Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Neo-Soul Keys® Studio 2 Launch Thread

Comments

• @GospelMusicians first of all congratulations on another superb app. If I may be so bold as to make some observations:

Initial impressions after 20mins just playing is that I prefer the layout of V1. I like having the mechanical sounds, chorus/reverb and amp section all one the one screen at the same time. Plus some of the mechanical sounds from V1 appear to be gone in V2.
    I definitely like having a wider variety of mechanical sound types and it pretty easy to demo them - being able to solo/mute any of the 6 mechanical sounds is excellent.
    It’s a bit of a mystery why we have to choose between the in-app keyboard and fx - there looks to be plenty of space to just move ever up over the logo section at the top when the keyboard is engaged. It’s fine if you are using a hardware MIDI keyboard (which is probably how most people will use it) but seems unnecessary to keep a large logo section instead of better functionality.
    Having said all that, the new sounds, and the presets (which are much better thought out) are absolutely superb, as is being able to save presets for fx. Would love some more dry clav sounds - ideally every different pickup combination - with the ability somehow to adjust the amount of damping, but perhaps this is better left for the clavinet app I am hoping that you are secretly working on...

• Are we going to be forced to use an external drive to get all the sounds?

• edited November 2019

A bit OT but an example of exactly what Apple do - on the US Apple it is indeed 12.99 USD (which after current exchange is actually 14.70 AUD) the Apple Store out here (Oz) is charging 19.99!!!

I don't mind paying the 19.99 (been hanging for v2 for a while) but I thought it interesting how Apple sometimes gouge customers >:)

• And finally Puresynth Platinum and IFX Rack, are they getting upgrades at all?

• @pax-eterna said:
    A bit OT but an example of exactly what Apple do - on the US Apple it is indeed 12.99 USD (which after current exchange is actually 14.70 AUD) the Apple Store out here (Oz) is charging 19.99!!!

I don't mind paying the 19.99 (been hanging for v2 for a while) but I thought it interesting how Apple sometimes gouge customers >:)

That sounds egregious. Perhaps in your region the tax is included on the front end price? In US we don’t see the tax unless we view the invoice or credit card statement.

• @philowerx said:

@fattigman said:
    @GospelMusicians why is version 1 no longer in app store?

They answered this in another thread, also you can still download version 1 if you bought it. Go to your purchased section in the App Store.
    Here’s their response.

“When we launch a new version of the product, we usually remove the older version, because there are too many complaints that a user purchased the Version 1 and meant to buy the Version 2 and always request a refund for the second version. It cuts down on confusion. You can always re-download the older version.”

ok thanks, that's good enough for me

• edited November 2019

@GospelMusicians Just bought NSK2 now but how do I download the library? It seems that the download tab is empty.

Edit: Found it!

• edited November 2019

@gregsmith said:
    @GospelMusicians I know everyone is bored of this question, but are you planning iPhone versions? I have bassalicious2 and pure synth but hardly use them as I start most of my ideas on my phone.

Not everyone. I’ve had exactly the same question since Basso/1 and it’s never been answered beyond an expressed “intention” to make all products universal. The lack of a straight yea/nay answer is a little annoying, particularly on this specific thread as it has been asked yet again.

• @Empolo said:

@gregsmith said:
    @GospelMusicians I know everyone is bored of this question, but are you planning iPhone versions? I have bassalicious2 and pure synth but hardly use them as I start most of my ideas on my phone.

Not everyone. I’ve had exactly the same question since Basso/1 and it’s never been answered beyond an expressed “intention” to make all products universal. The lack of a straight yea/nay answer is a little annoying, particularly on this specific thread as it has been asked yet again.

If it was a yes I would probably buy this. Otherwise I won’t. Simple as that.

• edited November 2019

iPhone Versions are planned for every iPad version we have....Just takes a lot of time, especially with that silly notch Apple has. We've said this on numerous threads. Now if you are looking for an exact date and time, we never give those out, because they inevitably fall short. Yes we have plans for iPhone versions...not sure how much more info you are looking for as far as an emphatic YES. If you are looking for a WHEN, then we can't and will never answer those questions, because we cannot predict the future with certainty.

That's all we can offer....sorry if you are looking for more than that.

• @TimRussell said:
    @GospelMusicians first of all congratulations on another superb app. If I may be so bold as to make some observations:

Initial impressions after 20mins just playing is that I prefer the layout of V1. I like having the mechanical sounds, chorus/reverb and amp section all one the one screen at the same time. Plus some of the mechanical sounds from V1 appear to be gone in V2.
    I definitely like having a wider variety of mechanical sound types and it pretty easy to demo them - being able to solo/mute any of the 6 mechanical sounds is excellent.
    It’s a bit of a mystery why we have to choose between the in-app keyboard and fx - there looks to be plenty of space to just move ever up over the logo section at the top when the keyboard is engaged. It’s fine if you are using a hardware MIDI keyboard (which is probably how most people will use it) but seems unnecessary to keep a large logo section instead of better functionality.
    Having said all that, the new sounds, and the presets (which are much better thought out) are absolutely superb, as is being able to save presets for fx. Would love some more dry clav sounds - ideally every different pickup combination - with the ability somehow to adjust the amount of damping, but perhaps this is better left for the clavinet app I am hoping that you are secretly working on...

