Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid: Tips, Tricks, Tutorials, Demos... and Preset sharing.

13»

Comments

• Could you post some screenshots of your setup maybe?

• Yes.

Greetz Chris

• That should work. Do you definitely have a drum pattern running?

• You could also try unloading pure acid from your AUM project and then reloading it, to make sure the virtual midi setting is picked up.

• I made a new session an added two Pure Acid. One Multi and one "normal". The normal one has the plugin added. MIDI out in the standalone Pure Acid app ist activated. Before i made this session i pushed Pure Acid an AUM upwards to the upper side of the screen (reset).

Greetz Chris

• Found it! Drums Midi Out Chan. was "Off" inside the Standalone App. :s

Thank you nevertheless.

Greetz Chris

• @chq said:
    Found it! Drums Midi Out Chan. was "Off" inside the Standalone App. :s

Thank you nevertheless.

Greetz Chris

Ah, nice one! Glad you sorted it.

• Any way/plans to sequence bass patterns live, in realtime using the in-app piano keyboard or external controller and adjust afterward? Unless I'm missing something, it seems pitch values need to be dialled in?

• I think this is what you are looking for?

• edited August 2022

@robosardine Embarrassing! Oh, wow thanks! I missed that button - on my iPhone, it's that low contrast grey-on-black, above the accent button-- beside the keyboard, not on the bass sequence panel. Thanks again! I guess also, the label "write" didn't jump out at me for some reason. This app is awesome sauce!

• @buzzG said:
    @robosardine Embarrassing! Oh, wow thanks! I missed that button - on my iPhone, it's that low contrast grey-on-black, above the accent button-- beside the keyboard, not on the bass sequence panel. Thanks again! I guess also, the label "write" didn't jump out at me for some reason. This app is awesome sauce!

Everything is cool mate. I have also asked questions while the awnser was right in front of me… haven’t we all 😊.
    Have fun. Pure Acid is AWESOME. One of my all time favorites 😊

• @buzzG said:

Yeah - it foxed me a few times as well. You would normally expect it to be called ‘Rec’ which is what most people would look for. It’s there and you’ve got it - that’s all that matters. It is a truly fantastic app.

• edited October 2022

-

• I really want to get into Pure Acid at some point, it sounds and looks great. One of my favorite pieces of electronic music is Aphex Twin's Analord collection, which makes heavy use of acid, but other than that I'm barely even familiar with the genre, but I love the sound anyway.

• Hey friends! I just published a free set of presets for Jim Audio Pure Acid. You'll get the presets to import and audio loops of each pattern in Apple-looped aif for Logic Pro and Garageband. Enjoy

Thanks for watching!

• Sweet. How do you load presets/bassline pattern from the drum pads?

• @Lorichs said:
    Sweet. How do you load presets/bassline pattern from the drum pads?

just download my file to your files and when you browse files you just open it and Pure Acid will import everything.

• Anyone know how to hide the keyboard in PureAcid when opening in AUM? I don’t want the keyboard from PureAcid out. Thx

• @Antos3345 said:
    Anyone know how to hide the keyboard in PureAcid when opening in AUM? I don’t want the keyboard from PureAcid out. Thx

It pops up if you have less than 3 unit open on ipad and only one on iphone.

I don’t think that it can be changed.

• Does anybody know if it’s possible to set the sequencer rate at a different division? Like 1/8 or 1/4 when running as AUV3 in AUM for expample.
    Superb sounding app.
    My no1 for 303 duties so far!

• @DblU said:
    Does anybody know if it’s possible to set the sequencer rate at a different division? Like 1/8 or 1/4 when running as AUV3 in AUM for expample.
    Superb sounding app.
    My no1 for 303 duties so far!

You can set the amount of steps in a pattern - not sure if that will help though?

• Here’s a great tip for you - in case you didn’t notice the thread for it. It’s just newly out and it’s just what you are looking for. Very nice indeed.

• @robosardine said:
    Here’s a great tip for you - in case you didn’t notice the thread for it. It’s just newly out and it’s just what you are looking for. Very nice indeed.

Who is this "you" just looking for that and how have you given them a tip, trick, tutorial, demo... or preset sharing for Pure Acid?

It's a tip if you include some advice on usage or a video showing the interaction between the apps. Otherwise it comes across as a shill.

• @kidslow said:

@robosardine said:
    Here’s a great tip for you - in case you didn’t notice the thread for it. It’s just newly out and it’s just what you are looking for. Very nice indeed.

Who is this "you" just looking for that and how have you given them a tip, trick, tutorial, demo... or preset sharing for Pure Acid?

It's a tip if you include some advice on usage or a video showing the interaction between the apps. Otherwise it comes across as a shill.

Here’s another good tip for you - give your head a wobble, reach for a dictionary then look up the meaning of a word before you casually call people out whilst at the same time offering a rather flawed lesson on the use of the English language.

Just to be clear for you. The ‘you’ is anyone who owns Pure Acid and has an interest in it. The tip is to purchase this app or investigate its use alongside Pure Acid. I’m sure the vast majority of people who have PA will find their pleasure with it will be enhanced immeasurably - as you will possibly come to appreciate. I was thinking it would be a pity were someone to inadvertently miss the opportunity having not seen the thread for it.

So on the contrary - you should actually be thanking me if anything.

• @robosardine said:

@kidslow said:

@robosardine said:

Here’s another good tip for you - give your head a wobble, reach for a dictionary then look up the meaning of a word before you casually call people out whilst at the same time offering a rather flawed lesson on the use of the English language.

Just to be clear for you. The ‘you’ is anyone who owns Pure Acid and has an interest in it. The tip is to purchase this app or investigate its use alongside Pure Acid. I’m sure the vast majority of people who have PA will find their pleasure with it will be enhanced immeasurably - as you will possibly come to appreciate. I was thinking it would be a pity were someone to inadvertently miss the opportunity having not seen the thread for it.

There was nothing casual in what I wrote, and the words were all very deliberate. If you had written originally what you wrote subsequently, I would have casually moved on.

• @kidslow said:

@robosardine said:

@kidslow said:

@robosardine said:

There was nothing casual in what I wrote, and the words were all very deliberate. If you had written originally what you wrote subsequently, I would have casually moved on.

I thought it was clear enough, common parlance I would say. Anyway let’s not get our knickers in a twist about it - it’s not worth it I’m sure you’ll agree.
    What do you think of the app anyway? - have you heard Doug’s demo?