Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Black Friday Deals 2019 ( Music Apps.)

Comments

• @gregsmith said:

@jolico said:

@mojozart said:
    apeMatrix is an outstanding edition to any app collection. It is the best AU host for exploring combinations and automations of AU instruments, effects, and MIDI plugins. (For live performance with audio input, I still favor AUM.)

For sound designers, I suggest at least one of Sparkle, iPulsaret and iDensity. All now AUv3. iVCS3 is also worth a look. @Daveypoo made a couple videos about it.

ApeMatrix is worth it even you only use it for the LFOs in AUM.

Does this work in Audiobus too? Just tried it and couldn’t get my head round it at all

Yes it work 👌

• edited November 2019

@mojozart said:
    @gregsmith apeMatrix is an AU host, as is AUM and Audiobus. Audiobus also leverages "Audiobus" connectivity, and both AUM and apeMatrix can be connected in Audiobus.

apeMatrix itself also provides some AU plugins that can be used independently in AUM or Audiobus (or any other AU host).

That being said, when I use apeMatrix, I always use it standalone as a fun, full-featuted AU host.

Sorry, I get that, I meant the midi sender au

@Hkor said:

@gregsmith said:

@jolico said:

@mojozart said:
    apeMatrix is an outstanding edition to any app collection. It is the best AU host for exploring combinations and automations of AU instruments, effects, and MIDI plugins. (For live performance with audio input, I still favor AUM.)

For sound designers, I suggest at least one of Sparkle, iPulsaret and iDensity. All now AUv3. iVCS3 is also worth a look. @Daveypoo made a couple videos about it.

ApeMatrix is worth it even you only use it for the LFOs in AUM.

Does this work in Audiobus too? Just tried it and couldn’t get my head round it at all

Yes it work 👌

Thanks. I can load the midi sender but can’t make it work in AB.

EDIT: just tried in AUM and it works fine with normal routing, then worked out how to use it in AB. It works really well.

• @Faland said:

@GospelMusicians said:
    we have a special secret new app ready on Monday :)

I bet it’s guitar related...

That would be really cool!

• Glitchbreaks and Sliver on sale for $1.99 each

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Glitchbreaks and Sliver on sale for $1.99 each

Glitchbreaks is a superb app

• @david_2017 said:

@Faland said:

@GospelMusicians said:

I bet you’re right. Jamal did mention an amp sim they were working on back when iFX was released.

• Still thinking about upgrading to Arturia V7 from V6, but the Putney emulation is the only thing that really interests me in 7. How does it compare to iVCS 3 on iOS?

• @TimRussell said:

@david_2017 said:

@Faland said:

@GospelMusicians said:

I bet you’re right. Jamal did mention an amp sim they were working on back when iFX was released.

in fact, I was referring to that :smile:

• @LinearLineman said:
    @RajahP, you don’t have to download it all (there are 3 downloads)... the factory content is 3.2 gb, the rest are samples, I think. Don’t know about external storage.

Got it, bought them, Thanks..

• Hoping that @ElliottGarage EG apps go on sale! Would love the drum bundle and the pro WaveSHAPER.

• This maybe a little hi-jack... but ;) I just had the time to play around with GM Pure Synth. This is amazing! So much awesome sample based stuff with wonderful options and effects. I regret not getting it earlier ;) get it, its awesome!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Hoping that @ElliottGarage EG apps go on sale! Would love the drum bundle and the pro WaveSHAPER.

Sales coming next week ;)

• Any chance brams noir is gonna be on sale, and finally think I will jump if NS2 goes on sale, missed the last 1

• Interested in Pure synth platinum, because of the size and limited space on my iPad, can you store the data on an external ssd like some other apps allow?

• @Jonah66 said:
    Interested in Pure synth platinum, because of the size and limited space on my iPad, can you store the data on an external ssd like some other apps allow?

Nope. Jamal said/wrote somewhere that they might follow this line but it would take time.

• @ElliottGarage I've just watched tIm Webb's video to find out that actually (almost) full-screen waveform editing is possible.
    One question though: Like with samplers from the 80s and those on-screen, light-pen (Fairlight) or digitizer tablet (Roland S-series) waveform drawing modes, building "smoother-sounding" waveforms is difficult in freehand mode.
    Are you planning for any user assistance in drawing smoother shapes like positive/negative half cycle mirror and spline-like segments with handles to fine-tune the waveform while listening to it?

• @Nicebutfun said:
    Any chance brams noir is gonna be on sale, and finally think I will jump if NS2 goes on sale, missed the last 1

Noir is suberb, I would hate to be without it for a few days. It’s very reasonably priced for what it can do.

• @rs2000 you can open a waveform in almost fullscreen and zoom in/out pinchin with your fingers, so I find not so difficult to create smooth curves. Also you can start from the builtin waveforms, that contains several 'smoother-sounding' curves, and modify them

• Picked up iPulsaret, after getting lost in the new iDensity Matrix for an hour, and decided I need some more ApeSoft in my cupboard.

• @Daveypoo said:
    Everyone should own apeMatrix and mood.

Admittedly I'm a bit biased.... ;)

Absolutely. Mood is in my top 3 iOS synths, it just sounds fantastic (you can do Vangelis type stuff with it).

