Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elektron Analog Four MK2 vs Analog Riddim MK2?

Do you have either or both?

Opinions?

If you had to choose 1, which and why?

Thanks

SANTA is coming...........

Comments

  • I have MKI for both. New firmware gives midi out for both, which I haven't installed yet.

    Feature wise MKII isn't much better and I prefer the physical design of MKI. MKII has dedicated audio outputs on both. 8 for Rytm and 4 for A4.

    Both have overbridge. Unless you need audio outputs, buy both MKI used.

  • @auxmux said:
    I have MKI for both. New firmware gives midi out for both, which I haven't installed yet.

    Feature wise MKII isn't much better and I prefer the physical design of MKI. MKII has dedicated audio outputs on both. 8 for Rytm and 4 for A4.

    Both have overbridge. Unless you need audio outputs, buy both MKI used.

    I am gonna get a new MK2, I was wondering between the ANALOG and the RHYTM which you prefer.

    Sorry my bad

  • I feel like they are very different. Rytm is a drum machine with 8 voices, whereas A4 is like 4 monosynths or up to 4 voice poly. They are designed to compliment each other, so each has their place, just Digitakt vs Digitone. But question is, what you want for your setup? A drum machine or a synth? Both have parameter lock, trig conditions, etc.

  • Agree with @auxmux although I only have the A4 mkII (which is great!) they really are different beasts meant to compliment each other. I would say that if you are looking for a synth go with the A4.

  • @auxmux said:
    I feel like they are very different. Rytm is a drum machine with 8 voices, whereas A4 is like 4 monosynths or up to 4 voice poly. They are designed to compliment each other, so each has their place, just Digitakt vs Digitone. But question is, what you want for your setup? A drum machine or a synth? Both have parameter lock, trig conditions, etc.

    Well, that is my dilemma.

    I feel I need Analog synth parts as well as synth drums.

    I don’t need any more drum samples, so I guess my first hunch of keys may be more what I want.

    I guess the pads on the Rhythm are appealing.

    Let me ask, polyphony of each of them?

    I am not sure what the layering of Rhythm allows for even in a cheating way.

    Let me ask, how does the Analog do for drum sounds vs the the Riddim for say stab sounds with the synth engine? What is the synth engine like in the Rhythm?

    I have all my the DT/DG/Model/Octatrack and these are only two I never looked at till now being the cost and terms for buying them is good finally for considering.

    Appreciate it

  • @SanMateo said:
    Agree with @auxmux although I only have the A4 mkII (which is great!) they really are different beasts meant to compliment each other. I would say that if you are looking for a synth go with the A4.

    What do you use it for? Sounds? Stabs Pads Chords?

  • @RUST( i )K

    Pads, and ambient drones, sounds scapes and slow arps. Especially with the new FW update since it allows you to run different track lengths. Nothing recorded with it yet as it’s a fairly in my Elektron family. But like my DT/DN combo I think it’s really going to make a good buddy for the Octatrack.

Sign In or Register to comment.