Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is Animoog already dead?

Hi to all! In the last weeks Moog released some updates for Model D and 15. Thats great, I like these two synths. But what about Animoog? This fantastic synth has still no AUv3 support and no support for iPad Pro 11“. What do you think? Will Moog give Animoog an update one day or is it already dead?

«134

Comments

  • Last update was as recent as 19th Oct, so I doubt if it's dead.

  • I hope it get the update it deserves, fantastic synth with amazing character. Very much the app that made me even consider iOS devices as a viable musical instruments.

  • Works fine here. I’d appreciate a less convoluted way of importing one‘s own timbres but other than that it’s still the masterpiece it was on day one.

    I guess I am pretty sanguine about the lack of AUv3.

  • I don’t recall that AUv3 was ever promised for Animoog. Older apps might require a total rewrite for AUv3 so a totally new Animoog 2 app might be more realistic.

  • I emailed Moog/Geert about Animoog following the Apple announcement that IAA would be deprecated at WWDC. He said that they would be thinking about a way forward for Animoog in the following weeks.

  • Of all the bigger name devs, Moog are by far my favorite. You can tell they really care about their legacy in every market they enter. Animoog is one of the few apps good enough to have an older iPad entirely dedicated to it.

  • Last year, GeoShred went AU.
    This year, Animoog hopefully will :smile:
    And then, it will be a total bliss!

  • Animoog working well for me in iOS 13!

  • @Beathoven said:
    I emailed Moog/Geert about Animoog following the Apple announcement that IAA would be deprecated at WWDC. He said that they would be thinking about a way forward for Animoog in the following weeks.

    I’m definitely looking forward to an AniMoog AU update!

  • @yowza said:
    I don’t recall that AUv3 was ever promised for Animoog. Older apps might require a total rewrite for AUv3 so a totally new Animoog 2 app might be more realistic.

    Yeah, sadly au is not gonna happen for Animoog, I emailed them after the last update asking if au was going to be added, the response I got was they’ll still have updates but no AUV3 implementation.

  • This is the response I got when I asked if we’ll get an Animoog au

    Anthony Hernandez (Moog Music)
    Oct 3, 11:13 -05

    Hey Jon,
    Thank you for the email. To answer your question, we are still seeing a number of people downloading and using the app, so we want to keep it up to date and relevant but there are no plans for Audio Unit implementation . However, we are always using customers input for future product planning. And if we are hearing that more people want new instrument apps, then that is what we need to do. I will pass this along to our developing team. Thank you again,
    -Anthony H
    [email protected]

  • @Strizbiz said:
    This is the response I got when I asked if we’ll get an Animoog au

    Anthony Hernandez (Moog Music)
    Oct 3, 11:13 -05

    Hey Jon,
    Thank you for the email. To answer your question, we are still seeing a number of people downloading and using the app, so we want to keep it up to date and relevant but there are no plans for Audio Unit implementation . However, we are always using customers input for future product planning. And if we are hearing that more people want new instrument apps, then that is what we need to do. I will pass this along to our developing team. Thank you again,
    -Anthony H
    [email protected]

    Their response doesn't make much sense. They want to keep it "relevant" and not update it to AU when IAA is deprecated already? They are using customer input for future product planning but not look into what iOS has deprecated?? No wonder it is lagging behind when old apps like Sunrizer have already ported to AU.

    @analog_matt How much effort do you think it is to convert an old app like Animoog into AU? Using a scrolling UI as-is.

  • edited November 2019

    Is Animoog already dead?

    Almost. sad to see.
    Other little developers updated all their apps to AU no matter how long they are out or how little they sold.
    hello apesoft.
    its the last app I bought from Moog. moog software - sell and forget. :/

  • @Lycaan said:
    Hi to all! In the last weeks Moog released some updates for Model D and 15. Thats great, I like these two synths. But what about Animoog? This fantastic synth has still no AUv3 support and no support for iPad Pro 11“. What do you think? Will Moog give Animoog an update one day or is it already dead?

    Not dead.

    On beta at moment.

