Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Black Friday Deals 2019 ( Music Apps.)

Comments

• @Poppadocrock said:
    All Apesoft apps on sale

How’s Mood? Do people like?

Great sound but I really don't like the AuV3 interface... Lots of panels and swiping, but no full screen mode AFAIK (someone tell me if I'm wrong!)

• edited November 2019

@Poppadocrock said:
    All Apesoft apps on sale

Mood is great. Don’t use it much though for some reason.

Also ApeMatrix was on my Black Friday list too. This is like Black Friday bingo!

• What can I do in apeMatrix that I can’t in AUM?

• @Faland said:
    What can I do in apeMatrix that I can’t in AUM?

Also curious about this

• @inakarmacoma said:

@Faland said:

Also curious about this

I got it for the included au’s. Can’t even remember what they are but I’ve had it recommended so many times!

• Everyone should own apeMatrix and mood.

Admittedly I'm a bit biased.... ;)

• @Daveypoo said:
    Everyone should own mood.

Even if you own Model D?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    All Apesoft apps on sale

Very good. Minimoog-style fatness and more.

• @Faland said:

@Daveypoo said:
    Everyone should own mood.

Even if you own Model D?

It really depends. It is a very nice synth and has some features not in Model D. I don't mind having synths that overlap as for me playing with them can be a form of entertainment.

If I were more focused on productivity, I'd probably have fewer synths whose architectures are similar and spend more time learning them inside out.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    BASSalicious 2 for $6.99 is a great great deal! My go to for bass every time.

Any massive reasons to get it, if i already own Bassalicious (1)?

• Thanks everyone... in terms of mood, how about presets? Ballpark amount? Does it also have random preset generation?

• @espiegel123 said:
    If I were more focused on productivity, I'd probably have fewer synths whose architectures are similar and spend more time learning them inside out.

I understand you perfectly... :neutral:

• When using as an AU your right, but in standalone mode its great.

@craftycurate said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    All Apesoft apps on sale

Great sound but I really don't like the AuV3 interface... Lots of panels and swiping, but no full screen mode AFAIK (someone tell me if I'm wrong!)

• @tja said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

IMO v2 is way better than v1, far more sounds available, including some very nice sampled bass guitars and synths.

• @inakarmacoma said:

@Faland said:

Also curious about this

The matrix design itself allows for a much denser view of your mix when doing complex routings, but the main reason to get it is that like all apeSoft/Amazing Noises apps, you can set up modulation for every parameter; meaning you can assign LFOs to every AU parameter of every AU in your session....

Also, you get some AU extensions that you can use in other hosts, including “Send MIDI” which can work as a MIDI LFO (and can go much slower than the Rozeta LFO), the sample playback one, the audio routing ones, the auto panning one, the oscilloscope, etc....

• All of our apps are on sale for at least 50% off, and we have a special secret new app ready on Monday :)

• @RajahP, you don’t have to download it all (there are 3 downloads)... the factory content is 3.2 gb, the rest are samples, I think. Don’t know about external storage.

• @richardyot said:

@tja said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

IMO v2 is way better than v1, far more sounds available, including some very nice sampled bass guitars and synths.

Agree. I rarely used V1 but use V2 on almost every project.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    All of our apps are on sale for at least 50% off, and we have a special secret new app ready on Monday :)

:o

• @GospelMusicians said:
    All of our apps are on sale for at least 50% off, and we have a special secret new app ready on Monday :)

Neo Soul Key Studio 2? :)

• edited November 2019

apeMatrix is an outstanding edition to any app collection. It is the best AU host for exploring combinations and automations of AU instruments, effects, and MIDI plugins. (For live performance with audio input, I still favor AUM.)

For sound designers, I suggest at least one of Sparkle, iPulsaret and iDensity. All are now AUv3.

iVCS3 is also very worth of a fresh look. It is an AUv3 instrument plus individual modular plugins: VCA, VCF, VCO, ENV, NOISE and SPRING. @Daveypoo made a series of videos about it.

I don't promote Mood too much because it has become very popular on its own and there are lots of great synths to choose from.

• If you’ve already got Delayrium and like it, is RealDelayrium significantly different enough to add too?

• @mojozart said:
    apeMatrix is an outstanding edition to any app collection. It is the best AU host for exploring combinations and automations of AU instruments, effects, and MIDI plugins. (For live performance with audio input, I still favor AUM.)

For sound designers, I suggest at least one of Sparkle, iPulsaret and iDensity. All now AUv3. iVCS3 is also worth a look. @Daveypoo made a couple videos about it.

ApeMatrix is worth it even you only use it for the LFOs in AUM.

• edited November 2019

@GospelMusicians said:

Well that’s thrown a spanner into the works of my Black Friday budget...

(and please please please be a Clavinet app🙏🙏🙏)

• @GospelMusicians said:

Can't wait :) !!!!

• Tempted by iPulsaret. I’ve got Stria, iDensity etc. so this would complete the collection.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    we have a special secret new app ready on Monday :)

I bet it’s guitar related...

• @jolico said:

@mojozart said:

For sound designers, I suggest at least one of Sparkle, iPulsaret and iDensity. All now AUv3. iVCS3 is also worth a look. @Daveypoo made a couple videos about it.

Does this work in Audiobus too? Just tried it and couldn’t get my head round it at all

• @jolico said:

@mojozart said:

Yes MIDI LFO, sampler & other AUV3 from Apematrix can be used in AUM or other daw, so only for this features buying Apematrix is highly recommended 👌🤘

• @gregsmith apeMatrix is an AU host, as is AUM and Audiobus. Audiobus also leverages "Audiobus" connectivity, and both AUM and apeMatrix can be connected in Audiobus.

apeMatrix itself also provides some AU plugins that can be used independently in AUM or Audiobus (or any other AU host).

That being said, when I use apeMatrix, I always use it standalone as a fun, full-featuted AU host.