Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New feature coming in Audiobus 2: State Saving

13»

Comments

• @Sebastian said:

If it's a problem with iOS music making it's something I plan on fixing in the future.

Great attitude! :)

• @SpookyZoo said:

@Sebastian said:

If it's a problem with iOS music making it's something I plan on fixing in the future.

Great attitude! :)

+1000

• @Sebastian said:

@cheesesteak said:

Totally off topic but what's the accent of the narrator in that demo clip? Sounds kind of American-ish and European-y at times.

That's Christopher Rice, the guy who makes Echo Pad, Swoopster and the new Stereo Designer app.

Interesting haha!

• edited February 2014

@Sebastian said:

I love it. European geeks have more swagger than their American counterparts. Fact.

• @syrupcore Maybe so, but history is showing that these two Europeans can back that swagger with incredible code! :-)

• Oh, don't get me wrong: I'm all for it. Swagger is a god damned good thing, especially when you can actually bring it like Sebastian has.

PS only one of 'em is from Europe.

• I did't get you wrong. :-).

Where is Michael from? I wasn't aware that they both weren't from Europe.

• Cool! Thanks! :-)

• Mike's from Melbourne.

• @Sebastian said:

Mike's from Melbourne.

They are putting up a statue of him in Federation Square I do believe. Sure I read that in the Herald.

• Oh, sorry, I thought he was from the Emerald City...

• The Wizard of Oz

WoZ for short

• If I had an ab2 setup involving Cubasis and some synths and effects, when I open the preset In ab2 would this open the project and all it's gubbins in Cubasis ?

• No, not currently. State saving currently doesn't save audio or MIDI Information.

• @Sebastian said:

No, not currently. State saving currently doesn't save audio or MIDI Information.

Could it be programmed to just simply open a certain named project In Cubasis ?

• Theoretically but that would be bad without the project data actually being there.

• But wouldn't the project data be fine inside Cubasis aside from the relevant preset data from each synth / fx app in the ab2 setup?

• @DaveMagoo said:

But wouldn't the project data be fine inside Cubasis aside from the relevant preset data from each synth / fx app in the ab2 setup?

What Sebastian meant was that the state saved by Audiobus won't contain midi or audio data (for the moment). It can contain references to that kind of data already existing in an app, which is of obvious use to most users on their own devices.

The AB presets can also be shared to others, but you generally wouldn't share the ones that reference specific sessions/data that included content specific to your device.

• Exactly what @Sonosaurus said. Thank you for explaining!

• Just wait 'till AudioBus CAN do all this stuff... #giddy