Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeoShred Play vs Pro

Am wondering how the presets are in GeoShred Play - am not interested in the Pro version.
It looks like you cannot alter the presets in this version. Will the presets have me really wanting to tweak them because they have, for example, too much delay or reverb on them?
Are the scales independent of the presets - or do i have to use a predetermined scale that comes with a preset?
Are all the presets/patches for lead playing? Or can you chunk out some tight rhythm stuf with GeoShred Play?
Thanks for your help! :)

Comments

• Nobody owns GeoShred around here? Or is everyone playing with their Black Friday apps? :)

• I don’t own either but I think most people here own only geoshred pro.

• I only own GeoShred Pro, so can't give you any feedback on the Play version. I must say that the Pro version is really awesome, it is definitely one of my goto apps for a fun play around!

• @fprintf said:
    I only own GeoShred Pro, so can't give you any feedback on the Play version. I must say that the Pro version is really awesome, it is definitely one of my goto apps for a fun play around!

It sounds like the presets are the same in both, but you cannot tweak in Play.
    Do you find yourself tweaking the presets a lot? Or all they that good that there is no need to do that? Thanks. :)

• GeoShred Pro has been a game changer here, I’m a Piano/Organ/Synth player now almost 45 years .. now I’m a Geoshred player, great instrument, and being able to tweak the presets and play with the modeling to get my own sound is essential. I’m curious why you don’t want the Pro version?

• zahzah
    edited December 2019

@cloudswimmer said:
    I’m curious why you don’t want the Pro version?

I set a budget for how much I would spend on software sales this weekend. I have 13 bucks Canadian left in my account and Play will cost around $10 with taxes. Pro would be almost 25.

@cloudswimmer said:
    being able to tweak the presets and play with the modeling to get my own sound is essential.

That's kinda what I suspected - that I would need to tweak more.

@cloudswimmer said:
    GeoShred Pro has been a game changer here, I’m a Piano/Organ/Synth player now almost 45 years .. now I’m a Geoshred player, great instrument

It really looks amazing. It also looks like you have to spend some real time getting good at it as well - like a brand new instrument. If you have any links to your GeoShred stuff, I'd love to hear it.
    Thanks for your input! :)

• I thought I read somewhere on this forum that Geoshred should be off 40% on cybermonday.

• Isn’t geoshred play only a midi controller without built in sounds? Or is there another version too? I have pro, but I really don’t use the sounds at all. I did make presets for midi controllers to various devices as well as some midi routing- youre saying that the play version wouldn’t allow that? That would be strange, but I don’t know the answer.

I used geoshred pro to control my behringer model d the other day with the puc+ bluetooth midi adapter for a recording. It works pretty well but sometimes if you hit too many things at once you’ll get a stuck note and need the panic button, then all is well. Sometime soon I want to try it live for songs where I currently use my electro harmonic bass microsynth, but I haven’t worked it into my setup yet.

• zahzah
    edited December 2019

@mrufino1
    Play has the sounds but no tweaking presets or midi out.
    Control has the midi-out controller but no sounds.
    Pro has it all. Tweaking saving midi out.

@dreamrobe it’s still on sale - here in North America anyways...

• @zah ok thanks. just checked. normal price is 25$.

• @zah said:
    @mrufino1
    Play has the sounds but no tweaking presets or midi out.
    Control has the midi-out controller but no sounds.
    Pro has it all. Tweaking saving midi out.

@dreamrobe it’s still on sale - here in North America anyways...

Ah, makes sense, and geoshred control is what I was thinking of. Thanks for clarifying.

• Here is a comparison chart: http://www.moforte.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/GeoShred-3.0-one-sheet.pdf

Notes inline.

@zah said:
    Am wondering how the presets are in GeoShred Play - am not interested in the Pro version.

They are the same presets as Pro. Play is just a preset player.

It looks like you cannot alter the presets in this version. Will the presets have me really wanting to tweak them because they have, for example, too much delay or reverb on them?

That is correct, you can't edit the presets in Play. You can in Pro or Play with a Pro upgrade.

