Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Flux AUv3 Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• @RockySmalls said:

@anickt said:
    Update is out

yikes Scooby! so ‘a couple of days’ is Pauls equivalent of less than 24 hours... i should ask to be his coffee supplier, clearly it would be ridiculously profitable.

and that Multi-track update is also out... he must be on something stronger than coffee after all

• @RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@anickt said:
    Update is out

yikes Scooby! so ‘a couple of days’ is Pauls equivalent of less than 24 hours... i should ask to be his coffee supplier, clearly it would be ridiculously profitable.

and that Multi-track update is also out... he must be on something stronger than coffee after all

jesu! mr Paul Barnards insomnia is worse than I originally diagnosed .. this just in from him:

“ And yes, there are two more effects on the way...

1) Flanger/Chorus
    2) Reverse

And I've modified the interface to allow paging between two sets of effects so the screen doesn't get too cramped. “

i’m guessing that if he has made 2 pages of lanes in the seq, then he must be going for the full 2 x 7 = 14 fx to match Effectrix.? ( though none of that fancy looping/granular stuff I am craving )

• @RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@anickt said:
    Update is out

jesu! mr Paul Barnards insomnia is worse than I originally diagnosed .. this just in from him:

“ And yes, there are two more effects on the way...

1) Flanger/Chorus
    2) Reverse

And I've modified the interface to allow paging between two sets of effects so the screen doesn't get too cramped. “

i’m guessing that if he has made 2 pages of lanes in the seq, then he must be going for the full 2 x 7 = 14 fx to match Effectrix.? ( though none of that fancy looping/granular stuff I am craving )

Paul is a monster! He's got some awesome stuff in the store for sure! One of the top devs.

• edited November 2019

@RockySmalls said:

Did you get this, or are you waiting for the Sugar Bytes sale I made up?

If he fixes the issues I listed with his multi-track-hairnet thing then I'll get the fx donkey. Otherwise he's in my naughty folder.

• edited November 2019

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

If he fixes the issues I listed with his multi-track-hairnet thing then I'll get the fx donkey. Otherwise he's in my naughty folder.

My problem with Flux so far is I have had issues deleting notes where it just doesn’t seem to register double taps as smoothly as Effectrix in the same BM3 session. So I have not experimented with it too much.

• edited November 2019

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

My problem with Flux so far is I have had issues deleting notes where it just doesn’t seem to register double taps as smoothly as Effectrix in the same BM3 session. So I have not experimented with it too much.

Hmmm, I do wish he'd tweak his UI's. Just checked the multitracker update, and it's still not filling the screen in portrait/standalone mode, or showing more than 4 tracks in AU/landscape. The new EQ's are good though, and the prices are dirt cheap for what they are.

• @MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

Hmmm, I do wish he'd tweak his UI's. Just checked the multitracker update, and it's still not filling the screen in portrait/standalone mode, or showing more than 4 tracks in AU/landscape. The new EQ's are good though, and the prices are dirt cheap for what they are.

that’s why I called him a John Brunner coder... Brunner bunged out a hell of a lot of sci-fi books some really really great and some really great ideas and set up but you get the feeling he was already planning the next one in his head before he’s even finished writing the one yr reading.. endings can be a bit contractual agreement ( maybe he has a productivity bonus deal with that Kal Group company? )
    nevertheless I made it my duty to read every Brunner i could get my hands on..

• edited November 2019

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

that’s why I called him a John Brunner coder... Brunner bunged out a hell of a lot of sci-fi books some really really great and some really great ideas and set up but you get the feeling he was already planning the next one in his head before he’s even finished writing the one yr reading.. endings can be a bit contractual agreement ( maybe he has a productivity bonus deal with that Kal Group company? )

Don't know his stuff, but a quick Google and 'The Sheep Look Up' looks like it's got my name on it: "The book follows the events of a future dystopian world over an unspecified year, with an epilogue set some time later." Vague. Sheep. Miserable. Love it.

I had a bit of thing for Mike Moorcock books in the 80's - there was a good second hand bookstall in Basildon market where you could buy them for 10p each, then take them back after you'd read them and get 5p in return. Would have been cheaper going to the library, but I was a bit of an idiot in those days...

• This needs a random patch generator. Everything needs a random patch generator.

• @MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

Don't know his stuff, but a quick Google and 'The Sheep Look Up' looks like it's got my name on it: "The book follows the events of a future dystopian world over an unspecified year, with an epilogue set some time later." Vague. Sheep. Miserable. Love it.

