Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recommend piezo or mic for Impaktor

What would you recommend? Also I’d be probably using it with my m-audio usb audio interface.

Comments

• What about a used e-drum pad with the piezo inside? I struggle to get anything else to trigger accurately/consistently.

• If you can get some of those roland d-pads on the cheap, they would work. I recall a guy who had a nice setup with one, but can't seem to find the videos

If you manage to find one, you could get a Korg CM-200

• @senhorlampada said:
    If you can get some of those roland d-pads on the cheap, they would work. I recall a guy who had a nice setup with one, but can't seem to find the videos

i don’t know about the korg one.. but if it’s just for triggering impaktor then there is a super cheap equivalent:
    https://ebay.co.uk/itm/Professional-Universal-Guitar-Acoustic-Clip-On-Pickup-Piezo-Contact-Microphon-UL-/264326550854

• I just use a bare 1and 1/2 “ piezo for this. Somewhere, I still have about 300-400 of those things around. At one time, I was the Johnny Appleseed of Piezos- “Here take a handful! You can put them on a piano...a toaster...anything, man!”
    I find they work best placed inside a not-too-thick book for a drumming surface.

The drumpads and clip-ons are also good solutions.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    I just use a bare 1and 1/2 “ piezo for this. Somewhere, I still have about 300-400 of those things around. At one time, I was the Johnny Appleseed of Piezos- “Here take a handful! You can put them on a piano...a toaster...anything, man!”
    I find they work best placed inside a not-too-thick book for a drumming surface.

agreed, you can buy a load of them for nothing on amazon.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01L8HBS0E/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=piezo+pickup&qid=1574867235&sr=8-4

• Thanks for the suggestions. Korg cm300 could do. They are cheap.
    What do I use to connect it to the iPad? (I have a cck and an usb audio interface)
    I mean jack to usb?

I’ve also have accuracy problems specially rolls and fast playing but I admit it is a long time ago I played wit ph it.

• If you're going the DIY way, get these piezos and cover them with EVA foam sheets. You're good to go :lol:

• @senhorlampada said:
    If you can get some of those roland d-pads on the cheap, they would work. I recall a guy who had a nice setup with one, but can't seem to find the videos

Could it be this one?

• @JeffChasteen said:
    I just use a bare 1and 1/2 “ piezo for this. Somewhere, I still have about 300-400 of those things around. At one time, I was the Johnny Appleseed of Piezos- “Here take a handful! You can put them on a piano...a toaster...anything, man!”

piezoelectric.....so how do you hook them up, and get it into the ipad. do they need to be powered, or amplified?

• @eross said:

@JeffChasteen said:

piezoelectric.....so how do you hook them up, and get it into the ipad. do they need to be powered, or amplified?

Attach a cable and 1/4 ‘’ plug and then into any kind of irig-like interface. If you are using it to trigger Impaktor, I have found that nothing else is necessary.

If you are using a piezo to pick up guitar, violin, piano, kazoo, or whatever...preamp and EQ the hell out of it.

• Buy a Craiglist rockband/gitarhero drums and cannibalise them. You can get these cheap nowadays...

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    Buy a Craiglist rockband/gitarhero drums and cannibalise them. You can get these cheap nowadays...

I don't know about Rockland kits but alesis ion pads are 1 if Roland pd 9 is 10.

• Nice! Thanks.

“ Irig-like” noted

• @supadom said:
    Could it be this one?

Not exactly this video, but yeah... it was Fleksi, alright!

Wait. Is that you? :lol:

Btw, it was this video:

• @senhorlampada said:

@supadom said:
    Could it be this one?

Not exactly this video, but yeah... it was Fleksi, alright!

Wait. Is that you? :lol:

Btw, it was this video:

Yeah, that’s me! Ego tripper uncovered!

• @supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    Buy a Craiglist rockband/gitarhero drums and cannibalise them. You can get these cheap nowadays...

I don't know about Rockland kits but alesis ion pads are 1 if Roland pd 9 is 10.

I build my owns with foam and so. Tried the rockbands by myself too and time to time dream about mogees or building my own trigger box. Too much things so little time (and motivation).

I will buy a Roland SPDs or Sx some day probably.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

I build my owns with foam and so. Tried the rockbands by myself too and time to time dream about mogees or building my own trigger box. Too much things so little time (and motivation).

All those Roland multi pad things are so expensive though. Alesis has some fairly affordable units but I’ve never tried them. I’ll probably get the new samplepad soon to use with Drambo.

• @supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

All those Roland multi pad things are so expensive though. Alesis has some fairly affordable units but I’ve never tried them. I’ll probably get the new samplepad soon to use with Drambo.

Wallapop 300€ for de S and 500€ for the Sx... these are going low finally. I love the looping capabilities on these...

• @supadom said:

Love your videos. :open_mouth:

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

Wallapop 300€ for de S and 500€ for the Sx... these are going low finally. I love the looping capabilities on these...

Another avenue might be getting some affordable multipad with midi and trigger Drambo when it finally comes out. It is bound to be more powerful and flexible than hardware. There will be sampling, Impaktor style resonator and subtractive synthesis to mix and match. Add to it sequencer and effects and you’ve got yourself an incredible playground for your head beating needs.

• @senhorlampada said:

@supadom said:

Love your videos. :open_mouth:

Cheers man. I actually completely forgot about that one. Quite nostalgic to have watched it again. Thanks. ;)

• What do you guys use to stick the contact mic to a surface?

• @supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

Another avenue might be getting some affordable multipad with midi and trigger Drambo when it finally comes out. It is bound to be more powerful and flexible than hardware. There will be sampling, Impaktor style resonator and subtractive synthesis to mix and match. Add to it sequencer and effects and you’ve got yourself an incredible playground for your head beating needs.

Not my cup of tea as you know... I prefer dedicated hardware as time goes. Zero interest on AUs and software step sequencers. Simplifying my needs makes me go in other directions in rhythmical terms. In fact more interested on iBassist and the drummers than programing my own... drumpads are for my gigs (the day they come again) and for playing instead letting bots done all my stuff :lol:
    Impaktor is so underrated... where’s the promised v 2.0?

• @CracklePot said:
    What do you guys use to stick the contact mic to a surface?

Duct tape, glue, etc...will suffice.
    Make sure that whatever you use doesn’t act as a baffling/muffling cushion between the piezo element and the surface of whatever you’re attaching it to.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

Not my cup of tea as you know... I prefer dedicated hardware as time goes. Zero interest on AUs and software step sequencers. Simplifying my needs makes me go in other directions in rhythmical terms. In fact more interested on iBassist and the drummers than programing my own... drumpads are for my gigs (the day they come again) and for playing instead letting bots done all my stuff :lol:

Sorry to be the bad news bearer but seems like impaktor 2 = Drambo.

• edited November 2019

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

:lol:
    Mogees should be my impaktor 2 then.
    :wink:

• Thanks so far for your answers.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@supadom said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

:lol:
    Mogees should be my impaktor 2 then.
    :wink:

I kind of understand what you're saying but if you want impaktor 2 and someone gives you what essentially is impaktor 2, with more of everything: AUV3 etc it just sounds silly.