Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid: Tips, Tricks, Tutorials, Demos... and Preset sharing.

Comments

• Good point there. Thanks

• I would like to be able to, having pressed play, listen to the steps playing while moving the selector cursors ‘Right/Left’ to add or chage the notes/pitch in the step I select. As of now the behavior of writing a selected step while playing lets you do this with the Rest function, Lenght of step, and add note. When I use add note it adds like a C1 and I have to use the pitch wheel to be able to change it while the melody is playing. I would like it if There was an option that let you use the keyboard for changing pitches of selected steps, instead of only being able to place new notes in the timeline while playing.
    What do you think?

• @_smund said:
    I would like to be able to, having pressed play, listen to the steps playing while moving the selector cursors ‘Right/Left’ to add or chage the notes/pitch in the step I select. As of now the behavior of writing a selected step while playing lets you do this with the Rest function, Lenght of step, and add note. When I use add note it adds like a C1 and I have to use the pitch wheel to be able to change it while the melody is playing. I would like it if There was an option that let you use the keyboard for changing pitches of selected steps, instead of only being able to place new notes in the timeline while playing.
    What do you think?

Yes.. that would be great.. With scaled keyboard, snap to scale piano roll, fold... Transpose to Key/Scale feature, conditional triggers (as GR-16).. and GR amazing Groove Quantize feature..

Loving this PA..

• @RajahP said:

@_smund said:
    I would like to be able to, having pressed play, listen to the steps playing while moving the selector cursors ‘Right/Left’ to add or chage the notes/pitch in the step I select. As of now the behavior of writing a selected step while playing lets you do this with the Rest function, Lenght of step, and add note. When I use add note it adds like a C1 and I have to use the pitch wheel to be able to change it while the melody is playing. I would like it if There was an option that let you use the keyboard for changing pitches of selected steps, instead of only being able to place new notes in the timeline while playing.
    What do you think?

Yes.. that would be great.. With scaled keyboard, snap to scale piano roll, fold... Transpose to Key/Scale feature, conditional triggers (as GR-16).. and GR amazing Groove Quantize feature..

Loving this PA..

:) What does it mean PA?
    Yea, those things are nice. Is it possible to use AUM's keyboads and MIDI apps to get the functions you mentioned?
    For now I'm using the pitch roller instead of the keyboad to change pitches while playing. It kind of works :)

• edited July 2021

@_smund said:

@RajahP said:

@_smund said:
    What do you think?

Loving this PA..

:) What does it mean PA?
    Yea, those things are nice. Is it possible to use AUM's keyboads and MIDI apps to get the functions you mentioned?
    For now I'm using the pitch roller instead of the keyboad to change pitches while playing. It kind of works :)

PA (Pure Acid)..

Most of the stuff on my wishlist has to do with the piano roll (editor)..

• And.. Midi Import..

This is a gem.. ❤️

• edited July 2021

It is a Gem!
    Heya guyses, is it possible to set midi CC’s to any of the buttons in PA? Like “drum select”?

• it would be great to be able to have a master transpose control that allows all the bass patterns to transpose together. I write most of my patterns in Cm so it's a bit of a shag when I'm jamming with someone who wants to do something in Gm or Dm for example.
    Otherwise I love this app!

• @Julius I'm curious now, why everything in Cm?

• @drcongo said:
    @Julius I'm curious now, why everything in Cm?

I guess everyone starts learning music theory with C major (all the white keys). I quickly discovered that I prefer the sound of minor keys, so I learn how to play the C minor scale. I've not really moved on in keyboard skills from there!! And actually I quite like the layout of where the black keys sit in this scale.

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

@julius said:

@drcongo said:
    @Julius I'm curious now, why everything in Cm?

I guess everyone starts learning music theory with C major (all the white keys). I quickly discovered that I prefer the sound of minor keys, so I learn how to play the C minor scale. I've not really moved on in keyboard skills from there!! And actually I quite like the layout of where the black keys sit in this scale.

Ha! Stick to Am instead. If you wanna get all fancy then go for D Phrygian and E Lydian ... or even the forbidden B Locrian if you dare.

