Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aubiobus and jamup xt

edited December 2012 in Support and Feedback

Hi guys,

Just figured out that when using the above combination, a sound can only be heard when using my ipad 2 speaker. As soon as the headphones are plugged in the sounds disappears.

Is there a way around this?

Many thanks

Kris

Comments

• This is same with jamup xt and jamup pro xt. UnInstalled audiobus, funkbox and jamup. Restarted ipad, then reinstalled. Made no difference.

Can anyone else confirm this?

• What is your signal chain in audiobus? Are you using a guitar?

• Not tried the guitar to be honest. Although I did put in my irig to see if that made any difference which it didn't.

It doesn't work for any combo - I have all audiobus apps installed and tried.

Jamup must be doing something strange when I plug the headphones in.

Does anyone else have jamup (either versions-I've tried) and some headphones to try? :-)

Thanks

Kris

• I don't own an iPad2 but I can tell you JamUp works fine in headphones on iPad 3rd gen and iPhone 4S with Audiobus.

I'm guessing your JamUp works fine on it's own and only behaves this way in Audiobus?

• Having same thing happening with jamup xt with guitar plugged in.
    Works with headphones when used on its own but when used through audiobus and multitrack there is no on/output volume.

• I've got Audiobus to work with Jamup XT pro on my iPad mini, but not on my iPad 1, I guess the dual core thing is important. I use Apogee Jam and I get sound out into either my "PA" or my headphones.
    Here is a short clip I've done yesterday on my first session with Audiobus:

• JamUp is a beast. Great app, but uses quite a bit of CPU. We strongly recommend dual core devices if you want to use it with Audiobus. In fact we only recommend dual core devices (A5 and later), no matter what.

• Sebastian I just knew that was coming! Lol My iPhone 5 is due in a couple of months but I want to play now :-(
    Love how its all coming together, well done to all!! :-)

• Thanks! Your iPhone 5 will deal with all of it very nicely.

• Hmm that's interesting. Are we saying that if you have an audio app not in the audiobus chain you can have it input into audiobus via the mic?
    I'll need to investigate......

• Nope. Well it was worth a shot. I'll just have to content myself with trying to persuade the positive grid guys to add jamup as an input as well as an fx slot.

• edited December 2012

Hey thanks cruise for the irig instructions. I was losing my mind trying to figure how to get it running. Works fine now.