Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Black Friday Deals 2019 (ipads)

These 2nd generation ipad Pro 10.5 256GB. are tempting at this price £448.59 on Amazon.

Any problems with these models?

Apple iPad Pro (10.5 Inch, Wi-Fi, 256 GB) - Rose Gold (Previous Model) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071K6S8R1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MEy2DbGYXG6CH

Comments

• @Jumpercollins said:
    These 2nd generation ipad Pro 10.5 256GB. are tempting at this price £448.59 on Amazon.

Apple iPad Pro (10.5 Inch, Wi-Fi, 256 GB) - Rose Gold (Previous Model) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071K6S8R1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MEy2DbGYXG6CH

How do these compare with a new Air 3? They’re a similar price, though less storage.

• Currys doing 512gig for £499
    Seriously tempted, as it has headphone socket
    Might jump on it tomorrow, are there any negatives to getting this 2nd gen pro ??

• I have a 2017 10.5 256, and just got a 2017 12.9 512. Very happy with both.

@Nicebutfun said:
    Currys doing 512gig for £499
    Seriously tempted, as it has headphone socket
    Might jump on it tomorrow, are there any negatives to getting this 2nd gen pro ??

• Thanks @Crawlingwind
    Any knowledge as not to buy this iPad is helpful, as Xmas is round the corner, I should be thinking of my kids, but I think this is a good deal not to be missed, upgrading from mini 2

• edited November 2019

@Jumpercollins said:

A lot of these 10.5 show a bright spot at same position after a certain amount of time. This is a quite known issue and there was a lot of complains about no response form Apple. Threads about the issue you'll find on reddit and macrumors forums.

links to the spot issues
    https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=ipad+10.5+spots

Youtube movie that shows spot issue

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have a white spot on my Pro 10.5". It's small and barely visible, can only be seen on a white screen when scrolling.
    I don't see it as a problem, but if it becomes bigger in the next several months I may return the ipad before the warranty period expires

• One thing to possibly be aware of if buying from Amazon is that you may not be able to get Apple support. I bought my Air 2 from amazon.co.uk (not the marketplace), it developed some issue, but when putting the serial into the Apple site I found out that it ‘is not supported in this market’ or something to that effect, so seems they had sold me a grey import.

• My 10.5 is the most disappointing iOS device I have purchased, the initial sound degradation problem, white spot and an intermittent problem with the internal speakers. I will never buy their latest model again.

• @StudioES said:
    Several Air 3 owners have the 'whitespot' issue too:
    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ipad-air-3-white-spot-problem.2191937/

Oh, that’s useful, thanks.

@knewspeak said:
    My 10.5 is the most disappointing iOS device I have purchased, the initial sound degradation problem, white spot and an intermittent problem with the internal speakers. I will never buy their latest model again.

Was that an Air 3?

• Thanks for the info
    Checked the web, and there was a lot of complaints about the screen, the further I looked into it, the more it worries me, really thought I was going to jump on this

• @MonzoPro said:

@StudioES said:

@knewspeak said:
    My 10.5 is the most disappointing iOS device I have purchased, the initial sound degradation problem, white spot and an intermittent problem with the internal speakers. I will never buy their latest model again.

Was that an Air 3?

It was the first Pro 10.5, the second generation of the Pro’s.

• @MonzoPro said:

@StudioES said:

@knewspeak said:

Was that an Air 3?

nothing but joy with my ( second gen pro ) 10.5” 512GB ipad and i’ve had it since it came out.. £499 seems a bargain compared to more than double i payed for it new, i sold an ipad to my brother to help fund it and as he works for the university I got him to purchase the new one with educational discount ..
    funds allowing I would buy another rather than take on the perils of these 3rd gen ones.. though a 12.9 512gb 2nd gen would prob be my choice and jump into ios13/iPadIOS for all this files app fun with SD cards i’m having on the iphone 6s..

• @knewspeak said:

@MonzoPro said:

@StudioES said:

@knewspeak said:

Was that an Air 3?

Ah ok, thanks.

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@StudioES said:

@knewspeak said:

Was that an Air 3?

nothing but joy with my ( second gen pro ) 10.5” 512GB ipad and i’ve had it since it came out.. £499 seems a bargain compared to more than double i payed for it new, i sold an ipad to my brother to help fund it and as he works for the university I got him to purchase the new one with educational discount ..
    funds allowing I would buy another rather than take on the perils of these 3rd gen ones.. though a 12.9 512gb 2nd gen would prob be my choice and jump into ios13/iPadIOS for all this files app fun with SD cards i’m having on the iphone 6s..

Hmmm. Shame I missed the 64gb deal, as I would have had that. Being weird, I actually prefer not having too much disk space as it forces me to keep things tidy, and backed up. Otherwise I’ll just fill it up with old cogs and giggles, and can’t find anything when I need it.

