Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Waldorf Nave and iPadOS

Hello,
I would get the awesome Nave synth but I’m wondering if is full compatible with the new iPadOS.
The last update is quite old. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi,
    I’ve just tested Nave on an iPad Pro2 12.9, iOS 13.2 (not sure if that’s called iPadOS) in both standalone and IAA in Aum and it worked fine. I only tested it for a few minutes tho. All the best! 😺

• Works for me (12.9 pro with iPadOS 13.3). Navebanks copy into the app, you can access audio files for wavetables (slightly convoluted), and there is also email for getting patches / banks back out (have not used that yet). It's gotten pretty quiet around this synth and I had similar concerns when I got it just recently, but I am glad I did. On the other hand, it is able to chug along (albeit a little heavily) on an iPad 3 with iOS 9.3.

• edited November 2019

Hi @gdog,
    Yes, 13.2 is the “infamous” iPadOS. Thank you for the info :blush:

Thank you @Tim6502 glad to have another confirm.

• edited November 2019

@Faland haha, thanx for clarifying - Companies keep changing the names of things & I find it hard to keep up! 😼
    Let’s hope Nave will get AU support in the future. Have fun with Nave! 😺

• Waldorf Nave and Attack Drums are working fine on my 2018 12.9 iPad Pro, running latest iOS (13.2/iPadOS)

• edited November 2019

@gdog said:
    @Faland haha, thanx for clarifying - Companies keep changing the names of things & I find it hard to keep up! 😼
    Let’s hope Nave will get AU support in the future. Have fun with Nave! 😺

That's right, it's the simplest and cheapest way to make it look like you've changed "who knows what" and advertise it as a great innovation...

Thanks I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.

• @Eschatone said:
    Waldorf Nave and Attack Drums are working fine on my 2018 12.9 iPad Pro, running latest iOS (13.2/iPadOS)

Thank you.

Here, I bought it! Now, I'm almost certain that it will go on sale within a few days...

• It hasn't had a Black Friday sale for some time so you're probably safe.

• @Liquidmantis said:
    It hasn't had a Black Friday sale for some time so you're probably safe.

don't underestimate my power! :smiley:

• Nave has never not worked.
    It just gets better with age.

• Yes, I have to admit: Nave is a awesome synth, really terrific. I was hesitant because of the AU lacks, but now I couldn’t be more happy with it.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Nave has never not worked.

Only problem I’ve ever had with Nave is with the 4-track recorder being a little unstable at times, particularly when I try to do too many split edits (placing dozens of individual drum hits, etc) ...

• edited November 2019

@Eschatone said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Only problem I’ve ever had with Nave is with the 4-track recorder being a little unstable at times, particularly when I try to do too many split edits (placing dozens of individual drum hits, etc) ...

Can’t imagine that’s an easy task!

Have used everything on Nave except that tape recorder bit.

• edited November 2019

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Eschatone said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

When it works, it’s actually quite efficient. Just drag the audio you want to clip to the playhead position and double tap to pull up menu to split/trim or duplicate, then an easy drag and drop between the 4 tracks or along timeline. You can double tap timeline to turn snap to beat on, which makes it a breeze to build up intricate beats.

just tested it again on my ‘18 iPad Pro and it seems more stable now than it was on mu Air 2. Probably helps to have extra ram (6gb) available.

• How do you get presets into it please? On iOS 13.1.3 iPad Pro 11”. I’ve unzipped a navebank into a folder but can’t open it in Nave. It’s probably user error but need a bit of help please! Thanks

• Updated to 13.2 this morning and lo and behold the Haq navebank copied across ok. Had to have Nave open for it to work. As you were! 😉

@ajmiller said:
    How do you get presets into it please? On iOS 13.1.3 iPad Pro 11”. I’ve unzipped a navebank into a folder but can’t open it in Nave. It’s probably user error but need a bit of help please! Thanks

• @Eschatone said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Eschatone said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

When it works, it’s actually quite efficient. Just drag the audio you want to clip to the playhead position and double tap to pull up menu to split/trim or duplicate, then an easy drag and drop between the 4 tracks or along timeline. You can double tap timeline to turn snap to beat on, which makes it a breeze to build up intricate beats.

just tested it again on my ‘18 iPad Pro and it seems more stable now than it was on mu Air 2. Probably helps to have extra ram (6gb) available.

Good nudge here, thanks. Sent me back to the Venerable Nave and using the recorder to quickly cobble noise for throwing into Egoist....well-dressed bedfellows....

• I’ve been unsuccessful getting Nave to accept midi input or sync when using it in a AUM. Is this possible?

• Just tested it and its working for me as an IAA “instrument”.👍🏻

The day Nave stops working will be a sad day indeed.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I’ve been unsuccessful getting Nave to accept midi input or sync when using it in a AUM. Is this possible?

Yes it's working perfectly in AUM for me as a IAA too.

• Been spending more time than ever with Nave lately, constantly impressed by the unique, evolving sounds this synth is capable of. It’s quickly becoming my #1 all time iOS favorite, especially since developing a deeper understanding of sound design and learning all the bells and whistles since my last journey with it.

Nave actually helped convince me to buy a Waldorf Iridium, which is especially exciting since both Iridium and Quantum will load Nave presets. Of course Nave will just touch the surface of what Iridium is capable of, but I think the presets will be a great starting point to push even further once transferred over.

• @Eschatone said:
    both Iridium and Quantum will load Nave presets.

This is NOT what we meant when we asked Waldorf to update Nave.