Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fix a sentence on iOS?

I was wondering, am I the only one who hates the way Apple has implemented to highlight or insert a word in a sentence on iOS? Something must have gotten worse over time, because now for me it's a compulsive continuous tap and double tap the screen, trying to position the cursor in the right place, trying not to highlight the wrong words, both without success, then trying to remove the highlighting from the latter and so on... damn.

Comments

• Long hold the space bar and drag. It turns the entire keyboard onto a trackpad. Then you can drop the cursor exactly where you want.

• I'm with you. I spend more time correcting autocorrect and repositioning cursor than I spend actually typing stuff.

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

Time for another autotype thread...

Yesterday was the app that was my first place in app purchase apps that I’ve never heard before but then again it is now too easy and to get the results to the end I have no problems in. The only way I could get this one is because it has to zero in my life and it’s not really like that.

• @_mwallace said:
    Long hold the space bar and drag. It turns the entire keyboard onto a trackpad. Then you can drop the cursor exactly where you want.

Such a great tip. Man you’ve most likely saved hours of my life.

• @_mwallace said:
    Long hold the space bar and drag. It turns the entire keyboard onto a trackpad. Then you can drop the cursor exactly where you want.

I know that, but nine out of ten it places the cursor one letter before or after the one I choose. Thanks anyway, mate.

• It took me awhile, but I found that if I touch quickly about where I want the cursor, then move my finger out of the way so I can see, I can still move the cursor around as long as I don’t lift my finger.

• PITA! I end up just deleting the entire word and retyping, its faster.

• @Faland said:
    I was wondering, am I the only one who hates the way Apple has implemented to highlight or insert a word in a sentence on iOS? Something must have gotten worse over time, because now for me it's a compulsive continuous tap and double tap the screen, trying to position the cursor in the right place, trying not to highlight the wrong words, both without success, then trying to remove the highlighting from the latter and so on... damn.

Yeah I mentioned this in another thread, hate the way it works now on my iPhone. Back on the iPad still on iOS 12, it all works perfectly. One of the main reasons I’m not going to update it.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

Yeah I mentioned this in another thread, hate the way it works now on my iPhone. Back on the iPad still on iOS 12, it all works perfectly. One of the main reasons I’m not going to update it.

Yes, it’s seems an issue related with iOS/iPadOS 13. Ah, good old days...

• @Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

Yes, it’s seems an issue related with iOS/iPadOS 13. Ah, good old days...

With 12x I just hold down my finger on the text and I can move the cursor where I want it. I don't get why having to use two hands to do the spacebar thing, instead of one finger is an improvement.

Big thing for me as my typing is rubbish, as is the auto correct, so I'm always having to edit my text.

• I have to say that the space bar trick, if you don't leave the space bar with your finger and don't wander around the keyboard like a drunk duck, is more accurate in positioning the cursor.
    But yes, I see no improvement in this change.

• you don’t even have to hold the space bar, but any where on the keyboard with a harder press will activate the curser.

• I'm on iOS 12.4.1 A two-finger gesture on the iPad keyboard works really well for me.

Long press on spacebar for the phone.

• edited November 2019

The crazy thing is I think most in here are power users and have trouble with something that should be simple.
    I use the two finger long press on the keyboard to place cursor and it works when I get frustrated and remember to use it. That often happens when I’m typing fast and get a word that needs a quick one letter correction and iOS insists on highlighting the word no matter how many fingers and no matter where I touch next to it. It’s just how it works now.
    Gestures and the keyboard placing are cool and all, but how many regular users have got them down? 3 finger copy/paste etc, yea maybe 10 percent and surely not someone’s grandparents.

• @reasOne said:
    you don’t even have to hold the space bar, but any where on the keyboard with a harder press will activate the curser.

at least on my iphone haven’t tried on ipad

• @bounce said:
    The crazy thing is I think most in here are power users and have trouble with something that should be simple.
    I use the two finger long press on the keyboard to place cursor and it works when I get frustrated and remember to use it. That often happens when I’m typing fast and get a word that needs a quick one letter correction and iOS insists on highlighting the word no matter how many fingers and no matter where I touch next to it. It’s just how it works now.
    Gestures and the keyboard placing are cool and all, but how many regular users have got them down? 3 finger copy/paste etc, yea maybe 10 percent and surely not someone’s grandparents.

Yes, this is exactly the situation at the moment. After eliminating the 3.5 mm jack, maybe this is the most annoying thing that Apple has given us. It's complicating my daily use of the iPad.
    Thank goodness, for making music you have to write very little...

• I am trying to write a phd on my ipad. I just repress the rage 🙏.

• On iOS13 it seems Apple have taken away the magnify glass for text. Frustrating no text zoom

• Two words - "bluetooth keyboard".

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Two words - "bluetooth keyboard".

One word “mobility”. :D

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

A bluetooth keyboard in a sense is a contradiction, I like iPad because of its lightness, size, etc.
    If I have to bring 2 hardware with me, I can instead use my Macbook Air.

• @philowerx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

One word “mobility”. :D

:D :D :D

• “Like picking your nose with a sausage” - classic!

@MarkH said:

• @Faland said:

@bounce said:

Yes, this is exactly the situation at the moment. After eliminating the 3.5 mm jack, maybe this is the most annoying thing that Apple has given us. It's complicating my daily use of the iPad.
    Thank goodness, for making music you have to write very little...

I use my phone for social media, forum stuff, texting etc. So a lot of typing going on. The change has just spoilt the whole experience of using it for this purpose.

This lightning port on this phone is starting to play up, as per my previous one. Suddenly a Samsung is in the running as a replacement.

• @MarkH said:

Such a great review!!!