Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sample based slicer / sampler app iPhone

Hello

I use a lot bm3 on my iPad but I’m looking a complete slicer / sampler app for my iPhone when I’m on train or during lunch break (can’t have my iAd all the time with me unfortunately)

I make hip-hop sample based production.

I already try BeatHawk, koala sampler, eg pulse, ReSlice, samplist, imaschine, bm2... and it’s pretty cool, but don’t find exactly a good app with :

• autoslice (split , grid, transient...)
  • 16 pads on 1 page
  • Timestrech real time
  • Auv3 plug-in intégration (or AUM compatibility) to add some fx such as Lo-Fly dirt
  • Choke groups
  • Pitchting slices as chromatic keyboards
  • Export by stems
  • AudioShare intégration

I know it’s pretty hard to find the perfect app (and really want to have bm3 sampler as auv3 dedicated app or Serato sample as iOS universal app ;) but I didn’t find for now the good solution to have fun and make beats on the go :)

The only app I didn’t try is iMpc Pro 2... sont know if it’s a good app or not. I also have gadget but didn’t test the slicer in app possibilities

What your point of view about it ? Did you have suggestion ?

Thanks so much to everybody

Comments

• Stay away from Retronyms apps... :disappointed:

• give impc pro 2 a try.... it's what you're looking for

• https://appsliced.co/app?n=impc-pro-2&l=list

Hmm... says here iMPC Pro was on sale last year December 10. Half price. Hmmm....

• edited November 2019

@Lawkyz said:
    Hello

I use a lot bm3 on my iPad but I’m looking a complete slicer / sampler app for my iPhone when I’m on train or during lunch break (can’t have my iAd all the time with me unfortunately)

I already try BeatHawk, koala sampler, eg pulse, ReSlice, samplist, imaschine, bm2... and it’s pretty cool, but don’t find exactly a good app with :

• 16 pads on 1 page
    • Timestrech real time
    • Auv3 plug-in intégration (or AUM compatibility) to add some fx such as Lo-Fly dirt
    • Choke groups
    • Export by stems
    • AudioShare intégration

I know it’s pretty hard to find the perfect app (and really want to have bm3 sampler as auv3 dedicated app or Serato sample as iOS universal app ;) but I didn’t find for now the good solution to have fun and make beats on the go :)

The only app I didn’t try is iMpc Pro 2... sont know if it’s a good app or not. I also have gadget but didn’t test the slicer in app possibilities

I am suspicious of ElliottGarage silence on EG Pulse recently...
    Does have most of what you are looking for.. but who knows what he has up his sleve...😎

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34497/eg-pulse-elliottgarage-new-au3-drum-machine-available-right-now-on-app-store/p19

• @RajahP said:

@Lawkyz said:
    Hello

• 16 pads on 1 page
    • Timestrech real time
    • Choke groups
    • Export by stems
    • AudioShare intégration

Does have most of what you are looking for.. but who knows what he has up his sleve...😎

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34497/eg-pulse-elliottgarage-new-au3-drum-machine-available-right-now-on-app-store/p19

Eg Pulse is pretty dope but it's only 8 pads visible on iphone :/ And I really need to have 16 pads to play sample with...

@kobamoto : thanks. Did you try impc pro 2 ? I tried on ipad version but it was full of bug. Is it good on iphone ?

Thanks guys :)

• edited November 2019

I use BM2. Doesn’t check all the boxes on your list, but it’s still the best slicing sampler on iPhone, imo.

I really wish Intua would make the BM3 sampler available as a universal AU. I’ll even pay full price for it. Again.

• @FlowRxPowRx said:
    I use BM2. Doesn’t check all the boxes on your list, but it’s still the best slicing sampler on iPhone, imo.

I really wish Intua would make the BM3 sampler available as a universal AU. I’ll even pay full price for it. Again.

I have it too but as you said, doesn’t check all the box :/

Hope bm3 sampler will be available one day ... fingers crossed

• @Lawkyz said:

@RajahP said:

@Lawkyz said:
    Hello

• 16 pads on 1 page
    • Timestrech real time
    • Choke groups
    • Export by stems
    • AudioShare intégration

Eg Pulse is pretty dope but it's only 8 pads visible on iphone :/ And I really need to have 16 pads to play sample with...

@kobamoto : thanks. Did you try impc pro 2 ? I tried on ipad version but it was full of bug. Is it good on iphone ?

