Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stammered / BedHead SuperGuitarism

edited November 2019 in Creations

The second collaboration with Marc Pattison. It’s an honor to have him mangle my stuff. This one, based on my early Track “Marmaris Dawn“, is transmogrified. That’s me singing sopranos in the bkgd 🤣. Here is what he did to it...

“Also, a lot of the little filtered ear candy is your keyboards copied to another track and then a plugin called tantra used on it, it's also behind all the filtered guitar parts. So some of what you are hearing that sounds like I added keys is actually your parts, heavily effected. I changed the bass sound altogether. There were a couple uneven guitar solo stutter parts too. This was a challenge for me. I'm very new at doing anything Jazzy and at this type of improved arrangement. It's sort of a fusiony tune now, between Jazz, Samba, Electronic music and rock...because of the distorted guitar. All my solos were improvised and some doubled or harmonized after the fact, but most of what sounds like two guitars is actually a guitar doubled with a lead keyboard patch tracked at the exact same time as the solos using MIDI Guitar 2. I took a little more liberties with the arrangement this time and equed out your bass because it was just too faint for me and you mentioned you couldn't retrack it. that's also why i added the drums on top.”

Comments

• @LinearLineman said:
    The second collaboration with Marc Pattison. It’s an honor to have him mangle my stuff. This one, based on my early Track “Marmaris Dawn“, is transmogrified. That’s me singing sopranos in the bkgd 🤣. Here is what he did to it...

“Also, a lot of the little filtered ear candy is your keyboards copied to another track and then a plugin called tantra used on it, it's also behind all the filtered guitar parts. So some of what you are hearing that sounds like I added keys is actually your parts, heavily effected. I changed the bass sound altogether. There were a couple uneven guitar solo stutter parts too. This was a challenge for me. I'm very new at doing anything Jazzy and at this type of improved arrangement. It's sort of a fusiony tune now, between Jazz, Samba, Electronic music and rock...because of the distorted guitar. All my solos were improvised and some doubled or harmonized after the fact, but most of what sounds like two guitars is actually a guitar doubled with a lead keyboard patch tracked at the exact same time as the solos using MIDI Guitar 2. I took a little more liberties with the arrangement this time and equed out your bass because it was just too faint for me and you mentioned you couldn't retrack it. that's also why i added the drums on top.”

Thanks for the kind words . Here is what I used :
    Midi guitar 2 VSt triggering
    Spectrasonics Trillian Bass sampler VST with an ESP Horizon MS 1000
    Two instances of Toneforge Misha Mansoor amp simulator
    Fab filter timeless 2 Delay VST
    One instance of Serum VST for a keyboard lead sound . About 4 instances of Dimtri Sanchez “Tantra “ VST
    Toontrack superior drums
    Polyverse Gatekeeper , UHE Hive
    Eventide Black Hole Reverb
    Eventide NewFangled mastering plugin to master the track
    All recorded over stem keyboard tracks in Cubase

• You’re welcome, Marc. Shamelessly bumping.

• McDMcD
    edited November 2019

I had to go back to the original source to see Marc's starting point for his creation:

Both are excellent productions.

Both of you are... (searching for just the right word... master beaters... no... craftsman... no...
    I got it) Mutha' Fockers. Yes. Nailed it. MF'in' genius in both instances.

NOTE: Please don't rename the track to "Mutha' Fockers". I want to use that title for my Holiday Album. "MF'in' Genius" is OK with me. Too 80's for my tastes.

Marc's shredding and production skills are exceptional. He should do some videos and share his approach... (Oh that @bedheadproducer, never mind). This project also shows his more melodic style since the original track inspired some of that approach with the orginal LumBeat's Drum track, I suspect.

• @McD said:
    I had to go back to the original source to see Marc's starting point for his creation:

Both are excellent productions.

Both of you are... (searching for just the right word... master beaters... no... craftsman... no...
    I got it) Mutha' Fockers. Yes. Nailed it. MF'in' genius in both instances.

NOTE: Please don't rename the track to "Mutha' Fockers". I want to use that title for my Holiday Album. "MF'in' Genius" is OK with me. Too 80's for my tastes.

Marc's shredding and production skills are exceptional. He should do some videos and share his approach... (Oh that @bedheadproducer, never mind). This project also shows his more melodic style since the original track inspired some of that approach with the orginal LumBeat's Drum track, I suspect.t

thanks for the great compliments/kind words. the original song without me is great in my opinion and stands on it's own fine without me. It was lots of fun trying to see what I could turn it into while still retaining some of the original vibe at times and completely departing at other times. I'm glad I got to step outside of my comfort zone and try something new.
    If there is anyone on here that would like to collaborate on anything or wants me to remix or contribute to one of their works, or even feels like remixing or flipping any of my tunes, just let me know...

• @bedheadproducer The music you and (the) @Linearlineman are capable of producing are a testament to dedicating yourself to perfecting the art of making music in real time. Mind blown...

• Thanks a bunch @McD. Still waiting for your critique on the Fulminatin remix 🤔