Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GlidePath / Fun With Syntronik (On Sale 11/19)

edited November 2019 in Creations

You know, I returned Syntronik cause I was pissed that one had to register to get the manual for it.
But, seeing it on sale, and remembering how much I liked the clarity of the sounds, I repurchased it. And I am not sorry I did. IK has really given us an incredibly stable app (five instances here and I felt I could add a few more with no problems). In addition to a possible 1000+ sound Synth Library, the UI works great and it has a super set of effects. Editing with layers and splits seem ideal (but I am a preset man). Overall I give this app a 10. Bravo IK!

Comments

• Beautiful sounds and great music too. Money well spent.

• Thanks, @McD. Syntronik is actually the first synth where I am marking my favorites out of 1,000 (mostly cause it’s incredibly easy to do) up to the letter “F” now. I wish I could understand the Arpeggiator, tho.
    Just can’t get it to work... even with the manual! But that’s just me, I’m sure.

I have listened to this track quite a few times and I still like listening to the sounds incorporated. Will try another one sonic palette tonite.

• edited November 2019

Cool, did you get the whole enchilada?

What’s the problem with the arpeggiator?

• Thank you for listening @Tones4Christ. I’m happy you did.
    @Faland, yeah, I got the whole thing as I haven’t bought any apps in a couple of months. As for the ARP, I just can’t get it to respond to notes I play in on the onboard keyboard. I know it’s me not doing something right... not Syntronik. Just don’t know what I am missing,

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thank you for listening @Tones4Christ. I’m happy you did.
    @Faland, yeah, I got the whole thing as I haven’t bought any apps in a couple of months. As for the ARP, I just can’t get it to respond to notes I play in on the onboard keyboard. I know it’s me not doing something right... not Syntronik. Just don’t know what I am missing,

This is just a guess intended to open a dialog from the experienced forum members.

This might be a potential confusion over what "Arp" means:

1. On an arranger style keyboard (I think) you hold a chord and the instrument creates arpeggios of the held notes.

2. On these classic hardware synths a preset could take a single note as input and output a complex note sequence called an "arp".

Just a guess here. How many notes are you playing and what are you expecting/hoping to get back?

• @LinearLineman sorry for the silly question, but have you tried with some arp presets? it could be unintuitive if you start from scratch.

• @McD, I think I understand the concept behind it. Just can’t get it to function except @Faland with ARP patches. It’s something basic, I am sure... I don’t use an Arpeggiator much anyway.

• I made a video for you, hope it helps:

• That was very kind of you @Faland, thanks! My error was In not choosing a setting from the upper left hand window. As predicted, it was something basic. You might want to post the video on the wiki as it is a good general overview of how an ARP works. Thanks again!

• @LinearLineman said:
    That was very kind of you @Faland, thanks! My error was In not choosing a setting from the upper left hand window. As predicted, it was something basic. You might want to post the video on the wiki as it is a good general overview of how an ARP works. Thanks again!

You’re welcome, glad I was helpful :smile:

• @ikmultimedia, thanks for listening and liking. Glad I finally got Syntronik.... and the manual.