Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for water drop samples

Hey gang, hoping someone might be able to point me to where I can find some good samples (or perhaps presets) for water drop sounds. I thought I might find some in the Toybox sound pack within GarageBand, but no joy. Any suggestions?

Comments

• edited November 2019

@sch said:
    Hey gang, hoping someone might be able to point me to where I can find some good samples (or perhaps presets) for water drop sounds. I thought I might find some in the Toybox sound pack within GarageBand, but no joy. Any suggestions?

Do you own GrooveRider?
    If you don't, you can still download this track:

• Last time I needed them I went to the bathroom and recorded them with iPads mic. Good thing about bathrooms/toilets is that they are generally small, well isolated spaces with less external noise than rest of the house.

• yeah, if you have a faucet and a basin, you're good to go.

• edited November 2019

There's a few free water based libraries here
    https://www.freetousesounds.com/?s=Water

Well worth getting the all in one lifetime access bundle from there. A huge collection (700gb and counting). Well organised, license and metadata included and 24/7 cloud access so you can download things as needed. Even has a hefty ambisonic library for spatial audio!

The full price of $20 is more than reasonable but it does get discounted regularly.

A sound effect has a Black Friday discount on many libraries at the moment.
    Bucketloads of water based collections available..
    https://www.asoundeffect.com/?s=water&post_type=product

I would just record some droplets with the phone for this scenario.

• @rs2000 said:

@sch said:

Do you own GrooveRider?

That’s a great start... I had a quick check through GR banks but couldn’t see which one this might be from. Where exactly is it?

• edited November 2019

@sch said:

@rs2000 said:

@sch said:

Do you own GrooveRider?

That’s a great start... I had a quick check through GR banks but couldn’t see which one this might be from. Where exactly is it?

No, it's my own creation using five different parts to synthesize it.
    I wanted to upload it to patchstorage.com but there's no GR16 category.
    I've asked for creating one, I think that Groove Rider deserves it :smiley:

• Cool! Thanks for the reply.

• @sch said:

I could point you to my kitchen faucet. 😂😂 it needs a new cartridge.

• @sch said:
    Cool! Thanks for the reply.

In fact you can do it yourself.

And here some screenshots from the five parts:

The last one is "chip noise".

• Thanks mate!

• @supadom said:
    Last time I needed them I went to the bathroom and recorded them with iPads mic. Good thing about bathrooms/toilets is that they are generally small, well isolated spaces with less external noise than rest of the house.

@palms said:
    yeah, if you have a faucet and a basin, you're good to go.

I've made whole tracks just using samples from my bathroom. No joke.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:
    Last time I needed them I went to the bathroom and recorded them with iPads mic. Good thing about bathrooms/toilets is that they are generally small, well isolated spaces with less external noise than rest of the house.

@palms said:
    yeah, if you have a faucet and a basin, you're good to go.

I've made whole tracks just using samples from my bathroom. No joke.

A good medicine cabinet beats a full percussion section any day.

• edited November 2019

@rs2000 said:

Great musician. Sugoi

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Great musician. Sugoi

Love his stuff. Haven't heard any of his music for ages but this thread reminded me of that particular song :)

• Freesound is great. It’s been around long enough, and enough people have contributed, that it’s gotten to a critical mass where you can find most sound effects you need.