Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

With a little help to our friends...

I just wanted to remind everyone that, even at this time of sales, we can help a little our forum friends who make the demo videos, by buying the apps through the links they publish in the video description. In this way, even a small part of the money goes to them and allows them to continue to make those videos that we like so much.
Another way is to become a patreon, even a dollar a month is enough.

The first that come to mind: @thesoundtestroom @Daveypoo @jacoB_haQ @TheAudioDabbler (sorry if I forgot to mention someone).
Thanks to everyone and above all, thanks to those guys who try apps for us and help developers sell better. Cheers.

Comments

• I don’t think they get a commission from app sales now do they? I could be wrong, but I thought Apple stopped that a while back.

• I thought Apple stopped paying commission too. Remember Diskord being particularly upset.

• Yes. Apple stopped that. I try to put links in my videos so it’s easy for viewers to find the apps.
    Right now Google Adsense, Patreon, and Amazon Affiliate links work pretty well for me.

• I think they can get income from video plays and Patreon. Apple stopped paying 7% for referrals. They should allow the developer to control a "tip" for referrals they can set and then just let the influencers know they could "influence" with rewards. If that sounds they paying for positive reviews just remember that app returns make the developer go negative. So over selling something hurts everyone (esp if the tip award is deducted from the Influencers account).

• You might have noticed @thesoundtestroom does a lot more video work than he did before... get the number of subscribers up and monetize that community with exclusive rewards in Patreon. Pushing IOS Music Production with Video training is probably a very small market. Henny the Biz probably does it to market his studio skills where he makes a real killing producing Grammy nominated tracks.

• well, sorry then, I haven't been informed of this new behavior by Apple.
    So, I can stop buying from YouTube links, good to know.
    The Patreon option remains.

• Woot! Appreciate the shout out and good vibes, everyone!

• @Daveypoo said:
    Woot! Appreciate the shout out and good vibes, everyone!

"Video killed the PDF doc."

@Davepoo is a master of short attention span theater. But I didn't know you had a Patreon.
    I might gift you a Black Friday tip: For all the apps you have convinced me a too hard to use.
    Developer's hate that.

• edited November 2019

@Faland Yes, unfortunately and sadly Apple killed the Affiliate program for Apps in October 2018 basically stating that they no longer required it due to the fact that their App Store is now so good anyone can find what they want 🤣😂
    I still put links in the videos for most of the Apps though because it’s not the developers fault they did this.
    So now the only way I make a living is through Ad Revenue and Patreon.
    I do love making the videos though and in a strange and weird way killing the Affiliate Program just made me work harder, more Live Streams, which I love doing because of the community interaction on the live chat feed.
    I try and Stream every night at the same time at around 8.00pm UK Time, but obviously it’s impossible to do it every night but most of time I manage it.
    I have learned so much from the Live Streams from people commenting and telling me how to do stuff, it’s great fun.
    I still think we have an amazing, generous, kind, thoughtful and clever community here and with iOS in general, who are in the most part kind, forgiving, dignified with a great sense of humour, it’s all very Cool Beans 😊

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Faland Yes, unfortunately and sadly Apple killed the Affiliate program for Apps in October 2018 basically stating that they no longer required it due to the fact that their App Store is now so good anyone can find what they want 🤣😂
    I still put links in the videos for most of the Apps though because it’s not the developers fault they did this.
    I do love making the videos though and in a strange and weird way killing the Affiliate Program just made me work harder, more Live Streams, which I love doing because of the community interaction on the live chat feed.
    I try and Stream every night at the same time at around 8.00pm UK Time, but obviously it’s impossible to do it every night but most of time I manage it.
    I have learned so much from the Live Streams from people commenting and telling me how to do stuff, it’s great fun.
    I still think we have an amazing, generous, kind, thoughtful and clever community here and with iOS in general, who are in the most part kind, forgiving, dignified with a great sense of humour, it’s all very Cool Beans 😊

Couldn't agree more, Doug. Thanks for everything you do, too.

• Are you Spartacus?

How the heck can you read the stuff people write in the chat box?
    It scrolls by so fast, I cannot hardly make sense of anything in there.
    Is there a way to calm it down?

• Hey @thesoundtestroom, do you get more money if people watch ads all the way through rather than skipping them?

• @wim yes, probably, I’m not really sure how it all works 😂

@wim yes, probably, I’m not really sure how it all works 😂

Thanks Doug. I did some research. It's hard to find anything definitive, but it looks like creators earn nothing if less than 30 seconds of the ad is watched. B)

I've always assumed that, and so do let the ads run for at least a bit. Now I know to let 'em go for at least 30 seconds.

• @wim said:
    I've always assumed that, and so do let the ads run for at least a bit. Now I know to let 'em go for at least 30 seconds.

I know that clicks on Google ads are the most gamed monetization scheme on the internet. Bots are created to generate free money from bogus sites that host Google ads and scrap off pennies per 1,000
    clicks. With Google in the middle they have a tendency to look the other way since the ad buyer assumes humans are see their ads.

If you want to support Doug, buy YouTube Premium and support Doug via Patreon.

• I agree - Patreon is the best way to support your favorite YouTubers!

Jakob Haq (Haq Attaq): https://www.patreon.com/jakobhaq
    Doug Woods (The Sound Test Room): https://www.patreon.com/thesoundtestroom
    Tim Webb (Discchord.com): https://www.patreon.com/discchord_com
    Pete Johns (Studio Live Today): https://www.patreon.com/petejohns
    Dave Lionelli (ME! Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel): https://www.patreon.com/daveypoo

Feel free to add others you find here.....

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@McD said:

@wim said:

I know that clicks on Google ads are the most gamed monetization scheme on the internet. Bots are created to generate free money from bogus sites that host Google ads and scrap off pennies per 1,000
    clicks. With Google in the middle they have a tendency to look the other way since the ad buyer assumes humans are see their ads.

If you want to support Doug, buy YouTube Premium and support Doug via Patreon.

Yes, clicking can backfire if there are so many that it looks like bots. But that isn't a worry for a channel like Dougs. Still, I wouldn't click on ads I wasn't interested in just for that. But watching 30 seconds isn't going to be mistaken for bots.

And of course, direct support is always better. We're talking tiny fractions of a cent for ad views. But doing just a little more doesn't hurt either.

(BTW, one can also support Doug and some others via one-time paypal payment if tons of small subscriptions building up all over the place isn't for you.)

• @Daveypoo said:
    I agree - Patreon is the best way to support your favorite YouTubers!

Jakob Haq (Haq Attaq): https://www.patreon.com/jakobhaq
    Doug Woods (The Sound Test Room): https://www.patreon.com/thesoundtestroom
    Tim Webb (Discchord.com): https://www.patreon.com/discchord_com
    Pete Johns (Studio Live Today): https://www.patreon.com/petejohns
    Dave Lionelli (ME! Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel): https://www.patreon.com/daveypoo

Feel free to add others you find here.....

Thanks for the list, Dave!
    The family have decided we are not doing the usual and useless gift go round this year, and you guys seem like excellent recipients of that wise and long overdue decision.

• You guys on here are what keeps us video makers going. We appreciate any and all the support. For me, the support is not about surviving as in main source of income, its just encouraging and allows me to guilt free buy more toys and gadgets to showcase in my videos. For some it is their main source of income.