Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A “FIX” for Behringer U-phoria UMC204HD loosing audio signal in apps

Hello friends,

I just wanted to mention for whoever is using/will be using any iPad with the Behringer U-phoria UMC204HD or its brothers..

Sometimes I am losing the audio signal and I need to unplug the interface and reconnect it to get audio back.

I could see that the audio clipping led in the interface do change while monitoring a microphone but sometimes I get no audio in Auria Pro or other apps. Reconnecting the USB cable solves the problem and gets audio back right away (after a few popping sounds).

But pay attention, it took me some time of messing around with apps and what not until I got it, you need to unplug the USB cable from the back of the interface. It doesn’t work for me at all if I disconnect the USB cable from the iPad. Only if I disconnect it from the interface itself and reconnect it, it works (which is weird).

This doesn’t happen a lot and I don’t know why it does, and it shouldn’t, And this is not a permanent fix, but when it does happen, you better know what to do..

If you have a problem and you are troubleshooting you have to make sure that:

1. You are using an original Apple camera kit adapter.
  2. You have the volume in the iPad set to its highest level.

I am personally using the iPad Air 2019 64GB (Which is great). I am running iOS 12 and I will be updating to iOS 13 now. if this problem will go away because of the update, I will let you know here.

Good luck (:

Roy.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

That sounds more like a cable or connector problem if it matters which end the connector is unplugged from. You might try blowing out the holes in the socket with compressed air if you haven’t already, though it could also be a loose pin or fraying wire or connection, or a bad solder joint on the socket inside the unit.

• edited November 2019

Camera connection kit typically needs to have everything plugged in before connecting to the iOS device. There seems to be a small amount of hardware to iOS device combinations where you can sometimes get away with unplugging a USB cable and plugging it back in successfully but this is a very recent development. Would recommend using the tried and tested approach for safety reasons.

Apologies in advance if you have been connecting things in this order and having issues.