I’m hoping they’ll do an Air 3 deal, but I’m going off that one a bit now.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2019

@MonzoPro said:

@knewspeak said:

@MonzoPro said:

@StudioES said:

@knewspeak said:

Was that an Air 3?

Ah ok, thanks.

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@StudioES said:

@knewspeak said:

Was that an Air 3?

Hmmm. Shame I missed the 64gb deal, as I would have had that. Being weird, I actually prefer not having too much disk space as it forces me to keep things tidy, and backed up. Otherwise I’ll just fill it up with old cogs and giggles, and can’t find anything when I need it.

you’re probably correct to do so... i’m just getting to the last 10gb of my 512gb after 2 years or more of faff ‘n’ grimace.. if someone nicked this now it would be a “bit of a set back” :)

• @RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@knewspeak said:

@MonzoPro said:

@StudioES said:

@knewspeak said:

Was that an Air 3?

Ah ok, thanks.

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@StudioES said:

@knewspeak said:

Was that an Air 3?

you’re probably correct to do so... i’m just getting to the last 10gb of my 512gb after 2 years or more of faff ‘n’ grimace.. if someone nicked this now it would be a “bit of a set back” :)

Does your old pro have the sample rate issue? That'd be a thing for me, I don't want it to play back my creaks at the wrong speed, that's my job.

You want to back up your old creaks mister, it'd take you years trying to relocate the old gates you sampled those from!

• @StudioES said:
    I had the Air 3 for several days before returning it to Walmart. I need 44.1 for the sample library library I've built over 20 years (crazy requirement-I know). Air 3 is 48, unless using headsets. I don't want to carry an extra DAC & cables around. Unplugging the headsets immediately changed the sample rate to 48, ruining all audio edits in most apps I tried.

Bought the refurbished 2017 Pro 10.5 from Apple. A10x isn't as fast as A12, but it's a bit faster than the A10 in my 2018 6th Gen, especially graphics are much faster/smoother (mixer meters & playhead not a slideshow in heavy sessions). Plus ProMotion is smooooooth-easy on the eyes. 4 speakers in landscape mode is nice (anyone noticed the left speakers are louder?)

never noticed any speaker inbalance?? i usually rest it on a hardback book that’s a little larger than the ipad and enjoy the quite reasonable reflected sound and keep headphone fatigue at bay until the final countdown when it’s all aboard for some mixin & effectin..
    though i note that the right hand 2 speakers have 11 holes and the left only 8 holes... have you checked yr outer case ( of you have one ) might be the wrong way or not aligned to the holes properly?? just a thought..

• @MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@knewspeak said:

@MonzoPro said:

@StudioES said:

@knewspeak said:

Was that an Air 3?

Ah ok, thanks.

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@StudioES said:

@knewspeak said:

Was that an Air 3?

Does your old pro have the sample rate issue? That'd be a thing for me, I don't want it to play back my creaks at the wrong speed, that's my job.

You want to back up your old creaks mister, it'd take you years trying to relocate the old gates you sampled those from!

nope! no sample rate hiccups, headphones or speakers ( no idea if ios13 introduced anything? i am still on ios11 , hence the desire to get a replicant to take on the huge risk factor of this 13 thing (unlucky number, what were they thinking? )
    there has been the odd back up over the 2 years , generally to get massive projects done for other people ‘off my lawn’ .. i should be more conscientious.. but today is all about ebaying tech once again to mitigate skintness for this coming UnJolly season..

• @RockySmalls said:

nope! no sample rate hiccups, headphones or speakers ( no idea if ios13 introduced anything? i am still on ios11 , hence the desire to get a replicant to take on the huge risk factor of this 13 thing (unlucky number, what were they thinking? )
    there has been the odd back up over the 2 years , generally to get massive projects done for other people ‘off my lawn’ .. i should be more conscientious.. but today is all about ebaying tech once again to mitigate skintness for this coming UnJolly season..

Ah ok, maybe it's a software thing. I'll keep me mincers peeled for a 64gb deal if any crop up, otherwise unless the Air 3 comes up with a deal I can't refuse, I'll wait and see what the next batch bring.

• @MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

Ah ok, maybe it's a software thing. I'll keep me mincers peeled for a 64gb deal if any crop up, otherwise unless the Air 3 comes up with a deal I can't refuse, I'll wait and see what the next batch bring.

isn’t there still 64gb ones on the Amazon?... oh wait.. i think they are US imports and not covered by apple warranty here... maybe best avoided unless it can be checked..

• @RockySmalls said:

PS ;-). Apple have refurb 10.5 64gb at £449 in uk.. that might actually be better if they have swapped out those ‘white light spots’ screens from whichever bad batch it occured in?
    but maybe not quite ‘cheap’ enough for us plebian pskint Psons of Pitches?

Do they replace the battery as well? I'm a bit nervous about refurby'd stuff. There's too many options now, I'm going to have a lie down for a bit.