Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fluxpad with AUM and IOS 12.2.3...glitches ?

Hello,
Am I the only who gets glitches now with Fluxpad loaded into AUM ?
It sounds perfect without being loaded into any host...
:'(

Comments

• Hi,
    Just to let you know that the dev answered me, and a complete re-writting of the app is going on.
    No release date, but it'll be back at some point :)

In the meantime, am I the only one having this glitch issue on the actual version ?

Thanks for any feedback !

• I don’t have a device with that iOS version, but on the latest version it runs fine.

• @crony said:
    Hi,
    Just to let you know that the dev answered me, and a complete re-writting of the app is going on.
    No release date, but it'll be back at some point :)

In the meantime, am I the only one having this glitch issue on the actual version ?

Thanks for any feedback !

That's exciting news.

• @CracklePot said:
    I don’t have a device with that iOS version, but on the latest version it runs fine.

Thanks ! So into AUM (very important point), Fluxpad hosted, no glitches for you right ? Which IOS are you actually running ?
    It seems 12.2.3 version is introducing glitches and is slowing old iPads pro's...If that's not a conspiracy to make us buy newer iPads, it's super negligent from Apple...

• @crony said:

@CracklePot said:
    I don’t have a device with that iOS version, but on the latest version it runs fine.

Thanks ! So into AUM (very important point), Fluxpad hosted, no glitches for you right ? Which IOS are you actually running ?
    It seems 12.2.3 version is introducing glitches and is slowing old iPads pro's...If that's not a conspiracy to make us buy newer iPads, it's super negligent from Apple...

Have you experimented with AUM buffer sizes? I don't think this is an indication of some conspiracy BH Apple. Btw, a number of iOS 12 releases had some issues that got worked out by 12.3.1

• edited November 2019

@espiegel123 you're right, but I think 13.2.3 is introducing new issues. And buffer size is a good track, but not only for FluxPad, but for all apps...
    I was running at 128 without a problem on 13.2.1, then it glitches like hell now with the exact same preset into AUM under 13.2.3

I think for FluxPad it's even worse as even if the CPU is not spiking, it glitches at 128...Going to test with higer latency...

• @crony said:

@CracklePot said:

I am on 13.2.3, Air2, latest AUM.
    It ran fine on my iPod on 12.4.2 as well. FluXpad into AUM with a couple AU FX.

• edited November 2019

@espiegel123 you're right...FluxPad can't handle latency of 128 into AUM. Thanks !
    But I'm almost sure that it was working fine, well almost, as it was crashing quite fast also, at 128 on previous 13.2 versions...

• @CracklePot does it run at 44100 Hz or 48 kHz ?

• Ok, right, it's te 48kHZ that blows it...Thanks both for your help :)

• @crony : glad to hear it's working. I wonder how far off the new version will be. Months? Years?

• edited November 2019

@espiegel123 he couldn't tell me...What I'm sure of is that it won't happen before christmas...So I'd say from 2 to ? months...

• @crony sorry to resume an old thread. I am not sure to have understand correctly. Is fluxpad working with latest iPad with locked frequencies of48 KHz or no?

• @Charlesalbert said:
    @crony sorry to resume an old thread. I am not sure to have understand correctly. Is fluxpad working with latest iPad with locked frequencies of48 KHz or no?

I tried it in AUM at 48kHz. It seemed to work fine.
    I am on an Air 2, though.
    You might need a Pro user, or an iPhone user, to check a ‘locked at 48kHz’ device if you need certainty.

• @CracklePot said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    @crony sorry to resume an old thread. I am not sure to have understand correctly. Is fluxpad working with latest iPad with locked frequencies of48 KHz or no?

I tried it in AUM at 48kHz. It seemed to work fine.
    I am on an Air 2, though.
    You might need a Pro user, or an iPhone user, to check a ‘locked at 48kHz’ device if you need certainty.

Bought and it is broken unfortunately. I will keep it and see if the Auv3 update will come soon. Thanks👌