Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mosaik - Ableton Live like Audio Warping with Audiobus support

Hey Folks,

my name is Simon and I am the CEO of NDVR. We have been mainly producing keyboard controllers with touch pads inside every single key. Last year we began working on an iOS App which allows Ableton Live like Audio Time Warping. It features all that nice audio-file handling that you find in Ableton's Live like "Warp Marker" as well as moving these markers on a very fine grid beat which allows quantization of audio material. You'll find effects like "Beat Repeating" and so on.

In the next few days we will be finishing an early working prototype. But to continue we will need more support. And so we are going to make this App a crowdfunded one. We'll be showing and announcing the prototype officially but to get an early feedback I wanted to post this here!

Let me know what you people think. Esp. the crowdfunded thing...

Thanks,

Simon (from NDVR)
www.endeavour.de

see: "endeavour evo" on google to find out more

Comments

• edited February 2014

Something like Animoog has? I was wondering why that doesn't exist already on hardware.

btw your website doesn't work.

• Hi Simon. The homepage of website appears to be borked. One of your (I think) social sharing javascripts is emptying the contents of the body tag! Looks like twitter makes it but then all that's left afterward is two (hidden) facebook iframes. Evo page (http://www.endeavour.de/evo/overview.html) works fine.

• To answer your actual question, I'm happy/proud to have been a part of some crowdfunded projects. Not really sure about crowdfunding apps though, particularly iOS apps where there are only so many promo codes allowed. Without seeing a prototype/roadmap it's pretty hard to say and although the Evo looks very nice, I'd want to feel confident you guys could make iOS software since, presumably, I'd be paying twice for it (kickstarter support + app store).

• Hurry up! Please! Make sure you have time independent pitch shift with DIRAC timestretch. Also 24 bit audio compatibility. thnx

• Hello syrupcore,

thanks for your reply. I will take a look at our website this morning and try to fix it.

Well concerning the crowdfunding: we are talking with Apple to allow more than 100 promo codes. Idea is to offer a special "crowdfunding"-Version of the App as well as passwords/codes to unlock the full version.

We also plan to offer a special version of the last few evo units for about 1/4 the price.

Concerning the prototype of the App: We'll show it in the next few days. I'll use this thread also to get some more info to set up the campaign proper...

@gjcyrus:

time independent pitch shift: no problem.

DIRAC time-stretch: will be some sort of stretch goal. There is a high quality third party library allowing DIRAC / phase-vocoded time-stretching. But we'll have to pay license fees. depends on how much money we can raise.

But like in Ableton Live the time stretch algorithms will be "Beats", "Tones" and "Texture". They are already working in our prototype and this work is all done by ourselves so that there are no additional license-fees.

Just hold on a few more days.

Thanks,

Simon

• @gjcyrus:

24Bit: The engine is currently running at 16bits. But 24bits will be no problem but might affect the performance.

But who cares? I mean when you get an iPad today that has the performance of early Intel MacBooks - or which is even higher than PowerPC MacBooks ...