Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OP-Z sequencing NanoStudio 2

Had a go this evening getting the OP-Z sequencing in real time directly within NS2. I spent about 25 minutes noodling about to get the track to sound how i wanted in this clip. What amazed me about NS2 is that it didn’t mind recording 6 independent channels of incoming Midi sequence data in real time. Beautiful!

Going to spend some more time with NanoStudio 2 and the OP-Z for sure now 😁

Comments

• edited November 2019

nice music, just a pity it's so short.. next time please at least 6-8 minutes :)), i would save it as audio into my daily chillou/ambient playlist :)

• edited November 2019

@dendy said:
    nice music, just a pity it's so short.. next time please at least 6-8 minutes, i would save it as audio into my daily chillou/ambient playlist :)

Thanks for enjoying it. You got it. I’ll record a longer version now that i have it setup and can record the sequence data from the OP-Z. On a 7 hour flight tomorrow so I’ll have some time on my sequencing fingers 🤪👊🏼™️

Here’s the file if you want to build on top of it:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pura4kbpjnx4w8o/Signals.nsa?dl=0

• :+1: wish you creative flight :)

• @echoopera said:

@dendy said:
    nice music, just a pity it's so short.. next time please at least 6-8 minutes, i would save it as audio into my daily chillou/ambient playlist :)

Thanks for enjoying it. You got it. I’ll record a longer version now that i have it setup and can record the sequence data from the OP-Z. On a 7 hour flight tomorrow so I’ll have some time on my sequencing fingers 🤪👊🏼™️

Here’s the file if you want to build on top of it:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pura4kbpjnx4w8o/Signals.nsa?dl=0

I did ;)
    Just drums and a few plucks...

• @rs2000 nice man. Thanks for sharing. Love the Plucky bits.

• you doing that over bluetooth?

• @dreamrobe said:
    you doing that over bluetooth?

Yes i am 😬

• Nice :) my next flight in gonna be Thursday. will try that too. thx

• Omg I totally forgot the opz was Bluetooth too goddamnit.... you friggin guys are not helping my GAS.....

• @icsleepers said:
    Omg I totally forgot the opz was Bluetooth too goddamnit.... you friggin guys are not helping my GAS.....

Hahah. Just Do it.

• @echoopera Do you ever record the audio from the OP-Z into NanoStudio/Live?

I’ve found that BM3 is solid for this, because the MIDI sync is so good.

• edited November 2019

As opposed to starting a new thread just going to add my latest NanoStudio2 track here. As I’ve learned over the last few years, each synth presents it own unique challenges and strengths. NS2 is no different. It’s an almost complete solution...just a few more features and it will soar.

Anyhoo, over the last couple months I’ve been coming to terms with Obdisian and Slate and the NS2 workflow, and while i haven’t mastered it by a long shot, i am more comfortable with producing work in its environment. It’s been a fun learning experience, as I’ve been brainwashed by the Ableton Clip paradigm, so going straight linear has been a bit of a paradigm change.

Well that was a rather long winded way of saying here’s a new track from this NS2 journey I’ve undertaken. 🤪

• And a video to watch as well: