Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Seekbeats & AUM [SOLVED]

Hi all,
Do you know if there is a way to sync Seekbeats with AUM transport without Audiobus?
I tried every combination without success. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you for any help.

Comments

• Ok, this is a weird one.
    In SeekBeats turn on Midi Clock and select Virtual Midi as the Midi In source.
    Also, make sure Link is on.

In AUM, make sure Link is on. Turn on Send Midi Clock, and select SeekBeats as the destination.

So the Midi Clock will drive the Transport, and Link will sync the Tempos.
    I don’t think I have ever had to use both on the same app before.

• Dont know if you have this , doesnt do start stop though

https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/midi-link-sync/id1071048493?l=en

• @CracklePot It works! Thaaaank you so much.

@[Deleted User] I don’t have it, but I’m curious to know more about it.

• I have been having a heck of hard time trying to get seakbeats to work in AUM. I followed these instructions but still no go. Is it time to move on? Anyone have success with this pairing?

• @dustybins
    It works fine here using midi sync.
    In Seekbeats settings turn off Link, enable Midi Clock and Virtual In. In AUM enable Seekbeats port as clock destination.

• Thanks a bunch!

• Hmmm. My send midi clock option will not enable? I’m on an iPhone. I will have to try on the iPad later. Thanks for the input

• @dustybins said:
    Hmmm. My send midi clock option will not enable? I’m on an iPhone. I will have to try on the iPad later. Thanks for the input

Here’s how I do it

• edited September 2021

Not sure if this is a Seekbeats issue, an AUM issue, a me issue or something else tbh. I can hear everything when I play back Seekbeats through my monitors but AUM only records the heaviest sounds or the highest pitched sounds. As though the hats are being drowned out of the recording. Not sure how else to put it so basically whenever I record say kick, snare, oh, ch, cp, cl, all I can hear on the recording is a little bit of the snare and then the kick. Sometimes the kick kind of dips and loses quite a lot of the frequencies from it.

Anyone have any idea what’s going on please?

• edited September 2021

@ashh
    Make sure you are monitoring the master track if you want to record the whole kit.
    It records fine here, when master output is selected as IAA node. There seems to be a bug where all the kit is monitored to you speakers even though individual track picked from the list.

• Ahhh! I did wonder why it was a bit weird like that. I had tried to record each part of the kit individually via those outs but I ended up confusing myself. I will have a look and see if I’ve left the kick just coming out of 1 of them. Tyvm, really appreciate your help.