Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland Zenbeats...ultimate worth it? Roland Cloud..Worth it?

It’s on sale and I’m curious...is ZenBeats ultimate worth it? Anyone tried Roland cloud? Is it worth it?

Comments

• I don’t like it but then again don’t like Ableton (I think this is for people into clip launching.) also too fiddly on a mini.

Try the workflow on free, if you like free then yes the paid content is absolutely worth it.

• @dustgod said:
    I don’t like it but then again don’t like Ableton (I think this is for people into clip launching.) also too fiddly on a mini.

Try the workflow on free, if you like free then yes the paid content is absolutely worth it.

Ok. I’m tryna wrap my head around it, first impression is there’s a lot going on with it

• Zenbeats yes. Ultimate - not to me. Roland Cloud I cant say.

Zenbeats is a really great app. I wouldn’t give up NS2 or BM3 for it, but it gives a nice alternative approach, and it’s fun.

The sound packs ... well, I’m not a big samples guy, and I also just don’t click well enough with the built-in synths to care that much about the presets. I rarely use loops I didn’t create. So nothing really there for me. I’ve bought a few packs, rarely use ‘em. But that’s just me.

Roland Cloud - I never looked into.

• I own zenbeats on iPhone, android en Windows. I just love the simplicity, it’s like an ableton lite. Not everything makes sense in the gui, it’s actually quircky. The transfer option between my devices is awesome, working on one then continue on the other. If ‘plug-ins’ are missing on a certain device, the midi is still there. Also native roli block support and MPE support is cool.
    It is my go to daw to have fun, but always end up exporting stems to another daw to finish a track.

• @jaijai said:
    I own zenbeats on iPhone, android en Windows. I just love the simplicity, it’s like an ableton lite. Not everything makes sense in the gui, it’s actually quircky. The transfer option between my devices is awesome, working on one then continue on the other. If ‘plug-ins’ are missing on a certain device, the midi is still there. Also native roli block support and MPE support is cool.
    It is my go to daw to have fun, but always end up exporting stems to another daw to finish a track.

Thank u for this insight. Completely forgot about MPE!!

• edited December 2019

@wim said:
    Zenbeats yes. Ultimate - not to me. Roland Cloud I cant say.

Zenbeats is a really great app. I wouldn’t give up NS2 or BM3 for it, but it gives a nice alternative approach, and it’s fun.

That’s really the issue at hand here. Thanks for being blunt.

The sound packs ... well, I’m not a big samples guy, and I also just don’t click well enough with the built-in synths to care that much about the presets. I rarely use loops I didn’t create. So nothing really there for me. I’ve bought a few packs, rarely use ‘em. But that’s just me.

Roland Cloud - I never looked into.

Thanks

• McDMcD
    edited December 2019

I downloaded all the synth emulations from the Roland Cloud service and they were amazing while it lasted. I just don’t use my laptop for music enough to justify the $20/month subscription. But if you do make desktop music it’s a great deal. Roland has a legendary catalog of synths. And they are faithfully re-created.

NOTE: They need internet access to authorize the (re)use of every synth app.
    There's extra security around them to insure they are not moved to another platform or shared with someone unauthorized.

• @McD said:
    I downloaded all the synth emulations from them Roland Cloud and they were amazing while it lasted. I just don’t use my laptop for music enough to justify the $20/month subscription. But if you do make desktop music it’s a great deal. Roland has a legendary catalog of synths. And they are faithfully re-created.

I appreciate that insight. I would be strictly iPad based for everything so I guess I’m disqualified by default

• Oh shit didn't see OPs name, nice job on west coast NS2

• @dustgod said:
    Oh shit didn't see OPs name, nice job on west coast NS2

Thank you 🙏 I appreciate it!!!

• @dustgod said:
    Oh shit didn't see OPs name, nice job on west coast NS2

This !!

• I wouldn’t recommend it cause it’s still not available in many countries.

• I like it. Is a good compromise in many ways , but not being able to use audiobus is a big limitation, and I can’t figure out a way to record a live session in loop mode. I was hoping there was a record session button like on launchpad by novation , am I missing something?

• To me it’s really fun and so far stable for what I’ve been doing. It’s a mix between Modstep looping and NS2 linear recording. But i like that you can import all the exported loops from Groovebox recorded like you kike and layit all down into a linear recording and keep on keeping on. Pretty cool to me.❤️☝️🙏

• @Cescozena said:
    I like it. Is a good compromise in many ways , but not being able to use audiobus is a big limitation, and I can’t figure out a way to record a live session in loop mode. I was hoping there was a record session button like on launchpad by novation , am I missing something?

I actually found the answer to my own question. I wrote to zenbeats support and they promptly responded , turned out that if the record button on the transport bar is long pressed shows other functionalities among them is to record performances. And it does that on the timeline in separate tracks! For my needs this app is perfect. I was using bm3 which does have more functions but zenbeats has the necessary ones for most uses and is so much playful and practical.

• @Cescozena said:

@Cescozena said:
    I like it. Is a good compromise in many ways , but not being able to use audiobus is a big limitation, and I can’t figure out a way to record a live session in loop mode. I was hoping there was a record session button like on launchpad by novation , am I missing something?

I actually found the answer to my own question. I wrote to zenbeats support and they promptly responded , turned out that if the record button on the transport bar is long pressed shows other functionalities among them is to record performances. And it does that on the timeline in separate tracks! For my needs this app is perfect. I was using bm3 which does have more functions but zenbeats has the necessary ones for most uses and is so much playful and practical.

Nicceee!!!

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@dustgod said:
    I don’t like it but then again don’t like Ableton (I think this is for people into clip launching.) also too fiddly on a mini.

Ok. I’m tryna wrap my head around it, first impression is there’s a lot going on with it

Ableton is not just for Clip Launching (this is an additional way to create loop based music, or you can use it like some DJs do for remixing).. Ableton can do exactly same as the other DAWs... (Cubase,Cubasis,Pro Tools,FL Studio, ect)... Its no different to to any other format, or platform.. People who think this is small minded, or not adventurous.. Or skilled enough (maybe they are intimidated by the software?.... I dunno?)..... Once you suss Ableton's way of programming, its a piece of cake.. Its adjusting you way of doing things... i've never used Ableton for clip launching.. Always write my own material..