Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Octatrack & iPadOS: fun match

Now that ipados is out, and you can directly access USB disks, the iPad and octatrack make a fun couch duo. I like jamming in AUM or pure acid, but I find the iPad frustrating for arrangement / sequencing past a 4 bar loop.

With just a USB cable connecting the two you can now export stems into the OT directly, as it's the only elektron device that lets you access the samples over USB disk.

I need to find an app to normalize stems before loading them in, but otherwise this is fast and fun.

Comments

• damn, I still lust for a OT some times. This sound like a good set up.

• @[Deleted User] i had convinced myself I needed a digitakt! But I decided to try to double down on the OT instead. It is definitely a bit more lo-fi in terms of sound and effects quality compared to the digitakt, but the additional functionality and time stretching negates the downsides IMO