way do you think it's a money grab, beyond just being a product that we have created and now sell to people that wants to buy it? Not sure what your perception is, but Auxy, the whole project, is still far from profitable yet. Not profitable as in we haven't made close to enough money to make up for the cost of developing the apps yet.

In hindsight, it obviously wasn't great to first have a free app and then move to a subscription. We did this to survive though, and today we're on a good path to reaching profitability sometime in the future hopefully. If we hadn't made that move, we wouldn't have existed today.

I know that most music app makers struggle and you will see a lot of apps, in general, move to subscription in the future. The way the App Store works, it's either that or going out of business for most of us unfortunately.

• @Shabudua said:
    If it’s a useful app at a fair price, I can’t really complain. That’s all I wanted from Auxy.

Thanks! Glad you feel that way.

• @lenberg said:

@Shabudua said:
    If it’s a useful app at a fair price, I can’t really complain. That’s all I wanted from Auxy.

Thanks! Glad you feel that way.

Absolutely. Auxy is fantastic at what it does. Unfortunately, what it does isn’t enough to make it worth $5 a month, for me. But I’d gladly pay a one-time fee for a small chunk of it.

Besides the sound engine, are there any other differences between Auxy Jam (features, etc.) and the classic green-icon app?

• Besides the sound engine, are there any other differences between Auxy Jam (features, etc.) and the classic green-icon app?

A bunch of smaller details, like e.g. you can scroll with one finger instead of two, but nothing major. The feature set is, and was, pretty limited to begin with, and we wanted to keep it that way and even refine it a bit more.

• @lenberg said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    Looks like a money grab from the folks known for money grabbing... sooooo... no surprise really.

In what way do you think it's a money grab, beyond just being a product that we have created and now sell to people that wants to buy it? Not sure what your perception is, but Auxy, the whole project, is still far from profitable yet. Not profitable as in we haven't made close to enough money to make up for the cost of developing the apps yet.

In hindsight, it obviously wasn't great to first have a free app and then move to a subscription. We did this to survive though, and today we're on a good path to reaching profitability sometime in the future hopefully. If we hadn't made that move, we wouldn't have existed today.

I know that most music app makers struggle and you will see a lot of apps, in general, move to subscription in the future. The way the App Store works, it's either that or going out of business for most of us unfortunately.

Why? Because you basically just admitted that this is the same app you previously released that worked just fine until you pulled the sub thing. And now this comes out at like $8. Yeah, that’s cheap, but there’s now sooooo many better apps in this space that do the same thing for near the same price.

I get you’re a business and need to make money, it’s just that you seemed to have made a bad choice, lost goodwill, and still are not profitable...

I wish you luck, I liked Auxy when it came out, would never have stopped using it if you would have just relied on iap for supplemental revenue.

• Why? Because you basically just admitted that this is the same app you previously released that worked just fine until you pulled the sub thing. And now this comes out at like $8. Yeah, that’s cheap, but there’s now sooooo many better apps in this space that do the same thing for near the same price.

Just to be clear, this is not the same app as the Auxy that has a subscription. This is the same as the classic, minimalistic, iPad app that we launched originally and never charged anything for.

• edited December 2019

Cool!
    The old (first) Auxy is back!
    If it's the same as the old one, it does support MIDI out on four channels and has no annoying subscription attached.
    The old one was completely free, this one isn't but they say it has a new sound engine, whatever that means.

I'm still using the old version from time to time to quickly sequence ideas with my hardware gear.

• @rs2000 said:
    Cool!
    If it's the same as the old one, it does support MIDI out on four channels and has no annoying subscription attached.
    The old one was completely free, this one isn't but they say it has a new sound engine, whatever that means.

I'm still using the old version from time to time to quickly sequence ideas with my hardware gear.

Lenberg says above that this iteration has no midi. 😕

• @lenberg said:

Why? Because you basically just admitted that this is the same app you previously released that worked just fine until you pulled the sub thing. And now this comes out at like $8. Yeah, that’s cheap, but there’s now sooooo many better apps in this space that do the same thing for near the same price.

Just to be clear, this is not the same app as the Auxy that has a subscription. This is the same as the classic, minimalistic, iPad app that we launched originally and never charged anything for.

Yes, that you yanked. My point is I, and a lot of other people apparently, would have far preferred you expand that via iap, rather than kill it and make it sub. People will pay for quality IAP. I do.

• Yes, that you yanked. My point is I, and a lot of other people apparently, would have far preferred you expand that via iap, rather than kill it and make it sub. People will pay for quality IAP. I do.

We removed the app from the App Store but that obviously didn't remove it from people's iPads, so not sure why you're so upset with that?

Then we expanded our other app a lot and started selling sound packs eventually. If you bought one you can still use that app with the original sounds and the packs you bought without any subscription.

Selling sound packs wasn't a viable model, unfortunately, so we had to go the subscription route to keep Auxy alive and potentially make it profitable down the line.

You're welcome to hate on subscriptions as much as you want, I just want to be clear about the reasoning behind our decisions.

• @lenberg said:
    We're considering maybe making a pure MIDI sequencer for use with hardware if people think that could be interesting?

Great Idea. I always loved Auxy’s sequencing; what turned me off was the sounds were not customizable enough. Using Auxy’s sequencer with my own AUv3 instruments and effects would be very cool too...although I probably still wouldn’t pay $5 a month for it.

• @Shabudua said:

@rs2000 said:
    Cool!

Lenberg says above that this iteration has no midi. 😕

I'm irritated because he also wrote:

@lenberg said:

The same but not the same?
    A stripped down version?
    The old app has MIDI out, otherwise I wouldn't be able to use it ;)

• @rs2000 said:
    Cool!

It wasn’t free. I remember paying for two IAPs: MIDI out and sound editing.
    And now they want to sell it to me again

• auxy makes me sad

• edited December 2019

@lenberg said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

If you went to subscription and it’s helping you stay afloat and is working for you, then I support you 100%. Apparently nobody would have Auxy if you didn’t make that decision, so looks like it was the right one. BTW, I’m a subscriber.