Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Neo-Soul Keys® Studio 2 Launch Thread

Comments

• @GospelMusicians said:

Apple doesn’t allow for crossgrades or anything close to it. The answer on youtube was assuming you were referring to the desktop version.

I see - but there are examples out there showing solutions for this limitation ... for example: Fabfilterˋs upgrade bundle from Q2 to Q3 or Klevgrändˋs upgrade bundle for Haaze to Haaze 2

Just sayin - since it was the same situation with Bassalicious some months ago ...

• Ahhhhh yah... been craving a new vibe lately. With jazz drummer coming out this is perfect. Love it!

• Does anyone have a sense of how NSK1 and NSK2 compare in terms of CPU use and memory use? Of particular interest to me is behavior on an iPad gen 6 or other iPads with less than 3 GB of RAM.

• Just wanted to let everyone know that we will have limited view of this forum this week as we are beginning to launch our sales. It's' late here and want to spend a bit of time with the family.

As a bonus, we are offering an alternate method of downloads via a link: https://gospelmusicians.com/nsk-studio2-ios-downloads.html

Due to access restrictions, one file has to be downloaded at a time to external SSD, so it's much slower than downloading on the iPad. So you can use the link to download and extract the samples offline and transfer to the SSD manually. Works just like the desktop version would.

• Hi! Got #2... so far it’s pretty great. One super big question: where’s the tremolo?

• @mulletsaison said:
    Hi! Got #2... so far it’s pretty great. One super big question: where’s the tremolo?

Use the Auto-Pan effect and change the mode to AMP. With this effect you can modulate the Pan or the AMP

• edited November 2019

@espiegel123 said:
    Does anyone have a sense of how NSK1 and NSK2 compare in terms of CPU use and memory use? Of particular interest to me is behavior on an iPad gen 6 or other iPads with less than 3 GB of RAM.

Hi @espiegel123
    It’s a little bit tricky to compare both apps since NSK1 has an amp sim and NSK2 doesn’t, and NSK2 can load multiple samples in parallel while NSK1 can’t, but I did a quick test using a similar stage piano sound without any effects and the result is:

AUM / Buffer 128 / 44.1 KHz / iPad Pro 9.7” 1st gen
    Both apps loaded as AU

NSK1: 20-35% CPU load
    NSK2: 10-20% CPU load

If you add effects the results will vary depending on the type of effects.

I’m a heavy NSK1 user, but now I’m switching to NSK2 without any doubt, it’s not only a more CPU efficient and stable app but the presets sound much better to my ears and the interface is very straightforward.

Hope this helps.

• edited November 2019

@Rodolfo NSK2 Studio does have the Amp Sim. It’s under the Amp category in the effects.

And yes, we overhauled the entire synth engine and reduced ram and cpu drastically.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    @Rodolfo NSK2 Studio does have the Amp Sim. It’s under the Amp category in the effects.

And yes, we overhauled the entire synth engine and reduced ram and cpu drastically.

Sorry, you are absolutely right, I was expecting to find it as a separate unit as in NSK1, but it’s part of the effects rack!
    And yes, NSK2 is much more efficient than NSK1. I’m loving it!
    Thank you for such a great app! 🙏🏻

• @Rodolfo said:

@GospelMusicians said:

Sorry, you are absolutely right, I was expecting to find it as a separate unit as in NSK1, but it’s part of the effects rack!
    And yes, NSK2 is much more efficient than NSK1. I’m loving it!
    Thank you for such a great app! 🙏🏻

Thanks for the rundown!

• @GospelMusicians said:

@mulletsaison said:
    Hi! Got #2... so far it’s pretty great. One super big question: where’s the tremolo?

Use the Auto-Pan effect and change the mode to AMP. With this effect you can modulate the Pan or the AMP

Thanks! And thanks for the awesome apps!!!!!

• Trying to get a little Sunday night vibe going with NSK Studio 2. Need to catch a bassline for this sketch.

• I want to get this but am a little stretched for space, is the 8 gigs mandatory or can I pick and choose what to have loaded on it?

