Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Velocity-layered Drums

edited February 2014 in General App Discussion

Are there any iOS drum samplers out there yet that can do velocity layering? Ideally MPC styled, but anything would do.

The closest solution I can find right now is one of the various SoundFont players, but building these kits on my PC in Viena is a workflow killer (and takes me back to 1999).

Comments

• The Keyboard Sampler in BeatMaker 2 can do that (not the Drum Machine), but there are not many kits around and it's a hard work if you want to make your own. And it lives inside a DAW...

Also, DrumPerfect is coming:

• DrumPerfect looks great but he said the first release won't have midi control.

I'm hoping to find something I can use for a velocity layered sound module for my midi drumset, or for MPC-style pads.

• He has been quick to add features and fix bugs in DrumPerfect so far (beta), I imagine after it's released it will continue to grow into something more awesome than it already is...and it's already really awesome!

• Do you need to create them in the app? If not, and you can convert them to soundfonts, BS-16i will do it.

• Looks like VoKey can be multilayered as well. I have not actually used it though.

• Just use my custom kit in Beatmaker 2....it works great for that...hit me up for details

• I'm using BS-16i now and it works, but having to build kits on my PC in Viena is painful.

Any suggestions for a decent soundfont editor (for drumkits?) for PC?

• Beatmaker 2 have velocity layered but not on drum machine, only on Keyboard sampler.

• @gburks
    If you already have libraries on your pc then the best way is converting them to soundfont (there are various utilities on the net for conversion) and use a soundfont player on your ipad.
    You could check Extreme Sample Converter and Awave studio.