Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using an Apple Magic Keyboard as MIDI controller (like in "Group the Loop" app)?

Hello everybody

I love the possibility to use my Apple Magic Keyboard as MIDI controller in "Group the Loop" (GTL).

This way, I can assign all (most) functions to my keyboard, that I can assign to MIDI.

For example, I can press "1" to switch to "Input 1", or I can press "q" to switch to the first loop of the current group. Or I can press "Space" to start recording. GTL even differentiates between "q" and "Q", and all sorts of special characters are also supported (even emojis, haha!).

I'd love to do this also outside of GTL. My question is:

• Can Audiobus (or maybe AUM) use an Apple Magic Keyboard as "kinda" MIDI controller?
  • If so, is it possible to connect the keyboard to Audiobus (or AUM) in the background (while having some other app running, e.g. GTL)?

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi @josh83 glad to see you here :wink:
    There was a topic about gesture enabled from midi/key that maybe could do the trick. Also midiflow or similar apps can transform key into midi commands and notes.

It’s that what you need?

• edited June 2020

Hey @TheDubbyLabby, quote some time passed, but I'm playing around with GTL again. :blush:

There was a topic about gesture enabled from midi/key that maybe could do the trick.

Where is that topic?

And do you know whether I can use my Apple Keyboard with Midiflow while Midiflow is in the background?

• It was about “recipes” in accessability (or whatever is called) gestures.

Maybe @Samu was involved? @RUST( i )K ?

• There's an old app called Sidecar Midi Controller that can help with this in a limited fashion.

• Sidecar is the only one I know that works with Bluetooth keyboards...
    http://secretbasedesign.com/apps/sidecar.html

• Do you still need to press space bar to send a note off message in sidecar? It doesn't manage to send a note off message when you lift your finger off the keyboard?