Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple Apps of the year 2019.

Takes place 2nd Dec in NY.

https://www.cultofmac.com/666652/apple-to-host-surprise-event-for-apps-on-december-2/

What would you vote for in the music category?

Comments

• meaning new apps released in 2019?

• @[Deleted User] said:
    meaning new apps released in 2019?

Yes

• Tough but Spectrum Bundle and it is FREE!

• maybe because of the initial enthusiasm, but I would definitely vote for Pure Acid

• edited November 2019

Can't limit myself to one app because each is great but in a different area.

CuSnP
    The best tunable resonator I know.

Xequence 2
    A classic just got better in 2019.

Yonac Roxsyn
    Probably the #1 candidate for the "most misunderstood guitar synth", cool concept nonetheless.

TB Reverb
    Best reverb for the money.

JAF Collection
    The best-sounding filter collection, including overdrive, that I know.

UltraTap delay
    Powerful but super-easy to use.

2019 was a good year for high-quality AUv3 plugins.

• Pure Acid should just take all the awards.

All other devs should just quit.
    :smiley:
    I kid I kid.

• Pure Acid for me, but honourable mentions go to all the Fabfilter apps and all the Eventide Apps. Probably others, too - it’s been a great year for iOS music-making.

• AUM is my app of the year, every year.

• Toss up between miRack and Mozaic. Both excellent and ground breaking in their own ways.

• @ion677 said:
    AUM is my app of the year, every year.

Hard not to argue about that.

• Sugabytes Factory and everything by ToneBoosters for me.

• @richardyot said:
    Sugabytes Factory and everything by ToneBoosters for me.

+2.

Multitrack Recorder would get an honourable mention as well, if they fix the bugs.

• I think Drambo may miss the 2nd Dec deadline! Will be a contender for lots and not even out yet!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    I think Drambo may miss the 2nd Dec deadline! Will be a contender for lots and not even out yet!

it could really win if they created the category of the best "maybe I said it too soon" app of 2019...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think 4pockets lit the AUv3 world on fire.
    Mani Consulting made some cool variation on FX, too.

Aphelian was released way back in January or so. I love that one.
    Poly2 and FractalBits have been great fun lately.

I think NS2 came out this year, too. If so, then definitely I vote for NS2.

• edited November 2019

@d4d0ug said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@ion677 said:

Controversial I know, but.... AUM was released in 2015... and yes its solid... but not much in the way of exciting new features.... in 2019..... eeek, you can all wade in and tell me I’m wrong now :smiley:

Fair enough i stick with spectrum synth bundle then 👍

• edited November 2019

My Top apps released in 2019:

1. Pure Acid
    2. Spectrum Synth
    3. miRack
    4. Blackhole
    5. Morphit
    6. FAC Bandit
    7. [waiting in queue] Drambo

cannot choose just one of them... they all are (will be in case of 7) too amazing

• miRack without a doubt ;-)

• Spectrum

K7D

• Nanostudio 2 cannot be ignored based on release date.

I didn't buy it until 2019 (and it dropped in December 2018) so it's my star of the year and
    it's not December yet so... do the math. The "Year" should be fiscally offset for a fair discussion: October 2018 to October 2018.

Pure Acid for #2.

The news for FX buyers was the participation of FabFilter, Eventide and ToneBoosters.

Some pretty good synths but let's face it... to make a "wow" synth it's about adding automation FX into the presets. A truly ground breaking synth hasn't dropped IMHO since SpaceCraft Granular. Factory is very cool for the FX morphing.

• edited November 2019

Xequence 2

• @d4d0ug said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@ion677 said:

Controversial I know, but.... AUM was released in 2015... and yes its solid... but not much in the way of exciting new features.... in 2019..... eeek, you can all wade in and tell me I’m wrong now :smiley:

That's really sad to think about. For me, there is no audio production on the ipad without AUM. You'd think in 4 years we'd get an AUM style DAW or mobile logic or ableton for ipad. Nope. AUM is still the most exciting, most useful, stable, well designed iOS app I've ever used.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Spectrum, FAC Bandid and MiRack. Also Eventide ports.

Guys, what's the deal with Pure Acid? I'm curiousI because when I saw demo on twitter I thought it's just combo of 303 and 909. But now there's a lot of raving about it and I clearly missed something

• For me 2019 will always be the year I found the mighty Barkfilter, thanks 100% to this forum. Changed everything I Do.

• @lazyass said:
    Spectrum, FAC Bandid and MiRack. Also Eventide ports.

Guys, what's the deal with Pure Acid? I'm curiousI because when I saw demo on twitter I thought it's just combo of 303 and 909. But now there's a lot of raving about it and I clearly missed something

303 is the magic number! Absolutely awesome, the most funny and gratifying app in years.
    Top notch!

• It really has been a top year for apps. Toneboosters, Eventide, FabFilter, wow. Mozaic is a midimindmeld and is going to grow and grow. Spectrum is killer. Pure Acid has lived up to the hype. There’s been some really good delays as well. And compressors with the above as well as the Mani Consulting clean compressor and the MagicDeathEye for some colour. 4Pockets have gone bananas and released a whole ecosystem of apps. DigiStix vs EG Pulse was like some drum AU space race.

But I have to say my favourite app of the year so far is Fractal Bits. So simple. So effective. I love the sounds it makes when stroked and reverbed and delayed. Just awesome.

• I forgot about Koala. Easy app of the year contender as well.

• Toneboosters made life really good this year for me. Factory is pretty great, Eventide, Pure Acid, please don’t make me pick because 2019 was incredible and Drambo is still to come