Are the scales independent of the presets - or do i have to use a predetermined scale that comes with a preset?

A preset can have a scale built in, or you can set the scale globally.

Are all the presets/patches for lead playing? Or can you chunk out some tight rhythm stuf with GeoShred Play?

Either

Thanks for your help! :)

• @dreamrobe said:
    I thought I read somewhere on this forum that Geoshred should be off 40% on cybermonday.

That is correct. 40% off for Cyber-Monday. We are going to extend the sale for a couple more days.

• @moForte Does Geoshred Pro come with a seperate MIDI AU with just the keyboard, without the audio engine?

• The presets are fine, but I think you will want to tweak them some. So, you would be be better off if you can pull together a couple more CAD while it’s on sale as there will usually be some reverb, delay, or something you want to disable. I wonder if you can alter the scale, string layout, etc on play...

Maybe there is an IAP and you can just get the one you can afford and upgrade later? I don’t know, I bought the original GeoShred before it had MIDI hoping their promise for MIDI would come true, and it did!

• edited December 2019

I got Control. Serves the purpose of what I need, which is to play a ton of apps as a Guitar shredder. Also, if I wanted, I can upgrade to the full version. Finally, I'd feel bad if I had apps that could make cool musical effects but I never use it. I've already downloaded so many great apps but now I just want to create with them.

If you do get Control, don't forget to route the output to Virtual MIDI if you're using AudioBus.

And yeah, Canadian pricing of apps is annoying (when they charge you the tax after purchase).

• zahzah
    edited December 2019

@moForte Thanks much for your help! :)

@DMan said:
    The presets are fine, but I think you will want to tweak them some. So, you would be be better off if you can pull together a couple more CAD while it’s on sale as there will usually be some reverb, delay, or something you want to disable. I wonder if you can alter the scale, string layout, etc on play...

Maybe there is an IAP and you can just get the one you can afford and upgrade later? I don’t know, I bought the original GeoShred before it had MIDI hoping their promise for MIDI would come true, and it did!

Yeah, I think getting the IAP to Pro is the way to go, if I like what I see. Looks like the app goes on a good sale every year or so, so I can wait it out for the next go round.

@Samflash3 said:
    I got Control. Serves the purpose of what I need, which is to play a ton of apps as a Guitar shredder. Also, if I wanted, I can upgrade to the full version. Finally, I'd feel bad if I had apps that could make cool musical effects but I never use it. I've already downloaded so many great apps but now I just want to create with them.

If you do get Control, don't forget to route the output to Virtual MIDI if you're using AudioBus.

Hmmm - looks like getting Control gives me a bit more, uh, control, over the final sound and less frustration, (even though I”m not getting the true modelled guitar and FX) - and gives me the opportunity to see if I like the work/play flow of the app. Maybe the Zendrix patch in thumbjam works out and convinces me to get the Pro at some point in the future.

Thanks all for your input! :)

• zahzah
    edited December 2019

@Samflash3

And yeah, Canadian pricing of apps is annoying (when they charge you the tax after purchase).

I don’t think anyone really gets how much this truly sucks - except for the Canucks and definitely those in NZ and Australia. Sure, there’s the exchange rate to the USD, which is unfavorable 12 years out of 13, but Apple then charges an additional 10 % on top as well. So currently we pay over 50% more than someone in the US. Just one ream after another. Even getting an amazing iTunes discount card doesn’t come close to covering half of the additional markup and taxes. End rant.

• @zah said:
    @Samflash3

I don’t think anyone really gets how much this truly sucks - except for the Canucks and definitely those in NZ and Australia. Sure, there’s the exchange rate to the USD, which is unfavorable 12 years out of 13, but Apple then charges an additional 10 % on top as well. So currently we pay over 50% more than someone in the US. Just one ream after another. Even getting an amazing iTunes discount card doesn’t come close to covering half of the additional markup and taxes. End rant.

Yeah. I bought an app (I think it was Factory - was it for $17) app to celebrate the Raptors win, but I checked my Apple Card and I had less than $3 remaining from a $25 card. Till today, I’m puzzled.