• edited November 2019

@MonzoPro said:
    Picked up iPulsaret, after getting lost in the new iDensity Matrix for an hour, and decided I need some more ApeSoft in my cupboard.

the only apesoft i don’t gots is Mood.. synthetically speaking I am covered in faux-silicone already.. haven’t looked into the Matrix on iDensity much yet BUT i have been having a lot of joy with Apematrix after someone ( audiogus?? ) tipped me off that Audiobus’s midi clock runs Samplr well.. edit: ah no, it was @oscarsouth thanks for that mr
    in fact that turned out to be a bit of a faff for me until i checked Samplr in Apematrix where it’s SUPER SIMPLE to set up and works perfick , start n stop n everything.. now i will run Samplr in sync with some iDensity instances and see if my fractured psyche can get any more ‘granular’ :)
    if only Apematrix had a few more matrix pages , NOT because i want huge complex set ups, but because you can route seperate au/iaa’s to them and record multitrack stems.. 3 is not enough. even 4 would be a nicer square number, 6 would be perfect.. ( i know, i know, with panning you can do 6 mono right now )
    @scarbo ( is that allesandro’s tag on here?? ) any chance?

• edited November 2019

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Picked up iPulsaret, after getting lost in the new iDensity Matrix for an hour, and decided I need some more ApeSoft in my cupboard.

the only apesoft i don’t gots is Mood.. synthetically speaking I am covered in faux-silicone already.. haven’t looked into the Matrix on iDensity much yet BUT i have been having a lot of joy with Apematrix after someone ( audiogus?? ) tipped me off that Audiobus’s midi clock runs Samplr well.. edit: ah no, it was @oscarsouth thanks for that mr
    in fact that turned out to be a bit of a faff for me until i checked Samplr in Apematrix where it’s SUPER SIMPLE to set up and works perfick , start n stop n everything.. now i will run Samplr in sync with some iDensity instances and see if my fractured psyche can get any more ‘granular’ :)
    if only Apematrix had a few more matrix pages , NOT because i want huge complex set ups, but because you can route seperate au/iaa’s to them and record multitrack stems.. 3 is not enough. even 4 would be a nicer square number, 6 would be perfect.. ( i know, i know, with panning you can do 6 mono right now )

I like Mood, it's low on CPU for us olde tyme Air 2 boys, and comes up with some nice Moogy noises. I've got the actual Moog synths already look but they knobble my CPU. Mood is up there with my most used synths, though I wish there were less 'pages' to go through.

iDensity has an almost embarressing amount of riches, every time I delve in I think there's potential to make a whole album just with that one app. Hadn't really fallen into its Matrix until this morning, so I'll be psending a lot of time down in there over the next few weeks.

*I was going to correct 'psending', but I think that actually works.

The Palindrome synth I bought yesterday comes with a nice package of weird samples, so I reckon I'll be feeding those into me iPad Apesofts.

• @MrBlaschke said:

@Jonah66 said:
    Interested in Pure synth platinum, because of the size and limited space on my iPad, can you store the data on an external ssd like some other apps allow?

Nope. Jamal said/wrote somewhere that they might follow this line but it would take time.

He said at the beginning of the new year.. but the new app does save to external drive..

• @MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

I like Mood, it's low on CPU for us olde tyme Air 2 boys, and comes up with some nice Moogy noises. I've got the actual Moog synths already look but they knobble my CPU. Mood is up there with my most used synths, though I wish there were less 'pages' to go through.

iDensity has an almost embarressing amount of riches, every time I delve in I think there's potential to make a whole album just with that one app. Hadn't really fallen into its Matrix until this morning, so I'll be psending a lot of time down in there over the next few weeks.

*I was going to correct 'psending', but I think that actually works.

The Palindrome synth I bought yesterday comes with a nice package of weird samples, so I reckon I'll be feeding those into me iPad Apesofts.

PSHAW!! ( wasn’t Pshitt how they translated “Merdre” in english versions of Jarry’s UBU plays?? )
    PS ;-). Apple have refurb 10.5 64gb at £449 in uk.. that might actually be better if they have swapped out those ‘white light spots’ screens from whichever bad batch it occured in?
    but maybe not quite ‘cheap’ enough for us plebian pskint Psons of Pitches?

• Well, as every year, the Black Friday thread is a big disappointment. Because the same thing happens over and over: I see dozens of interesting apps, yeah, I'm gonna get it cheap, only to realize: Of course, I have it already. Bought for the regular price, needless to say... 🤬

Come on, guys. Many of you share the experience, don't you? 😂😇

• @LeonKowalski, actually about half and half. But you’re still ahead of the game at about 10% of desktop...
    Oops you probably have desktop, too.🤑

• Anyone think the Tonebooster stuff will go on sale, before I jump on a couple of their apps!

• @barabajagal said:
    Anyone think the Tonebooster stuff will go on sale, before I jump on a couple of their apps!

The TB stuff has every day Black Friday pricing :)

• Come on, @jimpavloff , I'm waiting for Grooverider :p

• McDMcD
    edited November 2019

@Nicebutfun said:

Any chance brams noir is gonna be on sale, and finally think I will jump if NS2 goes on sale, missed the last 1

He offered most of his catalog for sale last year for about 3 days, as I recall.

PS - There should be 2 T's in your handle but(t) I digress. Make a great bumber sticker (pun intended). I like anal-o-gies (another nasty image here).