Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Future of Mobile & Desktop Apps Video: Ampify, Henny, Gaz, Auxy, Jordan R, AudioKit, MSXII, More

edited November 2019 in Off-topic

The video from the Future of Mobile & Desktop Panel is now online:
https://audiokitpro.com/mobile-vs-desktop-adc2019/

If you're wondering who that person is making us laugh during the presentation, that's Chris Randall from Audio Damage, heckling us in the front row. He had some great things to say. But, the mics weren't picking him up.



Comments

  • edited November 2019

    Interesting. I strong believe Apple doesn't care anymore about indie developers and probably is going to miss the opportunity to low the prices for the desktop apps through Catalyst. They are going to save the wales and increase the price for all...

  • Fantastic video thank you so much for sharing!

  • Awesome! Now i'm anxious to get home and watch this :lol:

  • Gee, I wager a lot of those numbers will inspire some folks.

  • edited November 2019

    @analog_matt Enjoyed watching this. Thanks
    @Chris_Randall no fucks given mentality was the highlight :D :D

  • Also the fact that someone is making 500K is amazing!!!! I’m happy to hear that. Hoping for the best and a shit load of money for developers that will use catalyst!!!!

  • edited November 2019

    @hansjbs said:
    Also the fact that someone is making 500K is amazing!!!! I’m happy to hear that. Hoping for the best and a shit load of money for developers that will use catalyst!!!!

    Thanks for bringing that up. That developer has quite a few other apps that make almost nothing. They have a team of 3 full time people that basically live off the revenue from that one app. It's kind of like hitting the lottery.

    Mainly, I was pointing out huge success stories... those are best cases. Hoping to lure some more desktop developers into iOS. :)

  • @analog_matt said:

    @hansjbs said:
    Also the fact that someone is making 500K is amazing!!!! I’m happy to hear that. Hoping for the best and a shit load of money for developers that will use catalyst!!!!

    Thanks for bringing that up. That developer has quite a few other apps that make almost nothing. They have a team of 3 full time people that basically live off the revenue from that one app. It's kind of like hitting the lottery.

    Mainly, I was pointing out huge success stories... those are best cases. Hoping to lure some more desktop developers into iOS. :)

    What's your recommended platform for designing apps for iOS via Windows/iOS? Between the AudioKit files, and JUCE, I'm torn. Even Unity has an app development platform.

  • edited December 2019

    I thought one of the most insightful comments was that children growing up today using an iPad, will one day become adults who's first choice in computing tools will resemble the device they used while growing up.

    My personal future prediction... Will be that mobile devices will reach a level of processing power where they can be duel purposed to physically replace the processing/memory functionality of the desktop computer... i.e. User gets home, sets down their mobile device, and they have the ability to link it wirelessly to a large monitor, a (typing) keyboard, storage, and a mouse. Then run the mobile device in a "desktop mode". Apps will have the ability to be programed to run "dual mode" (mobile or desktop). Of course the large desktop monitor would also be a touch screen too, and able to be removed or positioned from a support mechanism, to use with drawing apps, synths, or any other type of application that is more useful with a large touch surface.

  • @horsetrainer said:
    I thought one of the most insightful comments was that children growing up today using an iPad, will one day become adults who's first choice in computing tools will resemble the device they used while growing up.

    My personal future prediction... Will be that mobile devices will reach a level of processing power where they can be duel purposed to physically replace the processing/memory functionality of the desktop computer... i.e. User gets home, sets down their mobile device, and they have the ability to link it wirelessly to a large monitor, a (typing) keyboard, storage, and a mouse. Then run the mobile device in a "desktop mode". Apps will have the ability to be programed to run "dual mode" (mobile or desktop). Of course the large desktop monitor would also be a touch screen too, and able to be removed or positioned from a support mechanism, to use with drawing apps, synths, or any other type of application that is more useful with a large touch surface.

    Samsung Dex does this to some extent at the moment.

  • @cruz777 said:

    @horsetrainer said:
    I thought one of the most insightful comments was that children growing up today using an iPad, will one day become adults who's first choice in computing tools will resemble the device they used while growing up.

    My personal future prediction... Will be that mobile devices will reach a level of processing power where they can be duel purposed to physically replace the processing/memory functionality of the desktop computer... i.e. User gets home, sets down their mobile device, and they have the ability to link it wirelessly to a large monitor, a (typing) keyboard, storage, and a mouse. Then run the mobile device in a "desktop mode". Apps will have the ability to be programed to run "dual mode" (mobile or desktop). Of course the large desktop monitor would also be a touch screen too, and able to be removed or positioned from a support mechanism, to use with drawing apps, synths, or any other type of application that is more useful with a large touch surface.

    Samsung Dex does this to some extent at the moment.

    Cool... The future is beginning now.

  • @Samflash3 said:

    What's your recommended platform for designing apps for iOS via Windows/iOS? Between the AudioKit files, and JUCE, I'm torn. Even Unity has an app development platform.

    JUCE is the best platform, hands down. AudioKit only supports Apple Platforms.

  • @analog_matt said:

    @Samflash3 said:

    What's your recommended platform for designing apps for iOS via Windows/iOS? Between the AudioKit files, and JUCE, I'm torn. Even Unity has an app development platform.

    JUCE is the best platform, hands down. AudioKit only supports Apple Platforms.

    Thanks Matt. I'll begin with JUCE, and use Shortcuts for my iOS needs.

  • Or consider using no frameworks at all, for optimal performance and no dependencies on others (e.g. when Apple breaks things there’s less chance of being affected, and you won’t have to wait until the framework is fixed before you can update your apps)... :)

  • @brambos said:
    Or consider using no frameworks at all, for optimal performance and no dependencies on others (e.g. when Apple breaks things there’s less chance of being affected, and you won’t have to wait until the framework is fixed before you can update your apps)... :)

    THIS !!! GOLD !!!

  • @dendy said:

    @brambos said:
    Or consider using no frameworks at all, for optimal performance and no dependencies on others (e.g. when Apple breaks things there’s less chance of being affected, and you won’t have to wait until the framework is fixed before you can update your apps)... :)

    THIS !!! GOLD !!!

    Real world example of this.......Gadget is built with JUCE.....Korg had to wait for JUCE to get AUv3 support before they could even consider implementing it.
    And to re-enforce @analog_matt 's point...Gadget and the Korg synths are available on iOS/MAC/PC

    Frameworks do bring benefits, but there are drawbacks too.

  • edited December 2019

    @brambos said:
    Or consider using no frameworks at all, for optimal performance and no dependencies on others (e.g. when Apple breaks things there’s less chance of being affected, and you won’t have to wait until the framework is fixed before you can update your apps)... :)

    Or consider ELK (the video I’ve posted) for even most optimal performance outside the Apple platform (and its dependencies) if that’s the main concern instead multi-platform support.

    1ms of latency seems pretty performant for me... ah! Juce is one of the supported coding platforms (but there are more) for musicOS...

    https://elk.audio/dev-kit/
    https://elk.audio/audio-os/
    https://elk.audio/developer/

  • Wow! Just realized that Chris Randall was the man behind the band Sister Machine Gun. Saw them play with KMFDM and Chemlab back in the 90s. Big influence in my teens

Sign In or Register to comment.