  • @MobileMusic said:

    @Strizbiz said:
    This is the response I got when I asked if we’ll get an Animoog au

    Anthony Hernandez (Moog Music)
    Oct 3, 11:13 -05

    Hey Jon,
    Thank you for the email. To answer your question, we are still seeing a number of people downloading and using the app, so we want to keep it up to date and relevant but there are no plans for Audio Unit implementation . However, we are always using customers input for future product planning. And if we are hearing that more people want new instrument apps, then that is what we need to do. I will pass this along to our developing team. Thank you again,
    -Anthony H
    [email protected]

    Their response doesn't make much sense. They want to keep it "relevant" and not update it to AU when IAA is deprecated already? They are using customer input for future product planning but not look into what iOS has deprecated?? No wonder it is lagging behind when old apps like Sunrizer have already ported to AU.

    @analog_matt How much effort do you think it is to convert an old app like Animoog into AU? Using a scrolling UI as-is.

    Their response makes sense in that we know they are planning to release more instrument apps! :)

  • @MobileMusic said:

    @Strizbiz said:
    This is the response I got when I asked if we’ll get an Animoog au

    Anthony Hernandez (Moog Music)
    Oct 3, 11:13 -05

    Hey Jon,
    Thank you for the email. To answer your question, we are still seeing a number of people downloading and using the app, so we want to keep it up to date and relevant but there are no plans for Audio Unit implementation . However, we are always using customers input for future product planning. And if we are hearing that more people want new instrument apps, then that is what we need to do. I will pass this along to our developing team. Thank you again,
    -Anthony H
    [email protected]

    Their response doesn't make much sense. They want to keep it "relevant" and not update it to AU when IAA is deprecated already? They are using customer input for future product planning but not look into what iOS has deprecated?? No wonder it is lagging behind when old apps like Sunrizer have already ported to AU.

    @analog_matt How much effort do you think it is to convert an old app like Animoog into AU? Using a scrolling UI as-is.

    My thoughts exactly, I mean I guess for people using it as a stand alone it might make sense, but making it an au would be keeping it relevant for me personally.

  • IAA isn’t going anywhere.

    Animoog still gets updates and never ever had issues here.

    New Moog stuff would be good.

  • Even if they HAD dropped update support...it's like 8 years old, no? That's amazing longevity for support for almost any software.

  • ... and still getting downloads.
    (never liked it as a 'Moog' source, but it's a cool app...and got one of the best virtual midi keyboards in the touch domain) B)

  • "The Rumors of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated." - Animoog

    What AUv3 apps sound like it? Seriously. I have too many synths and this one sings to me
    but I rarely load it. I rarely look at IAA apps in AUM... except for the LUMbeats drummers.

  • @Strizbiz said:

    @MobileMusic said:

    @Strizbiz said:
    This is the response I got when I asked if we’ll get an Animoog au

    Anthony Hernandez (Moog Music)
    Oct 3, 11:13 -05

    Hey Jon,
    Thank you for the email. To answer your question, we are still seeing a number of people downloading and using the app, so we want to keep it up to date and relevant but there are no plans for Audio Unit implementation . However, we are always using customers input for future product planning. And if we are hearing that more people want new instrument apps, then that is what we need to do. I will pass this along to our developing team. Thank you again,
    -Anthony H
    [email protected]

    Their response doesn't make much sense. They want to keep it "relevant" and not update it to AU when IAA is deprecated already? They are using customer input for future product planning but not look into what iOS has deprecated?? No wonder it is lagging behind when old apps like Sunrizer have already ported to AU.

    @analog_matt How much effort do you think it is to convert an old app like Animoog into AU? Using a scrolling UI as-is.

    My thoughts exactly, I mean I guess for people using it as a stand alone it might make sense, but making it an au would be keeping it relevant for me personally.

    Moog has more of a sense of what it would cost them to create an AU vs what additional revenue it would generate-- they have good data points since they have created two popular AUv3s. They aren't a big company, and the numbers are probably telling them that their money would be more profitably invested in a different project.

