Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mi Rack in the effect slot ( Awesome )

You lot probably already know this , so excuse me if it’s old news.
but just stumbled on this and it’s amazing.
Load mi Rack into the effect slot of AUM,
Load an input and an output, then drop any effect in between and voila!

We now have access to modules as effects.
It’s Awesome.

Merry Xmas
🌞

Comments

• Indeed it is, App Of The Year for me.

And it’s up against a lot of tough competition.

A Merry Christmas to yourself also!

• I didn’t already know this and an awesome tip!
    I bought miRack on Friday and going to try this today.

Thank you and merry Xmas!

• I bought it yesterday and it’s really awesome, I’m slowly figure it out, but I already understand that the possibilities are almost infinite. There is a way to save a single module presets?

• Is there anyone doing this currently? How is it going? Is there any examples/videos that you know of?

• @robosardine said:
    Is there anyone doing this currently? How is it going? Is there any examples/videos that you know of?

It's great. Although I mainly use it for one of the verbs and delays. I need to get more adventurous I guess.

There's actually some demo patches, and one of them is pretty much already setup so that all you need do is swap out the modules and reconnect a few cables.

• @robosardine said:
    Is there anyone doing this currently? How is it going? Is there any examples/videos that you know of?

I often run MiRack in an effects slot, specifically the 16 channel version. In AUM that gives you 8 stereo pairs in and out, which can be used for audio or CV. My interface (MOTU M4) has DC coupled outputs, so I can take two channels of CV out to hardware.

You can use the MIDI in/out modules as well, effectively joining up your hardware and software, and you can use your IAA and AUv3 apps as extra modules (effectively). The level of integration between MiRack and the rest of the stuff is up to you, but it has huge potential.

Unfortunately I’m not aware of any videos on this. I have some jams from Jamuary which use this, but the visuals are just photos or AI art stills, as I was doing them quickly and didn’t want to use screen recording. I’ll dig out a couple of links in a few minutes.

• If you open the 4 block menu, to the left, there's an audio effect demo

If you search for modules by tags, they're grouped in a way that can be easier to find. You can swap out anything between the input and output stages, or just build from scratch

Here's an example:

• OK, here are a couple of my Jamuary videos. See the YT descriptions for patch notes.

• Thanks for the replies and the examples. I haven’t actually purchased it yet. I was wondering if you could get it to sound anything like the Steady State Fate Tryptych which is a modular effects rack featured in this video. It kicks in at 1.24

• @robosardine said:
    Thanks for the replies and the examples. I haven’t actually purchased it yet. I was wondering if you could get it to sound anything like the Steady State Fate Tryptych which is a modular effects rack featured in this video. It kicks in at 1.24

You probably could, but it won’t be exact. Triptych seems to be a filter, drive, waveshaper and BBD combined. All of which are in MiRack, but you’d have to experiment to see how close you can get. Could be a lot of work. I’ve just spent about half an hour and not got close.

• @bygjohn said:
    OK, here are a couple of my Jamuary videos. See the YT descriptions for patch notes.

Nice tracks!

• @el_bo said:

@bygjohn said:
    OK, here are a couple of my Jamuary videos. See the YT descriptions for patch notes.

Nice tracks!

Thank you!

• @bygjohn said:

@robosardine said:
    Thanks for the replies and the examples. I haven’t actually purchased it yet. I was wondering if you could get it to sound anything like the Steady State Fate Tryptych which is a modular effects rack featured in this video. It kicks in at 1.24

You probably could, but it won’t be exact. Triptych seems to be a filter, drive, waveshaper and BBD combined. All of which are in MiRack, but you’d have to experiment to see how close you can get. Could be a lot of work. I’ve just spent about half an hour and not got close.

Thanks for taking the time. I appreciate your advice - I’ll leave this one for now 👍😀

• @bygjohn said:

@el_bo said:

@bygjohn said:

Nice tracks!

Thank you!

Me too. I listened to both all the way through.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@bygjohn said:

@el_bo said:

@bygjohn said:

Nice tracks!

Thank you!

Me too. I listened to both all the way through.

Thank you, too!