Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is Animoog already dead?

124»

Comments

• AU is preferable but I’m not going to ignore some of the sounds I can get from IAA. There’s too many incredible IAA synths to not use them even if it’s a hassle at times. Nave and Animoog and the Korg stuff is something I’ll always end up using a lot. I do hope these end up becoming (AU but I’ll live if they don’t

• Heh!

@TheVimFuego said:
    I refuse to buy any synth that doesn’t correctly handle non-ASCII characters in the MIDI port names.

Good update.

• edited November 2019

@brambos said:
    The importance of AU is only 5% about needing multiple instances. It's 95% about the convenience and seamlessness of state saving.

Add to that 95% convienence and seemless state saving the ability to realtime record and playback UI elements like knobs, sliders, switches and x/y pads!

• Why oh why is this magnificent beast AU yet?

• tjatja
    edited April 2020

@philowerx said:
    Add to that 95% convienence and seemless state saving the ability to realtime record and playback UI elements like knobs, sliders, switches and x/y pads!

Why should that not be possible with IAA Apps?

And AudioBus saves my IAA quite nicely, as well as switches between them perfectly, with big convenient user interfaces, full screen.

Also, from what I read here, I get the impression that there is not even something like an AU standard.
    Each developer needs to fight his own way through the mess of lacking documentation from Apple.
    And that shows, with the endless list of AU problems in different hosts.

It may well be, that IAA is still the more stable standard in this regard.
    No?

:)

• wimwim
    edited April 2020

@tja said:
    No?

Not in my experience.

For every one AUv3 problem I've had, I've had at least 50 IAA problems in hosts.

• @tja said:
    Also, from what I read here, I get the impression that there is not even something like an AU standard.
    Each developer needs to fight his own way through the mess of lacking documentation from Apple.

Back in 2016 that was the case. Nowadays the basics are well documented (also in 3rd party tuts and frameworks) and Apple’s samplecode is pretty good.

That’s mostly due to insufficient testing or beginner mistakes from first-time devs in my observations.

No?

No. IAA is meh compared to the vastly superior model of AU and I’ll be happy to see it go dodo.

• @wim said:

@tja said:
    No?

Not in my experience.

For every one AUv3 problem I've had, I've had at least 50 IAA problems in hosts.

I always hesitate to I launch an IAA app as it often end with a total crash.
    Almost never happen with AUv3.

• We are wolves howling at the moon 🌙

Auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

• @brambos said:

@tja said:

Back in 2016 that was the case. Nowadays the basics are well documented (also in 3rd party tuts and frameworks) and Apple’s samplecode is pretty good.

That’s mostly due to insufficient testing or beginner mistakes from first-time devs in my observations.

No?

No. IAA is meh compared to the vastly superior model of AU and I’ll be happy to see it go dodo.

Thanks.
    This will renew my opinion and expectations :)

• auv3 is a useful tool but not having it does not make an app “dead” or even outdated 🙄

• No.
    IT IS ALIVE

• @RUST( i )K said:
    No.
    IT IS ALIVE

Very alive (in the right paws, that is).

• @tja said:

@brambos said:

@tja said:

No?

Thanks.
    This will renew my opinion and expectations :)

👍

• I still have the very first iPad to come out (iOS 5 something). There is only one app installed on it. You know which one it is.