Thanks guys :)

I haven’t tried the phone version yet, might pick it up for Black Friday, I have the pad version... but haven’t fired it up in a bit, the word on the street is that they’ve squashed allot of bugs but the other word on the street is that they still think of some bugs as features

• What about using hardware pads or an app like KB-1 to play reslice with pads?

• @kobamoto thanks for your feedback

@klownshed the idea was to use iPhone without any external hardware :) it’s just a alternative solution when I don’t have my iPad with me :)

• @Lawkyz said:
    @kobamoto thanks for your feedback

@klownshed the idea was to use iPhone without any external hardware :) it’s just a alternative solution when I don’t have my iPad with me :)

that's why I'm thinking about getting it for the iPhone, I have an hardware sampler by the same company and I'm going to use the iPhone version to make kits on the go if I get it... the bugs won't matter much in that case. the kits are compatible with the hardware mpcs

• @Lawkyz said:

the idea was to use iPhone without any external hardware :)

That's why I mentioned KB-1 (or similar); It gives you a load of pads you can play ReSlice with.

• @kobamoto said:

@Lawkyz said:
    @kobamoto thanks for your feedback

that's why I'm thinking about getting it for the iPhone, I have an hardware sampler by the same company and I'm going to use the iPhone version to make kits on the go if I get it... the bugs won't matter much in that case. the kits are compatible with the hardware mpcs

Yes.. Still no black friday promotion though... hope they will make it this Friday

Too bad the impc pro 2 is not universal App

• @klownshed said:

@Lawkyz said:

That's why I mentioned KB-1 (or similar); It gives you a load of pads you can play ReSlice with.

Oh thanks. i didn't know KB-1 was an app... It may be a good option... You think of use Reslice + KB-1 with AUM ? Or any other app to records ideas and stuff?

Thanks

• edited November 2019

@Lawkyz said:

@klownshed said:

@Lawkyz said:

Oh thanks. i didn't know KB-1 was an app... It may be a good option... You think of use Reslice + KB-1 with AUM ? Or any other app to records ideas and stuff?

Thanks

Yeah, I'd use it in AUM.

I'm not a pads guy though, it's always been keyboards for me. My first sampler was an Ensoniq EPS16+ with full sized keyboard and I've always played drums and slices on a keyboard ever since.

The beauty of AUM is that you can basically build your own groovebox.

I'd put ReSlice in one channel to chop up your loops and you can then add a looper or additional auv3 fx to take it wherever you want. Record the stems from AUM and you can then add them to launchpad or blocs wave for a different style of jamming.

I don't think there's any one app that does what you want, but with AUM at the heart of it you can basically put something together that will work fine on the phone with auv3 apps.

Use the sync quantum in AUM to get perfect loops of any bar length you want. So for perfect 8 bar loops set the sync quantum to 8 bars then when you hit record it will start recording at bar 1, 9, 17 etc and when you hit stop it will continue until the current 8 bars you are in is complete so you will have a loop which is a perfect multiple of 8 bars.

This makes it dead easy to take your stems into any other audio app/DAW for further arranging, etc.

• Do BM2's pads send MIDI out? If so, maybe stick with BM2 and point the pads at ReSlice hosted in Audiobus?

• @klownshed said:

@Lawkyz said:

@klownshed said:

@Lawkyz said:

Thanks

Yeah, I'd use it in AUM.

I'm not a pads guy though, it's always been keyboards for me. My first sampler was an Ensoniq EPS16+ with full sized keyboard and I've always played drums and slices on a keyboard ever since.

The beauty of AUM is that you can basically build your own groovebox.

I'd put ReSlice in one channel to chop up your loops and you can then add a looper or additional auv3 fx to take it wherever you want. Record the stems from AUM and you can then add them to launchpad or blocs wave for a different style of jamming.

I don't think there's any one app that does what you want, but with AUM at the heart of it you can basically put something together that will work fine on the phone with auv3 apps.

Use the sync quantum in AUM to get perfect loops of any bar length you want. So for perfect 8 bar loops set the sync quantum to 8 bars then when you hit record it will start recording at bar 1, 9, 17 etc and when you hit stop it will continue until the current 8 bars you are in is complete so you will have a loop which is a perfect multiple of 8 bars.

This makes it dead easy to take your stems into any other audio app/DAW for further arranging, etc.

Thanks SO MUCH ! It's full of good ideas :)

I will try the way you do it

Peace

• @syrupcore said:
    Do BM2's pads send MIDI out? If so, maybe stick with BM2 and point the pads at ReSlice hosted in Audiobus?

Didn't think this way, but it could be a real option though :)

will try the best option, with of course realtimestrech :)

Thanks guys