    Unlike us, they know how much revenue their apps generate and how much they cost to develop.

  • edited November 2019

    I don’t understand this AU only thing with synths.

    All hardware synths, pianos, guitars etc would also be dead according to this logic or am I missing something here?

  • @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I don’t understand this AU only thing with synths.

    Me either

  • @yowza said:

    @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I don’t understand this AU only thing with synths.

    Me either

    I only can really play one guitar at a time.

    I only need one of each synth at a time.

  • @RUST( i )K said:

    I only need one of each synth at a time.

    Different strokes etc but I always chuckle when someone says they can only load x number of instances of (pick your favorite AUv3 synth).
    I usually don’t want more than one instance of any given synth because I want different sounds and timbres not the same type of sound stacked up and most synths have a “sound”.
    It would be like having chocolate cake with chocolate chips in it and chocolate syrup and a scoop of chocolate ice cream on top. Some people might like that but it’s way too much chocolate for me.

  • @yowza said:

    @RUST( i )K said:

    I only need one of each synth at a time.

    Different strokes etc but I always chuckle when someone says they can only load x number of instances of (pick your favorite AUv3 synth).
    I usually don’t want more than one instance of any given synth because I want different sounds and timbres not the same type of sound stacked up and most synths have a “sound”.
    It would be like having chocolate cake with chocolate chips in it and chocolate syrup and a scoop of chocolate ice cream on top. Some people might like that but it’s way too much chocolate for me.

    Yeah, but there are a lot of folks on here that are concerned with how many instances they can run and with how they can replicate their opuses live.

    This is probably the driest sarcasm I've ever used, by the way. There was no sneeriness in it, no hatred, just an acknowledgement that some people care more about possibilities than results.

  • @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I don’t understand this AU only thing with synths.

    All hardware synths, pianos, guitars etc would also be dead according to this logic or am I missing something here?

    Me three. Just the other day I was thinking ‚this V-Synth sure sounds nice. Alas, unless I can have at least another’s three of those in the studio, this track isn’t going anywhere. Ah well, back to drinking.‘

  • It works flawlessly, gets updates , so don’t understand the dead thing
    AU upgrade is something different

  • It seems Animoog stopped opening on all of my iPads including my old iPad 2 on 9.3.5 and my newer iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro 2 on 13.2.2. I don’t remember the last time that it worked, but your post prompted me to check on them to see if they are currently working. Every time I try to open them it says “Animoog is already dead, click here to find out more”. I click and it starts an animation along an Animoog style modulation path that says “Animoog is dead. It does not work currently and never will ever again.”

  • I bought Animoog pretty much on day 1. I’ve had it for years.

    I keep it around but never really use it as I only use AUs now. Why? Because I’ve always disliked the workflow of using IAA apps.

    I stopped using my iPad for music for a long time as I I found the multiple app thing so frustrating and klunky

    AU plugins have been a game changer. State saving is worth the price of admission alone, let alone having multiple instances.

    The only app I use IAA apps with is AUM and often have issues with the apps opening and the. I can never remember which patch it should be set to, etc.

    Loading an AUM session that only uses AUs is far nicer.

    I don’t understand the love for IAA.

    I do however understand people wanting standalone apps to use a synth as an external sound module as part of a bigger setup, but when you have a DAW plugins just make much more sense. When using an app within another such as AUM, then having it self contained makes like much easier.

    Each to their own. But AU has been a game changer for me. I’ve use my iPad for music more on the last year than in the first 8 or 9 years combined. And it’s lead to me using my Mac for music much more too. And having AU plugins was the catalyst. Stringing apps together with IAA was something I did for years and it got to the stage where I spent more time trying to set the iPad up than actually creating and it put me off to the extent that I stopped doing it entirely.

    The benefits to me of AU plugins are huge.

    I don’t expect Moog to release an AU update for Animoog. It would be lovely if they did but they made Animoog 108 years ago. Long before AUs were a thing in iOS.

    If they release a new app along the lines of Animoog as an AU then I’d happily buy it.

Sign In or Register to comment.