Thanks for the feedback....A couple of notes:

1. We felt the layout of Version 1 was oh so cluttered with so much stuff on it. Then we added 17 new effects, so then that would just make things very confusing, so we opted for an easier view and the ability to MIDI learn and choose your own effects in the quick effect section
    2. I understand the overlap of the virtual keyboard. We may be able to make that moveable pretty easily, so that when you toggle it has the ability to move up and down as you wish.
    3. All of the mechanical FX are there. Some of them are just renamed. In fact we added quite a few more mechanical effects, especially a ton of more tines
    4. We do have plans for the following EP additions coming later in 2020: Dyno-My-EP, Mark III EK, Full Clavinet with damping options.
  • edited November 2019

@GospelMusicians said:
    iPhone Versions are planned for every iPad version we have....Just takes a lot of time, especially with that silly notch Apple has. We've said this on numerous threads. Now if you are looking for an exact date and time, we never give those out, because they inevitably fall short. Yes we have plans for iPhone versions...not sure how much more info you are looking for as far as an emphatic YES. If you are looking for a WHEN, then we can't and will never answer those questions, because we cannot predict the future with certainty.

That's all we can offer....sorry if you are looking for more than that.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll look forward to playing bassalicious 2 and pure synth on my iPhone when it happens (mine has that pesky notch!)

For now I’ll pass on neo soul

• @gregsmith Thanks for understanding man....We do hope sooner than later though :smile:

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@pax-eterna said:
    Are we going to be forced to use an external drive to get all the sounds?

Why would you think that? It’s a feature, not a requirement.

But if you don’t have enough space available internally, it’ll give you a way to still have the sounds.

• @wim said:

@pax-eterna said:

But if you don’t have enough space available internally, it’ll give you a way to still have the sounds.

You use both ways....

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@GospelMusicians said:

@wim said:

@pax-eterna said:

You use both ways....

Sorry, now I’m confused. Could you elaborate just a little?

Or maybe I should just watch the video before asking questions. :D

• @wim You can load the samples to your device or load the samples to an external drive. You don't have to use an external drive.

• Thanks. I figured that was the answer, but wanted to be sure it was clear for the person who originally asked.

• You mentioned a crossgrade option for people who own NSK ST 01 in the comments of the YouTube-Demo-Video ... but I can’t find this option anywhere - so how shall a Studio 01 owner act? Will this crossgrade option still come? Is it better to wait?

• edited November 2019

@GospelMusicians Is it possible to have/use the sounds on both the iPad and a external SSD?

• Lovely. Downloading 😁
    Is it fine to delete NSK studio 1 to free up some space? My q is all the sounds from NSK1 is in NSK2!?

• @GospelMusicians - will this work with sd card put in my hub connected to ipad pro with usb-c?

• @WillieNegus said:

@pax-eterna said:

That sounds egregious. Perhaps in your region the tax is included on the front end price? In US we don’t see the tax unless we view the invoice or credit card statement.

tax is 1.40

• @GospelMusicians And my questions re Pure Synth Platinum and IFX Rack upgrades? Just wanted to ask if you have those planned as well?

I bought the v2 btw, haha as soon as I saw the OP! As you may recall (although probs not, you'd get thousands of emails) from a previous email discourse I was totally hanging for this new version! A bit like Camelot, as soon as he includes media playback (I hear at NAMM), it'll be full on live iPad!

• @GospelMusicians it would also be cool if there was a manual. It’s not obvious what some of the functions are (especially in the ‘control’ section). I know you go into it in the YouTube video but it’s not always convenient to go scrolling through an 18min video to find out what 1 particular control does!

• @TimRussell said:
    @GospelMusicians it would also be cool if there was a manual. It’s not obvious what some of the functions are (especially in the ‘control’ section). I know you go into it in the YouTube video but it’s not always convenient to go scrolling through an 18min video to find out what 1 particular control does!

Wrench > Settings > User Manual

• edited November 2019

@MAtrixplan said:
    @GospelMusicians - will this work with sd card put in my hub connected to ipad pro with usb-c?

Definitely not....you need an external SSD drive for fast streaming. No thumb, flash, or SD cards will work.

• @Bon_Tempi said:

You mentioned a crossgrade option for people who own NSK ST 01 in the comments of the YouTube-Demo-Video ... but I can’t find this option anywhere - so how shall a Studio 01 owner act? Will this crossgrade option still come? Is it better to wait?

Apple doesn’t allow for crossgrades or anything close to it. The answer on youtube was assuming you were referring to the desktop version.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@TimRussell said:
    @GospelMusicians it would also be cool if there was a manual. It’s not obvious what some of the functions are (especially in the ‘control’ section). I know you go into it in the YouTube video but it’s not always convenient to go scrolling through an 18min video to find out what 1 particular control does!

Wrench > Settings > User Manual

• @GospelMusicians said:

@Bon_Tempi said:

You mentioned a crossgrade option for people who own NSK ST 01 in the comments of the YouTube-Demo-Video ... but I can’t find this option anywhere - so how shall a Studio 01 owner act? Will this crossgrade option still come? Is it better to wait?

Apple doesn’t allow for crossgrades or anything close to it. The answer on youtube was assuming you were referring to the desktop version.

Apple allows bundles, @GospelMusicians, so that could work for people who already have version 1. I bought NSK ST 01 and couldn't really use it in my workflow without the volume knob. Over a year ago I received an email from support telling me that the volume knob would be included in the next update. Here we are now without that update to Version 1 and now having to buy the new version just to get that functionality.