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    I want to get this but am a little stretched for space, is the 8 gigs mandatory or can I pick and choose what to have loaded on it?

You can choose a la carte.

• @Liquidmantis said:

@JackDwyerburger said:
    I want to get this but am a little stretched for space, is the 8 gigs mandatory or can I pick and choose what to have loaded on it?

You can choose a la carte.

Sold!

• @GospelMusicians

Does the original Neo Soul Keys still work on mobile phones?

• @Gravitas said:
    @GospelMusicians

Does the original Neo Soul Keys still work on mobile phones?

Yep...

• Can anyone tell me if this app supports now supports program change ?

• @GospelMusicians

Cool.

Then I can recommend it to some of my students
    who need a compact app for performing.

• I’m loving these sounds. I have ibassist and funk drummer going and I’m just jamming out with myself. Great work, @GospelMusicians

• @JackDwyerburger said:

Yeah as Liquid Mantis wrote you can just cherry pick...You can also load them to an external drive and choose that way.

• @pax-eterna said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

Yeah as Liquid Mantis wrote you can just cherry pick...You can also load them to an external drive and choose that way.

Yeah I ended up getting it based off what they said. I have an extra iPad that I’ll just dedicate to GM apps but would really like to get an external eventually, that’s cool they’re doing that so they can still use such high quality samples. They never disappoint

• I am a big fan from a long time of the Jamal piano play technique on Youtube and just have purchased NSKS2. I love EP sounds. The app works nicely with Garageband as AU, it doesn't crash so far like some other app I am using on my iPad Pro 9,7" with iOS 12 (e.g. Audio Kit Digital D1, Moog Model 15 etc). Any of you have crash AU instrument in Garageband as well?

I was hoping that maybe Audiobus or AUM will see the AU3 effect from NSKS2 to use it with another apps, but unfortunately not - you have to buy iFX Rack separately. Can somebody share screenshot of IAPs price list from iFX Rack? Thanks in advance.

This black friday will kill my wallet because of purchases of music apps on sale ;)
    Best Regards to Gospel Musicians and all of you.

• edited November 2019

@dakti said:
    I was hoping that maybe Audiobus or AUM will see the AU3 effect from NSKS2 to use it with another apps, but unfortunately not - you have to buy iFX Rack separately. Can somebody share screenshot of IAPs price list from iFX Rack? Thanks in advance..

I’m not sure what happened to the IAP sales.. the other day it was $6.99 CA to buy ALL the extra fx (50% off).. checked again just now and it’s back up to 13.99 CA.. ??

edit: Just to be clear.. I was talking about the IAP price in iFX Rack

• @GospelMusicians on the website is written: "Available IAP for the rest of the 17 effects (non VKFX)" but in the store's product's page there is no mentions about the iap. What is the cost if this? Is this the only one iap?

• edited December 2019

@Royor: Thank you for sharing the information.

In the appstore under the description of the app very often is lack of information about IAP and it's prices. For the users is great to find there list of all IAP and IAP bundle prices as well to do not have to buy the app first to be able to check how much IAPs cost :) Otherwise there is no way to check it, unless the app is free itself.

• @GospelMusicians (repeating post in this thread) i wanted to buy iFX Rack but it has gone back to 10eur on Nov25 while all of your other apps are still discounted. Is this a mistake or is iFX rack no longer on BF discount? (The appstore description still says 50% off)
    Thanks

• I’m obviously missing something, because I’m not able to find an onscreen keyboard for the standalone version of NSK2. Maybe the install didn’t work correctly?

I can play it in AUM but as AU but just tried opening the app and can only access controls. I thought the @GospelMusicians apps had a little keyboard icon next to the preset browser, but maybe the original NSK didn’t. I’ve since deleted it so I have no idea but swear I used to play it as standalone.

• edited December 2019

The FX button (top right) switches between the FX modules and the keyboard

• @TimRussell said:
    The FX button (top right) switches between the FX modules and the keyboard

Thanks! Took a hard restart to get it to work.

I thought it was curious that the button didn’t do anything before except hide the FX panel.

I appreciate the help.