Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which instrument app(s) convinced you that you could make ‘proper’ music on iOS?

Comments

• The Moog and Korg synths. then Beatmaker 3 in a huge way.

• ..also don't think I would have stuck with it without _AudioShare _

• Nanostudio on an iPod touch. I had tried a couple apps before that but they were pretty discouraging. Nanostudio just clicked right away. I still kind of miss the cheery colours.

Then Alchemy, that was huge.

• This thread is a goldmine for new iOS user like me, thank you, folks!

• The Originator. Beatmaker blew my mind and literally changed my life.

• surprised no one has mentioned yet... for me it was ( and still is, if i could just ignore all them distracting new comers! ) SAMPLR. i bought it and downloaded it onto my partners work iPad2 .. it was less than a month before i had gotten me an ipad mini specifically to use SAMPLR..
    though it did take the advent of Caustic & then Cubasis before i wrangled a fully formed & published physical CD out of the blighter..
    as the Queen during her annus horribilis sang: “ Don’t stop me now! “.
    .. ok Apple? you got that?

• edited November 2019

BeatMaker 2 once they added IAA support, if memory serves me November 2013. I had initially avoided it because the name made me think it was just a drum machine app. I was quite surprised it was actually a linear DAW with a killer keyboard and drum sampler built in. The workflow reminded me of working with Logic Audio. Before that I had tried GB and NS1 but never really connected.

• edited November 2019

@RajahP

That is damn impressive. In equal measure inspiring and intimidating :)

• @rs2000 said:
    My first Tony: Beatmaker 1 on iPod Touch 3.
    That's eleven years ago!

I bought BM1in August 2008, on iPhone 3G.

I'm still waiting for the app that helps me make 'proper' music though =)

• edited November 2019

Nanostudio 1 on iPod touch for sure. MultitrackDAW as a portable recorder also opened my eyes to the future.

• edited November 2019

@klownshed said:

@rs2000 said:
    My first Tony: Beatmaker 1 on iPod Touch 3.
    That's eleven years ago!

I bought BM1in August 2008, on iPhone 3G.

I'm still waiting for the app that helps me make 'proper' music though =)

Monsieur Jarre has something fresh for you ;)

And don't forget to move your fingers on the screen with meaningful gestures.

• edited November 2019

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Started saving for my first iPad about halfway through watching this video

Nice.. think I will have to get this..Thanks..

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @RajahP

That is damn impressive. In equal measure inspiring and intimidating :)

Not intimidating.. feels like, well, like his apps has a soul.. beautiful..

@LinearLineman said:
    Cubasis... I tried Gadget and Xequence first, but I needed that analog feel and look. @RajahP, that was nicely done. Fun to watch.

I think that’s the developer himself taking time out to play with his creations on that video.. must be ‘inspiring’..

• Finally i found that first video. I was like hypnotised how easily is builded basic track structure. Watched it thousand times before first release :)

• I'm still trying to parse 'proper'.

• SOTMC and Jurgen Klopp.

• @RajahP ....ahh. @klownshed ... DreamState Ephemeral City will solve your problem... collaborate with the ambient!

• Alchemy Mobile combined with TC-Data

• Bhajis Loops.

Oh wait, that was pre-iOS.

• Animoog & Beatmaker 2

• It wasn't so much an app, although discovering that Cubasis and iMS20 were on iPad is what made me buy one, it was more the people hiding in this far flung part on the internet that made me realise making music on tiny little devices that you shouldn't be able to make music on was actually something that other people did as well, I no longer felt odd or alone :D

• Garageband. And I'd never used it until 7 years after but this was the video that inspired it.

• Sunrizer on an old iPod touch !!!
    Sounds 10 times better than my JP-8000.

Now the JP-8000 is only being used as a controller with the Yamaha Midi Bluetooth plugs.

• @Beathoven said:
    Downloading iMS-20 and hearing the SyNc demo.

iMS-20 was also my introduction to iOS music. I was a complete newbie to synths and music production at the time, and buying that one as my first synth was like jumping into the deep end head first without knowing how to swim. It remained such an enigma to me for the first year or more.

Shortly after, Waldorf Nave, Animoog, Music Studio and Alchemy blew my mind and got me hooked, though I never made any real music until Gadget provided a cohesive experience I could get my head around and gel with.

• Korg Gadget. Had already purchased lots of music apps, had some fun noodling with them, but never finished a complete track. That changed with Gadget.

• ‘Proper’ music = anything you feel proud of

• @TimRussell said:
    ‘Proper’ music = anything you feel proud of

haha - Now that's what I call Proper ! :sunglasses:

• @LeonKowalski said:
    Korg Gadget. Had already purchased lots of music apps, had some fun noodling with them, but never finished a complete track. That changed with Gadget.

same