Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iElectribe start/stop clock not working ?

edited November 2019 in App Tips and Tricks

Hello,

Using iElectribe hosted by AUM, Link activated, I can't make iElectribe having start/stop working.
I'm using X2 to send the clock to it directly.

I know that the default channel for iElectribe is 10 (not relevant for the clock, but as a reminder...I have set this channel also into X2, in case...)

I have to manually start/stop into iElectribe, and it's working perfectly in sync but...

Is it because of Link ? Or it's not working anymore ?

The documentation seems clear:
http://www.korguser.net/ielectribe/en/midi.html

Thanks for your feedback :)

Comments

• @crony said:
    Hello,

Using iElectribe hosted by AUM, Link activated, I can't make iElectribe having start/stop working.
    I'm using X2 to send the clock to it directly.

I know that the default channel for iElectribe is 10 (not relevant for the clock, but as a reminder...I have set this channel also into X2, in case...)

I have to manually start/stop into iElectribe, and it's working perfectly in sync but...

Is it because of Link ? Or it's not working anymore ?

The documentation seems clear:
    http://www.korguser.net/ielectribe/en/midi.html

Thanks for your feedback :)

Are you sure you want to mix LINK with MIDI sync?
    They're mutually exclusive. You either use one or the other.

• @rs2000 I know, but I can't set/unset Link on iElectribe (anymore ???) the icon Link is not doing anything, and I can't recall if I ever changed that (but I guess so...)

• @rs2000 OKAY got it ! I had to touch the éscrew" on the left, that opens the accessible Link bar.
    Push settings (and open the settings bar with Link) does not allow to press it...So stupid... :D

• @crony said:
    @rs2000 OKAY got it ! I had to touch the éscrew" on the left, that opens the accessible Link bar.
    Push settings (and open the settings bar with Link) does not allow to press it...So stupid... :D

Indeed, that's a weird hideout for a menu :D
    I just loaded iElectribe in AUM, enabled "Send MIDI clock" to iElectribe and both start and stop simultaneously. I think LINK has to be disabled in iElectribe.

• Grr...getting double clock no persistent start/stop...oh my...

• Well, ok it starts/stop, but the clock is absolutely ugly !!! Much more stable with Link, but no start/stop...hmm...Weird that this clock seems so erratic in iElectribe...

• @rs2000 thanks :) I don't know if you have the same results, but the clock is useless here...But yeah, Link works perfectly...

• @crony said:
    @rs2000 thanks :) I don't know if you have the same results, but the clock is useless here...But yeah, Link works perfectly...

Wait, have you loaded iElectribe as an Inter-App Audio input in AUM?
    Works well here with MIDI clock (except for the missing latency correction in AUM of course)
    Had AUM running with metronome for 4 minutes and iElectribe followed constantly, even when changing tempo wildly in AUM.
    Here's my setup. LINK is off in iElectribe.

• @crony Maybe you have set a high audio buffer in AUM and what you hear is the delay caused by it?

It looks like AUM does not support flexible handling of sync clients (latency correction for plugins that support MIDI timestamps and others that don't, all in the same AUM session.)

• That's really weird...On 2 ipads pro 1st gen, 12", running at 48kHz, latency 128, 24 bits (float) no issue.
    With my 2 iPads pro 11", same settings, it takes some double clock (ok I might have something wrong here...but it's weird cos it seems he's catching some clock that I'm sending to other ports ...) but even going on a very simple setup, I still have issues with a tempo doing whatever he wants...
    Grr...Anyway... :)

• @crony said:
    That's really weird...On 2 ipads pro 1st gen, 12", running at 48kHz, latency 128, 24 bits (float) no issue.
    With my 2 iPads pro 11", same settings, it takes some double clock (ok I might have something wrong here...but it's weird cos it seems he's catching some clock that I'm sending to other ports ...) but even going on a very simple setup, I still have issues with a tempo doing whatever he wants...
    Grr...Anyway... :)

I've simply started an AUM session from scratch, added iElectribe and changed the settings like in the screenshot. Nothing else.
    No fancy MIDI routing, maybe start from scratch to make sure the gremlins are gone?