Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Playbeat using CC messages

Has any one had any success going under the hood of playbeats? To make it work with CC messages. Ie muting sequences, making the dice roll either gobally or for each lane with CC. I have Midi Designer but can’t fathom how to do this. Do any templates exist? Tried to make it work with Midi LFOs without success. Can make the Current main preset reload any other preset but DSP spikes everytime. Any suggestions would be great.
Cheers Guys.

Comments

• @Toastedghost , I dig into Playbeat for the first week, but until the dev addresses the problems, it’s out of my toolbox atm.
    Midi (routing/ports, etc) is a mess, and there is definitely a timing issue, which some people have experience of, and others seem to have no problem at all.

• @gsm909 said:
    @Toastedghost , I dig into Playbeat for the first week, but until the dev addresses the problems, it’s out of my toolbox atm.
    Midi (routing/ports, etc) is a mess, and there is definitely a timing issue, which some people have experience of, and others seem to have no problem at all.

That’s a shame to hear. I was considering picking up Playbeats but mainly for midi work.

Any idea if the Dev has responded about the issues?

• @SpookyZoo , there has been no response on the forum from the dev, but @j_liljedahl explained in another thread about the difference in using a bpm from the host and using midi timestamps to lock the timing. I hoped there would be n update following that, but nothing yet.

• I made it re-roll the dice in Cubasis

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I made it re-roll the dice in Cubasis

Sounds great. How? Midi note, Prog Change or CC difficult to tell what you have done. Did the DSP spike?

• I have discovered that I CAN change the Dice via Rossetta LFO set to the desired CC a value of 0-1 and in Mid Controler in AUM set control to AUM. And Hey presto it works better than that NO spikes in DSP.
    Also if you if you Visual mixer you can make the pan move left to right automatically using CC and make volume move auto, brilliant.

• I couldn't get midi mutes to work when I tried the other day.

• Maybe this helps

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Maybe this helps

Great gotta try that
    thanks

• @gsm909 said:
    @SpookyZoo , there has been no response on the forum from the dev, but @j_liljedahl explained in another thread about the difference in using a bpm from the host and using midi timestamps to lock the timing. I hoped there would be n update following that, but nothing yet.

Thanks @gsm909