Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New track: Cover of DePress "Kalhoz" (1981)

So this is another "synthesized singing" thing, but as the lyrics for this are in Russian, I needed a source of multilingual speech synthesis. The solution was using Google Translate, which very conventiently creates both a slow and a fast version of any phrase you want it to say, ready to mangle and then feed your vocoder(s):

So that may be interesting to folks as an source for samples, given that that thing speaks a lot of languages now. Also, it will totally speak english with a russian accent.

I saved the sounds using screen capture, and exported to .wav using LumaFusion. Stretching and mangling was in Auria, as well as mixing and finalizing. Everything else was done in AUM with Rozeta.

To create the voices, I used Matrix, DerVoco and iVoxel and mixed the result together. Of these, iVoxel is by far the most 'realistic' - but it's not AU which means that you can use it for just one voice at a time. Anyway, you know, apps. Gotta catch them all.

DerVoco was used with a Ripplemaker carrier; for Matrix I used the internal synth with the 'roboter' preset.

Apps used: Three Ruismakers, one each for bassdrum, snare and hihats. Five Troublemakers, one each for the bassline and the main riff; and three used for chords with Polythemus. I added two Strng's and a Laplace to fill out/metallicize the sound a bit.

Reverb is EOS, Overdrive is by Klevgrand Reamp, I also used Fac Maxima, this time with Barkfilter on some of the tracks (using the triple-band-limiter thing). The chords also have Blue Mangoo Stereo Lag on them to embiggen the noise.

Oh, lyrics:

работаем колхозе x 16
моя родина работает колхозе x 4
работаем x 6
работаем колхозе x 3
we are working on the kolkhoz
ah