Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Update: New Roland SH-101 and now MC-202 for Nanostudio 2

edited November 2019 in App Tips and Tricks

After much listening to a real SH-101 I've decided to create more SH-101 patches that hopefully sound even more like the real deal. Some filter modulation added to make it sound more "analog" and less clean/thin/boring.
Now the pack contains a total of 6 Obsidian presets.
Check them out on https://patchstorage.com/sh-101_bass_1/.

Update: New SH-101 and now MC-202 for Nanostudio 2

Update 1: @cretakano was kind enough to upload a lot of new patches built from his own MC-202 samples. They sound fantastic!

Update 2: Inspired by his sounds, I have reworked all my 6 presets to give them a lot more oomph than before, and they get the name they deserve:
SH-101 Red version.

https://patchstorage.com/mc-202-samples/
https://patchstorage.com/sh-101-red-patches/

I would say that both packs now complement each other well, although you might want to keep the older SH-101 pack especially for polyphonic work: https://patchstorage.com/sh-101_bass_1/

Enjoy!

Comments

• This is too much! I have to get NS2, NOW! damn it...

• @Faland said:
    This is too much! I have to get NS2, NOW! damn it...

I feel for you 😅

• @Faland said:
    This is too much! I have to get NS2, NOW! damn it...

it is even worse, it makes me to want SH101 :)) Thank you @rs2000 , another GAS infection :lol:

• Poor me, I'm afraid I became seriously ill with SAS:
    Sequencer Acquisition Syndrome...

• edited November 2019

@Faland said:
    Poor me, I'm afraid I became seriously ill with SAS:

At least is 10x less money than i have now to save for Behringer 101 clone :))))

(rs2000 - translate it to "yeah man, i really like what you shared, like really really" :))

• @dendy said:

@Faland said:

At least is 10x less money than i have now to save for Behringer 101 clone :))))

(rs2000 - translate it to "yeah man, i really like what you shared, like really really" :))

I see... :smile:

• @dendy said:

@Faland said:

Oh wow, thank you heaps, OK, I'll do my best to make your purchase of a 101 redundant o:)

• Cheers, these are wicked! B)

• Thanks for sharing these, they sound very close to the real thing!

Also reminded me to upload a pack of 14 Obsidian patches that I made from multisamples of my MC-202 :smile:

• @rs2000 said:
    After much listening to a real SH-101 I've decided to create more SH-101 patches that hopefully sound even more like the real deal.

SoundClones don't replace the real deal but they sure do save us a lot of money!
    I love Syntronik when I get that itch for a Juno for example.

Please keep pulling in more clones. Loading into NS2 is easy peasy too.
    I have high hopes for a very robust community sharing activity.

• @rs2000 super cool. Looking forward to hearing these and testing them out. Thanks for these 👊🏼™️

• @cretakano said:
    Thanks for sharing these, they sound very close to the real thing!

Also reminded me to upload a pack of 14 Obsidian patches that I made from multisamples of my MC-202 :smile:

These are fantastic! And they're a helpful reference to further tune my own patches.
    Thank you very much for sharing.
    And thanks to everybody for the great responses :smiley:

• edited November 2019

i'm supper happy that our patches collection is growing .. hope more people will get inspired and contribute !

@cretakano can't wait to check your patches, i was dreaming about mc202 many years ago a LOT, so at least this way i will touch it a little bit :-)

@rs2000 you deserved your own folder in my Obs. patch library, hope it will grow :-)

Yesterday evening started a play a little but with your patches and looks like new EDM tune is on the way :) All sounds except of drums are based on your SH101/P6 patches
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qu7056a09vwjbi0/Night Drive.wav?dl=0

• @dendy said:
    i'm supper happy that our patches collection is growing .. hope more people will get inspired and contribute !

@cretakano can't wait to check your patches, i was dreaming about mc202 many years ago a LOT, so at least this way i will touch it a little bit :-)

@rs2000 you deserved your own folder in my Obs. patch library, hope it will grow :-)

No better way to show appreciation than this! :smiley:

Yesterday evening started a play a little but with your patches and looks like new EDM tune is on the way :) All sounds except of drums are based on your SH101/P6 patches
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qu7056a09vwjbi0/Night Drive.wav?dl=0

... and this. Wow. Love it!!

And new versions of the six SH-101 patches are up on patchstorage with different names so you can keep both versions:
    https://patchstorage.com/sh-101-red-patches/

They're much more punchy now and gel better with cretakano's great MC-202 set.
    Still no FX used :smile:

• @dendy I didn't know you could make folders in the user patches, that's handy!

And flattered to see I have my own entry in yours too. I'm working on a new set of ambient patches that will be ready in a few weeks.

• edited November 2019

@richardyot said:
    @dendy I didn't know you could make folders in the user patches, that's handy!

It's like undocumented hidden feature :) You need to create subfolders in Apple Files app in Instruments/Obsidian/User directory ...

It has some drawbacks which you need to accept:

• when you select some folder, in right list of patches you see not just patches directly in that folder, but also all patches in all it's subfolders - it gathers patches hierarchically.
    • if you try export user patches, in list you see ALL patches from whole Users directory

Maybe one day Matt will add some direct UI elements for this in patch browser to make it official, for now it's just unofficial feature, just nice result of Apple Files app access to Nanostudio document root :)

• As new NS2 user I got your patches, they are awesome! Thanks to both of you! Cheers

• These are great patches. Thank you for sharing.

Herzlichen Dank :-)

• You're welcome guys!

Want something else? Anybody?

• @rs2000 What is your HW list ?

• @dendy said:
    @rs2000 What is your HW list ?

Sub37, NL3, Mininova, a Kurzweil too heavy to carry, a bunch of hardware samplers and, tadaaa, an Alesis Air Synth :D

• Thanks!!! Can’t wait to check them out!!!

• @rs2000 said:

@dendy said:

Sub37, NL3, Mininova, a Kurzweil too heavy to carry, a bunch of hardware samplers and, tadaaa, an Alesis Air Synth :D

oo some multisamples of NL3 FM modulations would be greatly appreciated :-) from subtle till extreme

• @dendy said:

@rs2000 said:

@dendy said:

oo some multisamples of NL3 FM modulations would be greatly appreciated :-) from subtle till extreme

You'll find some of them in the AnalogKit D1 PCM expansion :)
    But i think that's a good idea.

In fact, I once did a very long recording of about 5 FM parameters scanning through all possible combinations in order to do "Finding the best FM params combination by correlating a pitch-normalized audio sample with that file and picking the best matching position but I stopped the project when I saw wavetable synths like Serum coming up and also because it's hard to synthesize percussive transients this way.
    It would be a fun project still but I wish I had the time to continue...

• edited November 2019

@rs2000
    In fact, I once did a very long recording of about 5 FM parameters scanning through all possible combinations

wow, any chance you have somewhere that recording ? Any chance of sharing it ? That woild be endless material for patches :)

• @dendy said:

@rs2000
    In fact, I once did a very long recording of about 5 FM parameters scanning through all possible combinations

wow, any chance you have somewhere that recording ? Any chance of sharing it ? That woild be endless material for patches :)

I have them but I'd have to talk to @analog_matt if it's OK to release them, I did it specifically for D1.
    Other than that, I think I'll follow your suggestion and play with FM sampling, I'll try different approaches to make them useful in Obsidian.

Have you watched the vid above?

• Sorry, how do you import these into NS2? Ta.

• @gusgranite said:
    Sorry, how do you import these into NS2? Ta.

Which?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @rs2000 said:

@gusgranite said:
    Sorry, how do you import these into NS2? Ta.

Which?

The 101 and 202 patches.