Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Unable to Install Ruismaker Noir Presets

Hi All

Is there an issue with installing Ruismaker Noir presets from a ZIP file? I’ve followed the procedure in the Noir manual to the letter but they just don’t appear, despite several Noir restarts.

I’m on iOS 13.2.3 ... can anyone help please?

Thanks
Richard

Comments

• Don’t think so I did it Thursday night...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Poppadocrock said:
    Don’t think so I did it Thursday night...

@StudioES said:
    I had this issue recently.
    Make sure they're named exactly: "noir_presets.zip"
    From Files App, if Open doesn't work, hit the 3 dots, tap Share, then More, then Open in Ruismaker Noir.
    Just tested, works as expected.

Thanks ... this is strange as it’s exactly what I did. Will try renaming file (Although name looks correct) and see if that helps ...

• Hey @brambos ... wonder if you might be able to suggest anything? I’ve even uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and followed the correct procedure again but it’s just not working. No patches are installed.

If there’ s anything else I can suggest I’d be grateful 😀

• That's really weird... indeed, that's the correct procedure. Is it possible that the zip is incorrect/corrupted?

• edited December 2019

@craftycurate said:
    Hey @brambos ... wonder if you might be able to suggest anything? I’ve even uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and followed the correct procedure again but it’s just not working. No patches are installed.

If there’ s anything else I can suggest I’d be grateful 😀

You don’t have a zip inside of a zip do you? Or folder structure inside zip wrong. I’d ask you to send it to me but I’m working. 😆

• @brambos said:
    That's really weird... indeed, that's the correct procedure. Is it possible that the zip is incorrect/corrupted?

Thanks for your quick response. I’ll try downloading the file again, though it does unzip correctly to create a folder full of patches.

• @craftycurate said:

@brambos said:
    That's really weird... indeed, that's the correct procedure. Is it possible that the zip is incorrect/corrupted?

Thanks for your quick response. I’ll try downloading the file again, though it does unzip correctly to create a folder full of patches.

Then it's probably ok. What version of iOS are you on?

• edited December 2019

@brambos said:

@craftycurate said:

@brambos said:

13.2.3 on iPad Pro 2017 ... did I read in some thread about problems installing patches in some synths in recent iOS versions?

Can I just unzip the patches and manually copy them into the User Patches folder?

I’m able to save and recall my own presets successfully.

• @craftycurate said:

@brambos said:

@craftycurate said:

@brambos said:

13.2.3 on iPad Pro 2017 ... did I read in some thread about problems installing patches in some synths in recent iOS versions?

Can I just unzip the patches and manually copy them into the User Patches folder?

No, the User Patches folder is just for getting patches out. It doesn't sync with the AU plugin's internal folder (because Apple made that ridiculously hard and unreliable. The folder you're looking at is the files folder of the standalone app. AU plugins can't have a publicly accessible folder).

• edited December 2019

@brambos said:

@craftycurate said:

@brambos said:

@craftycurate said:

@brambos said:

No, the User Patches folder is just for getting patches out. It doesn't sync with the AU plugin's internal folder (because Apple made that ridiculously hard and unreliable. The folder you're looking at is the files folder of the standalone app. AU plugins can't have a publicly accessible folder).

Ah I see. The patches don’t appear in either the AU or standalone versions after attempting installation using above method.

Thanks again for your help btw.

• @brambos So got it working in the end ...

I changed filename to "noir-presets.zip" i.e. underscore to hyphen, installed as above, and the patches finally appeared. There was no "synchronising ... please close app" message as i had when installing patches in Ripplemaker

Also I noticed that using the method outlined above, the "Share" menu option in Files said "Open in Ruismaker Noir" but if I copied them to Google Drive first, and then opened from there, the "Open In" menu said "COPY to Ruismaker Noir". Not sure if that's significant or not.

I installed a bank for Ripplemaker using the above method, and it worked fine first time, and the Share Menu said "COPY to Ripplemaker", so not sure if that's an indication of the underlying issue I encountered.

But the key thing is they're installed now, but can't say what step I took that made it work this time.

• Good. Glad it’s fixed.

• I have no explanation, but good it’s sorted now.

The mysteries of iOS know no bounds.

• edited December 2019

Still doesn’t work for me no matter what I try.

Actually got it to work by copying it to the Documents app then opening it from there. Would not work in the built in Files app. Seems that the op had to do something similar by opening it from google drive.

• I just got noir on Friday. Where are there Extra noir presets to try?

• @Antkn33 said:

Actually got it to work by copying it to the Documents app then opening it from there. Would not work in the built in Files app. Seems that the op had to do something similar by opening it from google drive.

Maybe it is some quirk of Files app ... good to know for future. Others have got it working via Dropbox, so maybe those 3rd party file services are able to perform the action correctly where Files is failing.

• Me neither. I’m on 12.4.1.

• @Antkn33 said:

Have you already saved a user preset? It didn’t work for me till after I saved one.

• I hadn’t yet so I tried - but still no go. Even after restarting Noir.

I’m trying to install these: https://www.electronisounds.com/freedownloads

• Files app is pure trash. Apple needs to get it together. Anytime you have the option to open from Dropbox or GoogleDrive, export from there. Just my opinion

• @craftycurate said:

@skiphunt said:
    I just got noir on Friday. Where are there Extra noir presets to try?

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/35969/ruismaker-noir-electronisounds-audio-free-presets

Thanks! Is the first of his called Angry Analogue Machine?

If so, it worked fine for me. Saved to Dropbox then open in Ruismaker Noir. They showed up in user patches

• Yes

@espiegel123 said:

@Antkn33 said:

Have you already saved a user preset? It didn’t work for me till after I saved one.

• Thanks for all your input, people!

I’ve tried from the Files app and from Firefox (the downloads panel that appears after download - so the file location is still on the iPad and kinda comes into File app territory, I suppose).

I don’t/won’t use Dropbox. I’ll have to try Google Drive.

• Seems to be the case

@Häxanäx said:
    Files app is pure trash. Apple needs to get it together. Anytime you have the option to open from Dropbox or GoogleDrive, export from there. Just my opinion

• @Antkn33 @Häxanäx Agreed. It is trash. When I do the apparently exact same thing from the Google Drive app it works immediately.

@brambos You might want to know that: multiple attempts using Files app fail but first try with Google Drive works perfectly. For me, anyway. Using 12.4.1.

Thanks, everyone!

• Thanks for the headsup. If anyone else has the same question now at least I know what to advice! :)

• edited December 2019

@Häxanäx said:
    Files app is pure trash. Apple needs to get it together. Anytime you have the option to open from Dropbox or GoogleDrive, export from there. Just my opinion

I suspect the key is to make sure the Share link says "COPY to Ruismaker Noir" (as in Google Drive) rather than "OPEN in Ruismaker Noir." (as in Files app). From my near-zero knowledge of iOS I would hazard a guess that the "OPEN" operation in Files app is not actually transferring any files to the AU storage folder?

@skiphunt said:
    Thanks! Is the first of his called Angry Analogue Machine?

Yes that's correct.

@brambos said:
    Thanks for the headsup. If anyone else has the same question now at least I know what to advice! :)

So some good has come of it in the end!

"Without deviation, progress is not possible." (Frank Zappa)

• Thanks, this thread helped. Would not work from Files or from iCloud Drive accessed from Documents by Readdle (what I used before Files existed and keep around in case).

I copied to Dropbox, selected “Export”, share dialog said “Copy” not “Open In”, restarted Noir and WORKED!