Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Goin’ Baroque / BeatHawk Time Machine

BeatHawk harpsichords are terrific (Baroque inapp on sale, I think). Three string patches and a choir from BH and a soprano voice from iSymphonic. This is really Old School... except for the Jeopardy theme. Improvised, as always...

Comments

• That was great!

• Sweet! (or should I say Suite?) :#

Some nice sounds there from UVI.

• Pretty good composition. I can't say I loved the orchestration. All 8th note marcato ("with emphasis") for 4 minutes is a bit trying. Mixed with some legato contrast or rhythmic variety it would make the experience hold more surprises to benefit the great harmonic and melodic ideas here. It's a re-mix with new sections slipped in or tracks added with the contrasts and these instruments dropped way back or muted in those sections.

I understand your methods and this is a big ask give that you don't work from a mental map of chords, etc.
    But I figured I got a strong response to the last review and maybe this could become truly wonderful for my tastes, too. But no hurry or expectations.

• Loved every second. Thanks for sharing.

• @LinearLineman When you post a new creation, it's always something special and I never really know what kind of surprise is waiting for me.
    Another nice surprise here! :+1:

• Thank you both for listening, @horsetrainer and @Lady_App_titude. Very kind of you to let me know you liked it.

@McD, naturally, after your observations, I only heard mercato strings. I actually remixed it, but Cubasis was being funky with it. Gave up after four hours. I would love if you would redo it to your tastes. I can send you the midi info. 🙃

Thank you @lukesleepwalker and @rs2000. No one can get enough praise. Very much appreciated!

• Good ideas, good sounds. I could never write like that, I don’t have the chops, but my love of repetition (getting into a zone of small ideas that repeat ad nauseum) keeps me grooving to the same groove. I guess, do what pleases!

Thanks for constantly inspiring.

• edited November 2019

oops

• @LinearLineman said:
    BeatHawk harpsichords are terrific (Baroque inapp on sale, I think). Three string patches and a choir from BH and a soprano voice from iSymphonic. This is really Old School... except for the Jeopardy theme. Improvised, as always...

Lovely. I like it a lot.

• Thank you @kinkujin... look forward to something new on Friday. And thanks to you, too, @Philandering_Bastard. Very appreciated.

• Hey LinearLineman - this great! Makes a change from the usual loop-based stuff I hear done on iOS. Lush sounds also - I'd be keen to hear where you could take them outside the classical / diatonic box.

• Thanks @billt. Much appreciated. Here is a link to all my albums on BandCamp. Each album has the genre, more or less, underneath the title. Jazz, classical, Electric Piano, Piano, Contemporary, Synth, Collaborations with AB members and even an album of Fugue Machine tracks. All improvised, all produced entirely on the iOS platform. You might be sorry now you asked! But thanks again.

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/

• Loved it, Mike!
    Always glad to see what comes from you... :smile:

• Hey, thanks @senhorlampada. so glad you listen to my stuff!