Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loop Find by James Navarro

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1468605967

Description:

Samples are everywhere now-a-days! Loop Find will allow you to locate, tame and make music with all the lost bits of audio lurking in your iPhone.

Professional musicians generate hours and hours of unused audio. B-roll, sound tests, field recordings, studio sessions, and other recorded audio. Cut through the mess and find the hidden traysures in your sample library.

Manual here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AqbTC3LVz8E3rGfilp69GdIwISRUSgNy/view?usp=drivesdk

Comments

• No mention on the AppStore , website or manual, if this is just standalone , IAA, or AUv3.

• Looks like standalone only so will pass.

• Yeah, was just wondering whether it was AU. Looks intriguing, though. The text description I found a bit misleading, giving you the impression that the app will analyze your audio library to find candidate loop regions.

• The idea is brilliant. I have billions of samples everywhere and it is a real mess to find the one I like the most.

• I use the free Sample Manager by ADSR but it’s desktop only for Mac or PC.

• edited November 2019

After 20 minutes of use I can tell you that this is a great app
    Yes, there is no AU or IAA...only standalone. But this is not a problem because the purpose of this app is different. This is an app that let you create loops based on your samples library. You can load several samples (a lot) and manipulate each sample (select the part you want, reverse, effects, etc) and then record a pattern (quantized). When you are happy with the pattern, you can export your loop (wav format) and use it where you want. Really nice and clever piece of software that will help you better exploit your existing material

And it is universal...

[edit] however a bit buggy...

• @cuscolima said:
    After 20 minutes of use I can tell you that this is an AMAZING app !!
    Yes, there is no AU or IAA...only standalone. But this is not a problem because the purpose of this app is different. This is an app that let you create loops based on your samples library. You can load several samples (a lot) and manipulate each sample (select the part you want, reverse, effects, etc) and then record a pattern (quantized). When you are happy with the pattern, you can export your loop (wav format) and use it where you want. Really nice and clever piece of software that will help you better exploit your existing material

And it is universal...

Does it import/export different sample rate and bit depths?

• sounds fun. are there any videos?

• edited November 2019

I don't see how it does anything unique in locating samples, as it appears to suggest either. Does it?
    So any sample based app could also make a similar claim to using your sample library.
    I do like the look of it but agree that does seem a bit misleading, unless I'm not seeing a feature.

There's an app on desktop, Sononym which scans your sample library and arranges them in categories/bpm etc. Would be nice to have such an app in a sampler on iOS :)

• I am not quite getting it either. At first I thought it was like a sniffer dog that you could send into AudioShare after letting it sniff at a 130 bpm techno handkerchief, only for it to come bounding out a few seconds later tail wagging with a mouthful of compatible loops.

• In what way is it different to Blocs Wave using the Sections part of it?

• edited November 2019

@cuscolima said:
    After 20 minutes of use I can tell you that this is a great app

And it is universal...

[edit] however a bit buggy...

"hidden traysures" <— From the app description.

Bought.

• @robosardine said:
    In what way is it different to Blocs Wave using the Sections part of it?

You can use several different sound sources to make a single file. With rhythmic, tone changes, and additional FX.

Take your sound sources and create or fix loops.

• @audiblevideo said:

@robosardine said:

You can use several different sound sources to make a single file. With rhythmic, tone changes, and additional FX.

It seems to offer a lot more control over each Sample Pad, and it doesn’t seem to limit you to eight Pads.
    I am confused by the AppStore description, though. The manual doesn’t cover any of the stuff in the app description, but it still seems like a pretty useful app for what it can do.

• @CracklePot said:

@audiblevideo said:

@robosardine said:

It seems to offer a lot more control over each Sample Pad, and it doesn’t seem to limit you to eight Pads.
    I am confused by the AppStore description, though. The manual doesn’t cover any of the stuff in the app description, but it still seems like a pretty useful app for what it can do.

The downfall of marketing ios music apps:

No use-case demos
    Shit for a manual
    and
    Number one poor app description.

• @audiblevideo said:

@robosardine said:

So it’s quite similar to Blocs? Is the file import pretty good?

• File import is simple. Tap. navigate. load. From the brief time I’ve spent with it’s a $5 sample player. Several samples (that extend - can scroll past what’s displayed on the screen) can be added. Each sample can be played and it’s settings recorded.

Recordings can be quantized and bar numbers set. To each “loop” another page(s) can be added.

Shorter loops are better as there is no way to zoom in on the waveform.

Is it similar to Blocs? Not really. Probably closer to iMachine + or - some ease of use and features.

• from the Dev of square synth?.... worth a looksy for sure

• I wish the manual would describe how to do what's shown in the video.
    The UI looks very accessible though.
    Also, no fine tune, no sample reverse, no triggering of different "slices"...

@kobamoto said:

• @rs2000 said:
    I wish the manual would describe how to do what's shown in the video.

Press the GEAR icon (bottom right of each sample and from the flyout menu under Sample —> reverse.

• @audiblevideo said:

@rs2000 said:
    I wish the manual would describe how to do what's shown in the video.

Press the GEAR icon (bottom right of each sample and from the flyout menu under Sample —> reverse.

Thanks! Any way to fine tune a sample for better mixing with others?

• Fine tune with cents - no. By twelve tone tuning - yes.

• I went ahead and caved and got it. Very glad I did. I’m getting some really nice house loops going on with it

• Hang on, you don’t have to manually fetch every sample you want to play do you? I thought this finds your samples for you?

• edited November 2019

@gusgranite said:
    Hang on, you don’t have to manually fetch every sample you want to play do you? I thought this finds your samples for you?

That is what I am waiting confirmation on, too.
    It doesn’t seem like it does anything new or special in finding or organizing your samples, but the description does seem to imply that it does.

I don’t know.
    I just went back and read it again.
    Maybe it is just talking about giving you an easy way to repurpose your audio files, to turn useless junk into glorious loops.

• @CracklePot said:

@gusgranite said:
    Hang on, you don’t have to manually fetch every sample you want to play do you? I thought this finds your samples for you?

That is what I am waiting confirmation on, too.
    It doesn’t seem like it does anything new or special in finding or organizing your samples, but the description does seem to imply that it does.

I don’t know.
    I just went back and read it again.
    Maybe it is just talking about giving you an easy way to repurpose your audio files, to turn useless junk into glorious loops.

Exactly. We already have many apps we can just loop samples with and add effects to. I thought this would give you a really quick way to actually find samples regardless of what they are called and where they are and loop them together for happy accidents.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong here but it looks like you have to browse the directories one by one and deliberately bring in each sample yourself?

• edited November 2019

Does it act like Loopmasters loopcloud or ADSR sample manager that’s what ios needs?

• Looks interesting but I do not see any Groove/Swing options in Quantize also no effects

• edited November 2019

@Jumpercollins said:
    Does it act like Loopmasters loopcloud or ADSR sample manager that’s what ios needs?

Nope. Its a sample repurposer.

Looks interesting but I do not see any Groove/Swing options in Quantize also no effects

No swing or groove options, there is quantize.
    Available sample options include
    Gain and pan
    LP BP HP cutoff resonance
    Pitch control (semitones)
    Envelope ADSR

No reverb or delay
    There is a REVERSE sample effect

Sample play modes
    Trigger Gate Switch

Nothing you couldn't do already if you have Beatmaker.