Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can't record with Bassline

edited February 2013 in General App Discussion

Hi,

When I use BassLine as input to ThumbJam in Audiobus, I hear Bassline, in Thumbjam, I do record session, Bassline doesn't record.

DrumJam and SoundPrism are working fine.

Is there something, some config to enable in Bassline?

Regards,

François

Comments

• Actually, TJ won't record input from Audiobus into a Session Recording unless you turn on input monitoring in TJ. Look for it in the sidebar (or extra sidebar on iphone/ipod, toggled with the button with 3 tiny buttons on it)) -- look for the button with the microphone and the curved sound lines. I found that is the only way to get any external audio recorded into the Session, regardless of source app. Note that recording a loop from an Audiobus input does not require you to do that, it looks like I should change the behavior not to require it for session record either.

• edited February 2013

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the clarification!

looks like I should change the behavior not to require it for session record either.

Yep. Currently we're encouraging most developers to auto-arm tracks/session recording since users will often not understand why they have to do it manually.

@François: Did that answer your question?