I had a bit of thing for Mike Moorcock books in the 80's - there was a good second hand bookstall in Basildon market where you could buy them for 10p each, then take them back after you'd read them and get 5p in return. Would have been cheaper going to the library, but I was a bit of an idiot in those days...

well Moorcock did have that Miss Brunner character.. never sure if it was tribute or pisstake..
    Shockwave Rider is another epic one and does most “ foreseeing the internet “ things William Gibson was bigged up for but about a decade and a half earlier .. Stand on Zanzibar was a big ‘overpopulation’ miserable one ,, and Jagged Orbit is a great one too.. he had 5 or 7 years peak 68 to 75.. probably miserablist fall out from all that lovely 60’s promiscuity?
    no Moorcock in Flixton library, i had to shoplift all mine from the Boots dept store in Manchester until they nabbed me & Mark Jones ( not Welsh btw ). it’s weird to think, in this cheap app economy) that those books were about 25p new..

• @jolico said:
    This needs a random patch generator. Everything needs a random patch generator.

AMEN!!!!

🙏

• @RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

well Moorcock did have that Miss Brunner character.. never sure if it was tribute or pisstake..
    Shockwave Rider is another epic one and does most “ foreseeing the internet “ things William Gibson was bigged up for but about a decade and a half earlier .. Stand on Zanzibar was a big ‘overpopulation’ miserable one ,, and Jagged Orbit is a great one too.. he had 5 or 7 years peak 68 to 75.. probably miserablist fall out from all that lovely 60’s promiscuity?
    no Moorcock in Flixton library, i had to shoplift all mine from the Boots dept store in Manchester until they nabbed me & Mark Jones ( not Welsh btw ). it’s weird to think, in this cheap app economy) that those books were about 25p new..

He was great in Hawkwind. I remember one gig though at the Rainbow, you could see Bob Calvert on his back, trying to strangle him. A disagreement about science fiction, apparently.

• 'The Sheep Lookup' by John Brunner feels very contemporary. Can't say I really want to live in one of his novels, but them's the times.

So did the Multitrack updates fix things?

• @cian said:
    'The Sheep Lookup' by John Brunner feels very contemporary. Can't say I really want to live in one of his novels, but them's the times.

So did the Multitrack updates fix things?

I’ve only had a quick play so can’t tell with longer clips if the issues I reported were fixed - the UI is still just as fiddly, but that seems to be the template for most of their apps.

I’ll try and give it a proper thrashing later.

• edited December 2019

Having fun with Flux 😊👍
    Love the new effects!

• So...
    How are people feeling about this app currently?

• @CracklePot said:
    So...

Very well. Effectrix's little sister is becoming a beautiful girl.

• @Faland said:

@CracklePot said:
    So...

Still waiting for the glorious random button to make an appearance.

• @Faland said:

@CracklePot said:
    So...

This doesn’t help if one already has Effectrix especially since it is AUV3

• @supadom said:

@Faland said:

@CracklePot said:
    So...

They are almost in the same ballpark, and I’m enjoying both, but actually if you already own Effectrix you are well covered.

• @supadom said:

@Faland said:

@CracklePot said:
    So...

Flux also works on iPhone.

• @jolico said:

@supadom said:

@Faland said:

@CracklePot said:
    So...

Flux also works on iPhone.

Good point

• From 4pockets Facebook:

Checkout my second feature video on Flux and the its interaction with DigiStix and the new randomize feature.

• @gusgranite said:

@jolico said:

AMEN!!!!

🙏

Seems to me it needs an ‘evolve’ or ‘probability’ setting so that it applies slightly different types and sequences of effects each time it loops around a bar. That would very cool.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@gusgranite said:

@jolico said:

AMEN!!!!

🙏

Seems to me it needs an ‘evolve’ or ‘probability’ setting so that it applies slightly different types and sequences of effects each time it loops around a bar. That would very cool.

I think you are supposed to use Patterns and Song Mode to achieve this, no?

• Just got this and enjoying is but one thing I've noticed is that each time you add a new node, it's set to whatever the default setting for that effect type is - is there a way to copy paste nodes or even better maybe, have any new node match the last node?

Cheers

Chris

• I have yet to coax much out of this app. I have Effectrix too and that’s definitely better at this point, but it’s nice to ha e two effect sequencers to share the RAM load.

• I still need to get this // basically tapped out after everything I’ve picked up recently

• This really needs a randomizer.

• @jolico said:
    This really needs a randomizer.

Let the dev know. He added a randomizer to DigiStix.