White Keys Rule!

• When working with cycles and probability in I have come across these 3 options. All of them has a “mode” with a green line above and with out a green line above.
    It looks like 1st, copy but no idear about the “- - -“
    Can any one explain?

• The line above is “not”, meaning do the opposite.
    The 3 lines is “blank”, i.e. no conditional.

• I check these PA threads to see if a basic sample import for drums/1 shot vocal “Acieeeeed” samples is added.
    The synth is great but being able to throw in a sample of 2 of my own would make me use it more often.

• @R_2 said:
    I check these PA threads to see if a basic sample import for drums/1 shot vocal “Acieeeeed” samples is added.
    The synth is great but being able to throw in a sample of 2 of my own would make me use it more often.

Also, a second synth would be nice

• Is there a way to accomplish changing patterns from a Midi sequencer? The only CC options I found so far are “Drum chain start 0-15” and “Drum chain end 0-15”.
    Is there some midi notes hardwired to change patterns?

• I found the wiki that has the PC change information for patterns. Leaving it here for posterity (:
    https://wiki.audiob.us/pure_acid#midi_mapping

• Does anyone know what the CPY and !CPY does? One skips the note always and the other plays it always but there is no need for that functionality that I see so I have to assume it does SOMETHING else or they wouldn't add it to the app.

• I have been wondering about that too. It is the same with 1st
    1st and cpy without “!” Does not play the step
    !1st and !cpy Plays the step

• After hunting high and low to find the perfect overdrive/distortion for Pure Acid to give it some proper bubble and squeak, I think I have found it. It’s enough to sway me back from my sojourn into hardware - it’s well worth a try… and incredibly it’s free. You can tip the dev - Jatin Chowdhury - via some of his other free apps.
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/byod/id1595313287

• @robosardine said:
    After hunting high and low to find the perfect overdrive/distortion for Pure Acid to give it some proper bubble and squeak, I think I have found it. It’s enough to sway me back from my sojourn into hardware - it’s well worth a try… and incredibly it’s free. You can tip the dev - Jatin Chowdhury - via some of his other free apps.
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/byod/id1595313287

Cool! Didn’t know about this one! My favorite so far is the Nembrini Audio Black Ice Beta Gamma

• 🄿🅄🅁🄴🅰︎🅲🅸🅳

• chqchq
    edited July 2022

I'd like to use Pure Acid Basedrum MIDI Out (Multi-Output AUDIO UNIT EXTENSION) for triggering BLEASS sidekick on iPad. Can't get any MIDI out of Pure Acids Drums. Maybe someone can help.

Greetz Chris

• @chq said:
    I'd like to use the Pure Acid Basedrum MIDI Out for triggering BLEASS sidekick on iPad. Can't get any MIDI out of Pure Acids Drums. Maybe someone can help.

Greetz Chris

Have you enabled midi out in the midi settings? Iirc you have to do it in standalone and then it gets picked up in the auv3 plug-in.

• Hm. I'm using Pure Acid inside AUM. Inside AUM MIDI ROUTING i can see, that there won't any MIDI notes produced.

Greetz Chris

• @chq said:
    Hm. I'm using Pure Acid inside AUM. Inside AUM MIDI ROUTING i can see, that there won't any MIDI notes produced.

Greetz Chris

Try opening pure acid in standalone and go into the settings and enable virtual midi out. Then it should start sending midi the next time you run it in AUM. You only need to do it once.

• Thank you for screenshot. I tried it, but no success. Pure Acid outputs the MIDI bass track; but only the drums won't go out as MIDI.

Greetz Chris

• edited July 2022

@chq said:
    Thank you for screenshot. I tried it, but no success. Pure Acid outputs the MIDI bass track; but only the drums won't go out as MIDI.

Greetz Chris

Have you tried connecting it this way? Use the hamburger menu to the left of the app you want to receive midi from pure acid. You should be able to select bass or drums.

• Yes. At the left of the upper skull i can see a orange line, showing outgoing MIDI-data. At the left of the lower skull i can't see anything.

Greetz Chris

• Do you have a tick next to the drums like this: