Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yamaha MD-BT01 and iOS 13

Does anyone know if Yamaha MD-BT01 works with iOS 13? can it be connected to a new device unlike Korg's nanoKEY Studio?

Comments

• Works fine here via BLE Midi app. It’s powered by the DIN midi port so you need to make sure that your device has 5v power to the ports. Sadly my faderfoxes don’t work as they only serve 3.3v to the outputs.

• Works fine here too! Can't speak about modern devices though but works OK with my old M-Audio Keystation 49e as long as I plug the keyboard into USB powered hub.

• Same, all good.

• Thanks, that's great! I just got myself a Korg monologue and though of getting a Yamaha MD-BT01 because I'd like to avoid cables as much as possible.

• @zeropoint said:
    Works fine here via BLE Midi app. It’s powered by the DIN midi port so you need to make sure that your device has 5v power to the ports. Sadly my faderfoxes don’t work as they only serve 3.3v to the outputs.

Thank you for making a note of this issue.

I wonder if he adjusted the output on the new models with the screen. That display solves the issue I’ve always had with MIDI controllers - lack of visual feedback.

• Yeah, it's annoying that certain devices don't provide basic midi power. iConnectivity devices are crippled like that. Whereas my 80s rack synths are fine. Good to know re: Faderfox. I've considered them before but that's a bummer because I would have totally used with MD-BT01.

• I didn’t ask specifically about the EC4 but I’m pretty sure he would have taken the opportunity to sell me on it if he had changed his power policy to the ports. I think his reply was sadly pretty conclusive.

“ hi tim,
    unfortunately it's not possible to use my midi ports to power any external devices
    because I use only 3.3 volt instead the standard 5 volt.
    cheers
    mathias “

• edited November 2019

Thanks, @zeropoint

That’s too bad! But, I bet the new one is still badass anyway. :smiley:

• I route it via a Monologue and haven't had any issues with anything.

• @SpartanClownTide said:
    I route it via a Monologue and haven't had any issues with anything.

Awesome! That saves me a trip to the store :)

• @branis said:

@SpartanClownTide said:
    I route it via a Monologue and haven't had any issues with anything.

Awesome! That saves me a trip to the store :)

The limitation I can think of is probably Bluetooth midi in general, too much data at once and things can get a bit random, otherwise latency can be a challenge depending on how it's used. I route the output of the MD-BT01 into a Kenton 5 way midi thru box. Take a cable out of that and back into the Monologue, I've got 3 Volcas connected up to that so it's a fair bit of work it's doing.