Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Air 3 screen intermittently stops responding to touch

Has anyone had the problem of the iPad Air 3 intermittently not responding to touch, and freezing? Then it comes back to life... usually. I see on the Apple Forums, 13,000 views, that it's a big problem with the iPad Pros. This has only started with the 13.2.3 update. A soft reset seems to fix it temporarily, then it needs a hard reset as well sometimes. Apple did a remote diagnostic and says there are no problems with the software or hardware. I can't be alone in this...

Comments

• I was just gonna say I’ve had this problem big time on 12.9 2017 iPad Pro but never tried the air 3

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    I was just gonna say I’ve had this problem big time on 12.9 2017 iPad Pro but never tried the air 3

Same here. But I usually just use my apple pencil, so its not a huge deal but it is a deal.

• It seems to happen more frequently on my Air 2 when there's a pending update that Apple is trying to force down my throat. I noticed that it would occur more often when plugged in, and now I realize it's because those (unwanted) updates were downloading only when connected to power. It also turned out to be true that rebooting the iPad cleared it because it interrupted the download as well.

Probably a different issue than with the newer iPad models though.

• @TheAudioDabbler said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    I was just gonna say I’ve had this problem big time on 12.9 2017 iPad Pro but never tried the air 3

Same here. But I usually just use my apple pencil, so its not a huge deal but it is a deal.

To hijack my own post, does using the Apple Pencil allow for more exacting data entry in, for instance, Cubasis faders/data entry etc? And of course other apps' data fields? It's impossible to enter small increments with fingers without the desired entry changing when removing a finger from a fader. But the screen being unresponsive is the greater issue. Have you noticed this occuring after a system update, when it behaved normally before?

Thanks for the responses...

• edited November 2019

@musikeer said:

@TheAudioDabbler said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

To hijack my own post, does using the Apple Pencil allow for more exacting data entry in, for instance, Cubasis faders/data entry etc? And of course other apps' data fields? It's impossible to enter small increments with fingers without the desired entry changing when removing a finger from a fader. But the screen being unresponsive is the greater issue. Have you noticed this occuring after a system update, when it behaved normally before?

Thanks for the responses...

The pencil allows for more tactile and accurate control of certain elements but it can be a gift or a curse depending on the use case.

In other words...I’d hate to solely rely on it when the touchscreen isn’t responsive to touch